Marks & Spencer apologizes after saying Muslim staff may refuse to serve customers pork and alcohol

OP
mediator

mediator

Technomancer
Re: Marks & Spencer apologizes after saying Muslim staff may refuse to serve customers pork and alco

Going by your unsurpassed wisdom, I can similarly accuse you as to why your enlightenment did not fall on those (threads and people) who have put the so called "hindus" in bad light or those who continuously talk about "Sati" and cast in their argument. Now please go and check your initital post #10, my question to you, the "scale of relativity" you have put forward where you brought "animal killing discussion" into a picture which originally revolved around personal beliefs affecting other people's business/administration and then abandoning your own line of reasoning. How predictable!

And yes, all of it relates to the original issue at hand. Perhaps, you are pretending to be selective in understanding English or the context of the news and my posts. Its not about options as in a mall, but specifically chosing a restaurant known for serving pork and alcohol, getting yourself hired and then bringing your personal beliefs unnecessarily, whereas unconditionally accepting a salary which is based on the sale of pork and alcohol. It seems you have very diplomatically disagreed with the personal belief of pork and alcohol being discussed. Well done!

Now if you are done with your accusations, do treat my questions objectively if you can and I'd like an answer where you are not scared by the public judgements of your reply. My questions are straight forward, please answer even if you think that "they do not apply to the original issue at hand".

mediator said:
Take a hypothetical scenario, where I create a religion, lets say mediatorism where killing humans on a particular day, lets call it human-id, is the belief, to praise the almight "millah". What should the state do?

Now suppose state has law where animal protection and welfare is the priority and killing animals is punishable crime with penalty upto 10 years in jail. What should theists who kill animals do?

C'mon the questions aren't that hard. Who are you afraid of?

Last edited:

Alanis

Right off the assembly line
Re: Marks & Spencer apologizes after saying Muslim staff may refuse to serve customers pork and alco

M&S need to grow a pair and tell people who won't serve so-and-so for religious reasons to FO and get another job, regardless of which religion they're from -- just my 2 cents.

I did a quick search for some of the posts made by the guy who started this, and man you certainly are anti-muslim. You need to grow a pair and admit it, and accept the consequences.

Let the people who run this forum decide to deal with you -- either like the pseudo-secular M&S afraid of looking bad (as I suspect they will), or just ban you for bringing religions and childish biases into a tech forum in 2013.

Hypocrites everywhere!

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin

/me runs and hides.

Alanis is back! The apocalypse must be close. :)
What's up girl?

OP
mediator

mediator

Technomancer

@Alanis - Judging by the reply of the Raaabo, you seemed to have woken from your thousand old hibernation. Smell the forum and open your eyes. Indeed, I'm anti-Islam something which I have told thousands of times in FIGHT CLUB, but not against the muslims. There is a difference. I'm sure it bounced off your headwith your "quick search", "quick glances" and "quick judgements"!

Your two cents noted. You can save the rest of your troll for FIGHT CLUB and perhaps do a little "quick search" there as well.

Wonder why all the trolls are drawing like a magnet to this thread only! :oops:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz

Going by your unsurpassed wisdom, I can similarly accuse you as to why your enlightenment did not fall on those (threads and people) who have put the so called "hindus" in bad light or those who continuously talk about "Sati" and cast in their argument. Now please go and check your initital post #10, my question to you, the "scale of relativity" you have put forward where you brought "animal killing discussion" into a picture which originally revolved around personal beliefs affecting other people's business/administration and then abandoning your own line of reasoning. How predictable!

And yes, all of it relates to the original issue at hand. Perhaps, you are pretending to be selective in understanding English or the context of the news and my posts. Its not about options as in a mall, but specifically chosing a restaurant known for serving pork and alcohol, getting yourself hired and then bringing your personal beliefs unnecessarily, whereas unconditionally accepting a salary which is based on the sale of pork and alcohol. It seems you have very diplomatically disagreed with the personal belief of pork and alcohol being discussed. Well done!

Now if you are done with your accusations, do treat my questions objectively if you can and I'd like an answer where you are not scared by the public judgements of your reply. My questions are straight forward, please answer even if you think that "they do not apply to the original issue at hand".

