Making a new website ! Help and suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
vish786 said:
a true friend says the truth... even the fact if ur face is dirty(which isnt :D )... i only said ur site is dirty ;)
issey ghatiya site maine kahin nahi dekhi :mad: I was just trying to say the truth.:D

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
hmm ! many things are seen for the first time in life :D , well i was talking about the siggy thing you said vish ! not the site thing.. thanks for telling the truth gaurav :)

shantanu

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
shantanu said:
hmm ! many things are seen for the first time in life :D , well i was talking about the siggy thing you said vish ! not the site thing.. thanks for telling the truth gaurav :)

shantanu
yaar truth is always karwaa.:sad:

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
was it karwa .. i thought.. well leave it.. as i am changing the site, it doesnt matter you say it whatever.. :D , thank god you didnt see my old site... or else you would have vommited.. (truth : this site was made in 30hrs. :D) (so how good it can be)

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
shantanu said:
was it karwa .. i thought.. well leave it.. as i am changing the site, it doesnt matter you say it whatever.. :D , thank god you didnt see my old site... or else you would have vommited.. (truth : this site was made in 30hrs. :D) (so how good it can be)
karwaa is a opposite of meetha :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
get urself a content manager like wordpress or download some template and work on it ;)

din

Tribal Boy
I agree with iMav. If you like, go for wordpress. And some nice theme. It will be simple and attractive.

Another thing is, as far as possible, avoid using Front Page. This has nothing to do with win-lin or MS fight, but FP really sux as it add hell lot of unwanted codes in your html page and making it heavy. Neat code will make it load fast and it will look nice in all browsers.

If you prefer not to use wordpress, make some simple site using any other HTML editor. Also for images, i mean the links, use some other image editor (not sure which you used as the letters in links looks broken / edge messed up).

Also, it is better to make some basic pages and then continue updating the site every day than making it in one stretch.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
i thinks shantanu

first think of ur target audinece

and make on basic of that

if ur targetting just funa dn time pass then ur site is too gud

and if ur targeting traffic and earning make a decent one daily upated with some informative contents
and something else...

i dont know too much as i m not an expert

my site is still under construction coz i forgot who is my target audience

Actually messed up in work
so rarely update blog...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Some suggestions...
1. Punch line of your website is out of webpage when viewed in Firefox and Opera Browser. It works good only in IE. You need to work on this and make it more compatible.
2. "Search" box is given more importance by placing in middle of Header. I suggest make it Right aligned.
3. Radius out /Chamfer edges of "Computer Next background images like those for tab buttons. It makes the look more uniform.

Otherwise site is pretty good. Congrats!

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
thanks to you guys for the suggestions, will work on them :)

piyush, its just beta and under construction, so i wanted to know about the layout, that it should not be heavy on Internet resources :)

will ut up the whole site in a couple of days .. and will work on the layout you guys said..

EDIT : now see it plz... and please :) if possible give me e screenshot in firefox and opera, i just installed opera and the site is working fine for me :(

so plz help me guys make out where it is not displayed correctly :D

thanks

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
one word:
"Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on a Web page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web, when you had very little chance of reading a document written on another computer, another word processor, or another network."
-- Tim Berners-Lee in Technology Review, July 1996
*www.anybrowser.org/campaign/
viewable with any browser campaign :)

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
guys .. i chose to go with WP , thanks to choto_cheeta, Gigacore, utsav ,Cyrus for hosting and VG for helping.. now i am writing content.. the site isnt published yet.. but plz check out the beta and suggest what is missing.. ? about the theme and other things... ?

thanks

shantanu
EDIT : lool forgot to place the link :D
*thecomputernext.com/blog

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom