Mac4Lin Project hosted on Sourceforge.net

Should Mac4Lin be applied as artwork to Sabayon?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some other recommendation(put it in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

praka123

left this forum longback
Yeah Prakash, its there.

Volunteering for Mac4Lin? :)
Sry at this time :)
but I tried mac4lin just now.everything works OK.I am not at all familiar with docks.still installed awn from repository.I dont need to enable any external repo.I think cannonical commerical repo will be where awn is available?

the only problem I really face is firefox font issue-the fonts looks ugly.
I think this problem is faced by @imav also that time :D
I think the problem will be the /etc/fonts/alias,mis,ms-fonts etc files that was extracted into.I am no expert fonts(defoma) hinding thing :D
and this problem especially happens to nvidia card owners.

will reply if any solution is found(like NOT using those defoma hints :p )

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
So, I finally used Mac4lin on Ubuntu.Am a lazy sloth to download anything.So just got it from this month's LFY CD.! :p
Must say, It looks very nice and pretty.But there's one small problem.I can't have transparent panels now.Here's a screenie to explain better:
*img84.imageshack.us/img84/8488/screenshotdh5.th.png
As you can see, only the part of panel is transparent.Any idea why this happens.?

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
So, I finally used Mac4lin on Ubuntu.Am a lazy sloth to download anything.So just got it from this month's LFY CD.! :p
Must say, It looks very nice and pretty.But there's one small problem.I can't have transparent panels now.Here's a screenie to explain better:
*img84.imageshack.us/img84/8488/screenshotdh5.th.png
As you can see, only the part of panel is transparent.Any idea why this happens.?
Natively the latest version of Mac4lin doesn't support transparency in panels. This is to keep the interface consistent (since it also bundles a theme for MacMenu hack).

To enable panel transparecy you need to install compiz settings manager and make the top panel transparent as reqd.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^You mean to say previous versions did?
Besides, hows it possible for a gtk theme to make a transparent panel?
That's the job of a compositor if i aint mistaken.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Yes with upto 0.3 you could use the Transparency option in the Panel properties to make it fully translucent. But with ver. 0.4 the ability to make it fully transparent is not available.

Sabr karo bhaiyya. Just done with the icon theme :)
need any help ?

I remember mehul telling me of this commandline image editor which can do the same action on a number of files. I hope you remember to use it to resize all icons to the same frame, so that the Terminal Bug does not reappear :p

if you give me your icons, I can try repackaging them for KDE.

In the cases where there are a multiple of icons for the same perpose, how about asking here and in your website which is better by a debate and/or a poll ?

Last time, you made icons for almost every program. How about adding icons for other stuff like gconf-editor (which has no icons. anywhere. period.) ?

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I hope you remember to use it to resize all icons to the same frame, so that the Terminal Bug does not reappear :p
Done :)

if you give me your icons, I can try repackaging them for KDE.
No use without a KDE theme.

In the cases where there are a multiple of icons for the same perpose, how about asking here and in your website which is better by a debate and/or a poll ?
No multiple icons. Don't worry :)

Last time, you made icons for almost every program. How about adding icons for other stuff like gconf-editor (which has no icons. anywhere. period.) ?
All icons are there. (btw, gconf-editor and even the remotest program you'd heard also had an icon in the last release :) Same is the case this time).

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
In can be Get some sort of Integrated installer with GUI?

Since its for noobs, so it should One-click and install

Whatever!
process or Method does not matter, just want mac4lin to be more user friendly
why don't you help do it then ? :p

Just create an install.sh text file with the copy command which places each file in the place it is supposed to be in ? Beleive me. The number of files is so high, you will surely suicide while you are half way through writing the script.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
why don't you help do it then ? :p

Just create an install.sh text file with the copy command which places each file in the place it is supposed to be in ? Beleive me. The number of files is so high, you will surely suicide while you are half way through writing the script.
My exams are go, so i can't
lets see after they finish.

@regarding the suicide part, buddy someone has to do the dirty job. ;)

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
regarding shell script i can do the dirty job.i'm free now:p

only if infra could give me the packaged mac4lin as he will release it.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@infra_red_dude, then how about instructions to get a mac terminal ?

like green text, partial transparency(???), etc ?
You need instructions for that? Chalo theek hai.. will include it this time :)

process or Method does not matter, just want mac4lin to be more user friendly
The next version (soon to be released) would be much more user friendly to install. I guarantee that :)

This poor chap has already done that! Automated installer for the soon-to-be-released version of Mac4Lin in the form of a shell script :)

regarding shell script i can do the dirty job.i'm free now:p

only if infra could give me the packaged mac4lin as he will release it.
Damnit! If only I'd found you earlier! Actually QWERTY had done a small gui in pygtk. That thing met its pre-mature end! I guess I will ask QWERTY to work on it again for future releases :)

Aur is bar top bar transparent hona chahiye bhai :D
Not possible, boss :( You gotta use Compiz for that. That is one thing where prolly I need to do a lot of research to enable it yet not break the whole package.

Top Bottom