C'mon the questions aren't that hard. Who are you afraid of?

Excellent points mediator. Just goes to show the hypocrisy of these "religious" people.

Darth Vader

In the zone

Let me add something that can accelerate or close this thread :)

Science Proves Religious People Are Stupid and Atheists Are Smart
Science Proves Religious People Are Stupid and Atheists Are Smart | TheMoralMindfield

Religious people are dumb inside no matter how successful they are in their life because Religion Is Bullshit . :enforcer:

Bullshit rules :twisted:

Alanis

Right off the assembly line

Something I read on Raaabo's fb wall that I liked:
Arguing with the illogical is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how logical and brilliant my moves, the pigeon will knock all the pieces over, poo on the board and still strut around like it's won the game!

Now back to this thread: All hail the real God of knowledge!

Oh wait... I'm atheist... never mind. *yawn* back to sleep.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats more like an Amul Baby reply.
Public - How will you stop corruption?
Amul Baby - The question is "how will you do it"?
So, I finally found the answer and "hence" I'm posting a few threads. I don't know what you mean by "these" threads. There is this section called Random news and people can share non-tech news in this section. I believe mods should rise beyond the cause and effect filters that they see other people with. Anyways, your pravachans might be quoted in the future. I don't know if you have a habit of speaking just because you wanna speak something quoting me unnecessarily. We all know you are mod!

If you can spare me, please stop littering my posts with your unneeded psycho-analysis and post only and only if you have something of substance! :oops:
hmm, so what I said has been termed as psycho-analysis. I wonder what Shrimad Bhagvad Gita is for you then.

The only problem with you is, the prejudice you carry. The hate you have. No effort of going beyond such fruitless feelings. A mere keyboard warrior is what you are, my friend.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Something I read on Raaabo's fb wall that I liked:
Arguing with the illogical is like playing chess with a GOAT. No matter how logical and brilliant my moves, the pigeon will knock all the pieces over, poo on the board and still strut around like it's won the game!

Look what we have here :lol:
*d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/aQqzPM7_460sa.gif

I do agree that one shouldn't take job where his/her religious views clash. Haven't heard the both side of story though. Looks like a fail at the supermarket too as they couldn't keep the employee to a different section or may be the employee should have used gloves to handle the liquor if it was going to harm somehow.

OP
mediator

mediator

Technomancer

The purpose of posting this thread is being served I guess.

1. Mediator posts a thread in which a guy apparently tagged as a muslim, joins a firm which sells pork and alcohol. He doesn't have any problems regarding his salary which comes from selling that (pork and alcohol) and then creates ruckus about his personal beliefs/laws/religion that forbids him to do so while delivering the business, interferes in the business of the firm.

2. Trolls in this forum, instead of acknowledging such a misbehaviour, by such a person apparently tagged as a muslim turn their blind eye to the whole chain of events and start firing the news posters only with their verbal AK-47, calling him communal, anti-muslim, hateful etc.

Now I'm really wondering what the replies would have been had it been someone tagged as "Hindu" in a situation of beef/alcohol (which I have not heard of yet though).

@Ico - Please don't ruin Shrimad Bhagvad Gita like that and don't be stuck to the cause and effect theory of yours or "everything happens for a reason". Thats the biggest superstition and theistic understanding similar to the Abrahamic cult which says "God has a plan"! :oops:

@Alanis - Whoever you are, perhaps an admin's fake account, increasing your post count in this blessed thread only, you can continue your blabber on theism/atheism in the following threads....

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-club/39882-science-god-66.html
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-clu...y-politics-religion-everything-under-sun.html

Do your "quick search" in these. In case the English is hard for you, this thread is not about atheism/theism. I know associating with "Atheism" sounds cool these days. Taste this -> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/random-news/180034-atheists-face-death-13-muslim-countries.html and perhaps you can gloat over your association in such countries. I'm sure these are not the hateful or communal countries for the trolls littering my blessed thread here. :oops:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

instead of acknowledging such a misbehaviour, by such a person apparently tagged as a muslim turn their blind eye to the whole chain of events and start firing the news posters only with their verbal AK-47, calling him communal, anti-muslim, hateful etc.
The misbehaviour is pretty obvious isn't it? The way Marks & Spencer handled it is also not right. Dunno what you're trying to prove when it is obvious.

