McAfee Or Kaspersky Or NOD???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Everyone,

I have been using McAfee 2008 for a long time now. Recently I bought and installed Kasperesky Internet Security 2009. But I'm having problems with updating my virus database!! Currently i'm accessing the net through my cell phone. But to update the database it takes approx 4 hours and in the end (at 99%) i get the error message that due to a connection error my database were not updated!! This has happened more than 5 times!! Are there any anti virus database update available in the installer form???
Or should i switch back to McAfee??? Coz i didnt hav such problems with McAfee!!! Or should i give NOD try???

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
McAfee has become stale now.

Kaspersky is good

Norton 2009 looks pretty solid
fast, great protection.

download the 15 day trial from the symantec site.

installation takes less than a minute
clean interface.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I m currently using Kaspersky 7 with me and till now i wont face any problems with that like u've mentioned. If it suffocates u, then no harm in switching to some other thing..

Just give McAfee another try. coz earlier i use NOD, which detects each and every folder in my HDD as virus, and i lost all the datas when my bro accidentally click the Full Computer Scan button.

So, i suggest u to give McAfee a chance.

Personally, i prefer Kaspersky.....

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
I think it happens for slow connection, it also happens for me with Antivir, i simply cant update with my gprs connection, whereas AVAST updates with no problem.

BTW, i personally like kaspersky, my friend using it, no problem yet.

Last edited:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 FTW!!!!
These kinda questions should be asked in the official AV thread which is a sticky in this section.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Just this:

KASPERSKY IS THE BEST

Get KIS 2009 and bam, don't ever worry abt anything related to security, let the viruses and all them **** run for their lives.

afonofa

Journeyman
fast, great protection.

clean interface.
Norton 2009 may be faster than the previous versions, but regarding detection and cleaning of malware, how do you know its any better than the previous norton versions? It could be that they compromised whatever protection Norton was providing, for speed. Unless a lot of people start recommending Norton 2009 based on real world experiences on how its really good at detecting, preventing and cleaning malware, I won't be going back to Norton.
I m currently using Kaspersky 7 with me and till now i wont face any problems with that like u've mentioned. If it suffocates u, then no harm in switching to some other thing..

Just give McAfee another try. coz earlier i use NOD, which detects each and every folder in my HDD as virus, and i lost all the datas when my bro accidentally click the Full Computer Scan button.

So, i suggest u to give McAfee a chance.

Personally, i prefer Kaspersky.....
You can use your current license with the new version. KAV 8 is better. You know that KAV 7 on high settings does affect system performance but KAV 8 even on the highest settings, is like having the strength of KAV v7 + speed of NOD32 v2! Don't waste time, definitely upgrade to KAV or KIS 8, whichever you are using.
Too bad though what happened to your data but if Nod32 deleted the folders then there must have been an infection otherwise there is just no reason for it to delete all your data folders. I have not used or trialed Mcafee 2008 but I have no doubt that Eset Nod32 Antivirus v3 is definitely better than Mcafee 2008.

But there can be no comparison between KAV/KIS 8 and EAV/ESS 3. Unless Eset pulls off something special, 2009 is going to be Kaspersky's year.

KIS 8 is even better than KAV 8. I especially liked its virtual keyboard. Check out the feature comparison between KAV and KIS 2009.

hell_storm2006 you should definitely continue with KIS 2009. Dont even consider switching to Mcafee or Eset Nod32...or else! :p
As for updating KIS 2009, I assume its the first time you are updating it after installation, which is why the update is taking so long(even on a slow connection). You can try to update with the KIS firewall turned off, it might help. Unfortunately they still haven't released manual updates for KAV/KIS 2009. I'm not entirely sure if it will work, but if you want, I could zip and split the updates and upload it to rapidshare. You can unzip it to a local folder and update the databases from there. Assuming its the first update, the later updates will be smaller and there won't be a problem downloading it directly from Kaspersky's servers.

for all you Kaspersky fan visit this blog at *kasperskysucks.blogspot.com/

I personally recommend Trend micro 2009, which now loads real fast and is also very light on Cpu . Norton's 2009 suit claims are tall, i really wont care if it installs in less than a minute or waht ever - ive had problems with it in the past - and will neva want to try it on my system ever !!

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Kaspersky user here! :D

But I usually install Avast on systems with slow net connection. Kaspersky update servers are usually slow. For slow net connection, AVG is also good. (Nothing beats Kaspersky though!)

OP
H

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Unfortunately they still haven't released manual updates for KAV/KIS 2009. I'm not entirely sure if it will work, but if you want, I could zip and split the updates and upload it to rapidshare. You can unzip it to a local folder and update the databases from there. Assuming its the first update, the later updates will be smaller and there won't be a problem downloading it directly from Kaspersky's servers.

Please do that. I would be thankful to you. Please send me the updates. If you split the files. Its better you send it to me through e-mail attachments.
My e-mail id is: hell_storm2004@hotmail.com.
Also please instruct me on how to get the updates working with my KIS 2009. Thanks.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Here's free 180DAYS of NOD32!!! A new offer, check, just found out:
*uneit.com/2008/09/09/free-180-days-eset-nod32-genuine-license-key-for-everybody/

afonofa

Journeyman
@hell_storm2006
rgr tht.

I'm not sure if it will work, but its worth a try.How to update KIS 2009 from local folder
I prefer uploading the files to rapidshare or any other file hosting site of your choice. Hope thats ok.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
OMG :shock: another anti-virus WAR..deciding whose the best...not again...

sooo boring....:(

@thread-starter: pls search b4 u post....there r N number of threads on same topic..blah
blah....thread :D

A

ankitsagwekar

McAfee has become stale now.

Kaspersky is good

fast, great protection.

clean interface.

+1

norton is back :p

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I've heard of McAfee Stinger, some 2.5mb, but what is it exactly?
It's a standalone software that detects & deletes some of the most common Trojans & Viruses (around 236 by the current one). Pretty cool, I'm using it right now in my college to clean the machines for our LAN gaming event. Big PITA.

OP
H

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
@hell_storm2006
rgr tht.

I'm not sure if it will work, but its worth a try.How to update KIS 2009 from local folder
I prefer uploading the files to rapidshare or any other file hosting site of your choice. Hope thats ok.

I dont mind if you are uploading it in rapidshare. I just thought if the size is small you can send it through e-mail. You just say it. I'll take it. Just let me know when you have sent the e-mail or uploaded the file. What's the size anyways of the database? Thanks a lot man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom