Making a new website ! Help and suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
the header takes way too much space, content is pushed down.

Thats kinda bad for lazy surfers

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah that will be taken care of.. :) leaving that ? should i change the theme ?

guys please respond, you are the ones who can help me i getting a good blog.. else i am a dumbo in blogging :D

Last edited:

sreenidhi88

Journeyman
font size is too small man.very difficult to read lengthy posts.
although i have used dark background in my blog,one thing i observe in any popular site is white is the default background color.:)
in the beginning even i thought of building using html,but then the update process was taking very long time.and building cool themes like one you get in wordpress themes takes lot of time for beginners,moreover you can customize wordpress themes to your needs.so wordpress is highly recommended for starters like me:D

offtopic:i need to display number of posts in particular category under category section.
how do i do it?? ex computer(21)...:confused:

we should have sticky thread for reviewing websites of forum members,like one they have in x10hosting forums:-|

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^And what will you for SEO then?
Also flash programming is expensive.....it not like you open your editor and,write 25 lines of codes and it works!

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
@ *thecomputernext.com/blog/

When Page opened, 60% of page has no content just a windows logo (not that I mind that :D )...
What I mean is Its such a drag to scroll down to read content. In Sidebar "Catagories" section is too much at bottom.. IMO its better to place that just below That [Home/About/Revie..]
Search Box (with windows logo) is taking too much precious Page Space.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Just a few points ....

1. Existing theme is bad (actually it sucks!).
  2. The theme is dull (grey always is dull) and has an overdose of vista logo.
  3. Avoid flash for various reasons ...
    • Is b/w hungry
    • Search engine unfriendly (although that will change soon)
    • Some ppl use flash blockers. Isn't it?
  4. There are plenty of good free themes for WP. Spend some time searching.

If no ready-made theme works and you are willing to SPEND look for some professionals.

If you like some existing theme and you want CSS manipulation, you can send a PM to me.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The poor guy has been hunting for a theme since quite a long time. He hasn't come across a single theme that he likes.

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
:D , thanks guys.. Gigacore is helping me a lot in this.. but after everything 90% guys say the theme sucks :p , am searching for the themes :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Lol....he is much more pro than me.
Guess there are some good links for best wordpress themes in google search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom