Man of Steel (movie) - 2013

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
I guessed 800 mill ww earlier and I am still standing to that (330-350 domestic + 450-480 foreign)

Don't think it will make that much. Foreign BO is only at 78million, though the movie is yet to open in a lot of places. I'd say 550-600mill WW, more than enough to warrant a sequel :D

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
The movie was awesome.I dont understand why the critics are hating this movie so much.It had everything,good story,drama,awesome action scenes,great villian,hot chicks and spaceships.People who are pissed about the ending need to know this is not the Superman from the comics its a new Superman so his choice at the end of the film was the right one imo.The movie has fared really well at the BO and a sequel has already been greenlit and fasttracked.Cant wait to see the sequel.This movie was so much better than Iron Man 3 and look how high rating Iron MAn 3 got.The only other movie i liked as much as MAn of Steel this year was Star Trek:Into Darkness.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
The movie was awesome.I dont understand why the critics are hating this movie so much.It had everything,good story,drama,awesome action scenes,great villian,hot chicks and spaceships.People who are pissed about the ending need to know this is not the Superman from the comics its a new Superman so his choice at the end of the film was the right one imo.The movie has fared really well at the BO and a sequel has already been greenlit and fasttracked.Cant wait to see the sequel.This movie was so much better than Iron Man 3 and look how high rating Iron MAn 3 got.The only other movie i liked as much as MAn of Steel this year was Star Trek:Into Darkness.

Disney/Marvel probably bought them off :p

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I think it'll be little more than $450 mil. It has opened in China and the gross is good, but not as Iron Man or Avengers.

BTW, I also heard some Western-teen-wannabe Indian teens talking after the movie that Avengers was better, had more comedic relief. Pfft. And also a 7 year old fat kid saying he didn't understand. :D

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
BTW, I also heard some Western-teen-wannabe Indian teens talking after the movie that Avengers was better, had more comedic relief. Pfft. And also a 7 year old fat kid saying he didn't understand. :D

They're more enjoyable, can't blame them. Though I'm already getting tired of Stark's humor, Avengers pushed it way too much.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Its a good movie, but the overdone humor and plot conveniences killed it for me. Though I won't say I didn't enjoy the movie, but...its just something I don't think I'll remember for a long time. That's what I hate about Marvel, they just shell out movies to make a quick buck not giving a single fck about making good/memorable movies.

Good things were Hulk smashing that Transformers alien and Thanos.

You mean Loki? Thanos is wayyy too strong even for someone like Hulk.

Last edited:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Finally got to see man of steel today and wow..really good movie though i had a bit higher expectations in terms of plot but arguably the best cbm movie up till now..am going to watch this again this week...

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Its a good movie, but the overdone humor and plot conveniences killed it for me. Though I won't say I didn't enjoy the movie, but...its just something I don't think I'll remember for a long time. That's what I hate about Marvel, they just shell out movies to make a quick buck not giving a single fck about making good/memorable movies.You mean Loki? Thanos is wayyy too strong even for someone like Hulk.

Yea, I enjoyed it too. Had laughs and all, but after watching MoS when I saw this today, I felt the humor was not at all required in some places (MoS has it too, that kissing scene). And also I meant Thanos - just don't like Loki (annoying) - his epic cameo is what got me excited for Avengers 2.

Hoping Guardians of Galaxy has him, I mean literally a villain.

Last edited:
OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Oh okay, I read it like Hulk smashing Thanos :p

EDIT - 400million(technically 570mil, due to the 170mil it made from the product placement and marketing) WW right now. Might go till 700 by the end of the run.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Won't it get to a billion??

Btw i think savage or world war hulk can beat Thanos. Hulk has no upper power limit.

"HULK IS THE STRONGEST THAT THERE IS.....GRRRRRRRARGGGGGGG!!!!" :))

[YOUTUBE]aPlVDIH_I_A[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Billion? impossible! Only reason is because its the first in the franchise, and the world is more familiar with Iron man, avengers, and spiderman right now.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Hulk is nearly invincible, he gets more powerful as he gets more rage. Thanos isn't from Earthly cells, he's like a God with Infinity Gauntlet.

But Darkseid owns 'em all.

*2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ku6SPRq8054/TARixVTOmmI/AAAAAAAAAi8/ceP1VtdqX0I/s1600/final+crisis+thumbs+down.jpg

Sorry, I didn't use spoiler tag 'cause I had to make people see it.

Top Bottom