@Ico - Please don't ruin Shrimad Bhagvad Gita like that and don't be stuck to the cause and effect theory of yours or "everything happens for a reason". Thats the biggest superstition and theistic understanding similar to the Abrahamic cult which says "God has a plan"! :oops:
You didn't even understand what I wrote. Not my theory at all that. :) I'm not ruining anything at all. Nor I'll accuse anyone of ruining it.

But yes, you need to learn to argue like a learned man. Or may be like a man first. :)

OP
mediator

mediator

Technomancer

You win! :)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

The teaching of Bhagvada-Geeta is totally against the blind belief in Krishna e.g verse 9.11, 18.63, 3.42 and many more!
Fools deride me when I descend in human form. They do not know my transcendental nature as the supreme lord of all that be

The working senses are superior to dull matter, the mind is higher than senses, intelligence is higher than the mind, and krishna is even higher than the intelligence.
says krishna is very high and mighty, exact definition of blind belief. its like a tutorial on how to go blind with belief.

the anti-muslim threads gives out the impression that your primary occupation is finding out all the things muslims are doing wrong

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

^

can you directly understand Sanskrit?

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz

I think the whole point of the thread is Marks & Spencer doesn't have the balls to declare that people who favor religious prejudices over work ethics can **** off. Sad that these companies/government have to bow down to the whims and fancies of a deluded religious cult.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

^

can you directly understand Sanskrit?

nope.jpg but no need, there is word by word translation available, so you can easily choose to read param as "primary" instead of "transcendent"

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

I think the whole point of the thread is Marks & Spencer doesn't have the balls to declare that people who favor religious prejudices over work ethics can **** off. Sad that these companies/government have to bow down to the whims and fancies of a deluded religious cult.

Probably cannot afford the backlash they will receive from the community.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz

One of the things that always astounds me is - why some religious people consider every other member of their cult as one of their "kaum". I just don't understand this. I wont consider any hindu living in malasiya to be of my "kaum" and wouldn't bother one bit whatever internal strife is going on there. I am only concerned with the peacefulness and harmony in my own country and value the social harmony over stupid,outdated,irrational rules imposed by my religion. I would gladly break any of these if it contributed to the progress of society/nation.

OP
mediator

mediator

Technomancer

Anorion said:
says krishna is very high and mighty, exact definition of blind belief. its like a tutorial on how to go blind with belief.

the anti-muslim threads gives out the impression that your primary occupation is finding out all the things muslims are doing wrong
Exactly the reason you need to get yourself educated in Sanskrit and why you need an elementary level education in riddles/poetry as well, otherwise you'll pwn Russel Peters all the time.

I do remember your comprehension from #286, #288
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-clu...olitics-religion-everything-under-sun-10.html

The only suggestion I can repeat is not to use "ISKOn", prabhupad version. Here's a close modern perspective of the same verse 9.11, a transcendental nature of the same reality which manifests in myraids of forms yet formless, names yet nameless. Call it unconscious by the link below, ultimate conscious by the understanding of the seers, the truth....it all means the same! For the fault finders, below link yields a close understanding, although the science, the different meanings of SBG are beyond even to this.

The Unsung Intelligence of Life's Web | Reality Sandwich

anorion said:
The working senses are superior to dull matter, the mind is higher than senses, intelligence is higher than the mind, and krishna is even higher than the intelligence.
Nope, this is not the translation of BG 3.42. Like I said before, sanskrit can help you understand the flaw in translation. No where in 3.42 (sanskrit) it says Krishna (a name or a god in modern theistic sense), let alone to be higher than anything. In sanskrit it says "sah" which means him, "that" in upanishads, "sa" in devi purana. The context is again the ultimate consciousness!

You can keep trying to distort SBG or belittle it in anyway possible. You are highly secular, I forgot! :oops:

Last edited:
Top Bottom