Marks & Spencer apologizes after saying Muslim staff may refuse to serve customers pork and alcohol

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Re: Marks & Spencer apologizes after saying Muslim staff may refuse to serve customers pork and alco

The only suggestion I can repeat is not to use "ISKOn", prabhupad version.

Why not :p it's not like its a dangerous cult spoiling the name of hinduisim by using scripture to their own benefit
Anyway, brb with aurobindo version

OP
mediator

mediator

Technomancer
Re: Marks & Spencer apologizes after saying Muslim staff may refuse to serve customers pork and alco

haha, you seem to analyze SBG in installments! Anyways, I don't care about "hinduism" in the first place, but yes about Indian science and philosophy. Once you understand sanskrit, you'll find tons of distortions in translations and mind boggling tangents in the purports from vedabase.net, prabhupad or Iskon versions! If anybody has a notion of Islam and Christianity being distorted versions of earlier "pagan a.k.a nature worshipping literature", then today's Iskon is a close resemblance to that same transformation. Wait another 100 years, and I can bet Iskon will become another abrahamic cult where Krishna will be reduced to the understanding of "only almighty" and fan following busy in discussing how other so called "gods" are inferior to Krishna just like in the case of Islam!

Anyways, it would be better for you to understand SBG, going through it again atleast 4-5 times instead of proving anything to me! :oops:

On the other side, I do love Iskon for their art and creativity depicted in the Iskon temples.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz

haha, you seem to analyze SBG in installments! Anyways, I don't care about "hinduism" in the first place, but yes about Indian science and philosophy. Once you understand sanskrit, you'll find tons of distortions in translations and mind boggling tangents in the purports from vedabase.net, prabhupad or Iskon versions! If anybody has a notion of Islam and Christianity being distorted versions of earlier "pagan a.k.a nature worshipping literature", then today's Iskon is a close resemblance to that same transformation. Wait another 100 years, and I can bet Iskon will become another abrahamic cult where Krishna will be reduced to the understanding of "only almighty" and fan following busy in discussing how other so called "gods" are inferior to Krishna just like in the case of Islam!

Anyways, it would be better for your to understand SBG, going through it again atleast 4-5 times instead of proving anything to me! :oops:

On the other side, I do love Iskon for their art and creativity depicted in the Iskon temples.

+1. I am just stunned by the beautiful creativity arising out of this love for God. Whatever is inspiring this level of beauty and creativity cant be wrong ( as opposed to some religions which cause nothing but divisive mentality , arrogance and prejudices). Even richard dawkins would agree :D

OP
mediator

mediator

Technomancer

haha @srkmish....its would be a heaven if people start loving the creativity of that kind and other's expression of the creativity in a detached way, instead of trying to demolish anything that does not match one's conditioned/borrowed view and respecting the questioning process and thinking over it instead of calling it communal or hate as per their convenience. :)

I'm surprised now that I have questioned ISKON's reduction of Krishna as a universal god, the trolls are still silent, unable to call me "communal" or "hateful" towards ISKON.

Anyways, I found a wonderful expression from Aurobindo's works----

In the Veda indeed its fundamental conception forbids the Puranic arrangement of the supreme Trinity and the lesser gods. To the Vedic Rishis there was only one universal Deva of whom Vishnu, Rudra, Brahmanaspati, Agni, Indra, Vayu, Mitra, Varuna are all alike forms and cosmic aspects. Each of them is in himself the whole Deva and contains all the other gods. It was the full emergence in the Upanishads of the idea of this supreme and only Deva, left in the Riks vague and undefined and sometimes even spoken of in the neuter as That or the one sole existence, the ritualistic limitation of the other gods and the progressive precision of their human or personal aspects under the stress of a growing mythology that led to their degradation and the enthronement of the less used and more general names and forms, Brahma, Vishnu and Rudra, in the final Puranic formulation of the Hindu theogony. (Secret of Veda by Aurobindo, Pg 347)

PS - Aurobindo's understanding of "God" and the style in which he presents it is way different than the average/modern understanding of God.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'm surprised now that I have questioned ISKON's reduction of Krishna as a universal god, the trolls are still silent, unable to call me "communal" or "hateful" towards ISKON.
How childish you are.

Minion

Conversation Architect

You seriously haven't seen a hindu selling/serving/eating beef till date? :|

I have seen hindus to eat just to know how it taste.

sksundram

In the zone

Dosto.. Ynha bakaiti krna bnd kro aur kaun kya soch ra hai, wo sochna v band kro. Help the needy with selflessness. That will be the real change that you could bring instead of arguing on those topics whose outcome you can't change.

Minion

Conversation Architect

^+1 for this.

Hrishi

Dosto.. Ynha bakaiti krna bnd kro aur kaun kya soch ra hai, wo sochna v band kro. Help the needy with selflessness. That will be the real change that you could bring instead of arguing on those topics whose outcome you can't change.

I somewhat agree to this guy. You guys really need to do some real world changes, apart from this debate.
There is no point in just arguing only , unless you manage to change someone's viewpoint and perspective.

DDIF

Custom User Title

I thought this was just a news post, didn't know until I saw all the debate rising from it.
I think we shouldn't accuse the poster as he just posted a news, take it just like any other random news.
Agreed, but still argument is also good, sometimes it helps in understanding other's viewpoint. But argument in news section is pointless IMHO.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle

*cms.boloji.com/dohaphotos/doha13_1.gif

ASHISH65

Technomancer

+1000 :)

Alanis

Right off the assembly line

@Alanis - Whoever you are, perhaps an admin's fake account, increasing your post count in this blessed thread only, you can continue your blabber on theism/atheism in the following threads.... In case the English is hard for you...

Languages are just a means of expressing your feelings and yours are clearly hateful, in Sanskrit, English and any other. As for "English", it's not turned on by me no, a lot of Englishmen have been, but the language, not yet. If your Sanskrit is as bad as your English, I'd be questioning everything you say, thankfully you're insignificant, meaningless, and will be drowned out by simple logic and reasoning, and the fact that no one really gives a $#%* about your superiority complex.

You're probably a "little" man, in every sense, and that shows with the amount of hatred and venom you spew, and you incessant need to argue. Thankfully, the rest of the world has a life. Continue spewing your venom, and become bitter and then go beat your wife, because that's the impression you give out for what kind of a "man" you are. Just my opinion as a woman, which you will obviously ignore.

Happy new year everyone else... Thankfully most if the world will move ahead with every new year!

OP
mediator

mediator

Technomancer

Your opinion well accepted and my opinion is girls on PMS should be given more love and care during the golden period. Well I appreciate your colorful nicknames, you can indeed call me mediator. :)

Top Bottom