Mac4Lin Project hosted on Sourceforge.net

Should Mac4Lin be applied as artwork to Sabayon?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some other recommendation(put it in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Mac4Lin is back!

This is the version 1.0 Release Candidate. Some components are still under development. Currently the shell script is not able to set the GDM theme, cursor theme, sounds, emerald theme. They need to be manually set.

Also components like Firefox3, Thunderbird theme, awn theme/plugins etc. are still under development. The Mozilla themes may not be stable. Hence use the non-core components of Mac4Lin at your own risk. Documentation is still in the pipeline. I decided to release the RC anyway so that patrons can start using it and update to the stable version when development is complete.

Whats new: Mac4Lin v1.0 RC - 9th September, 2008

New! Automated Installer in the form of a shell script
New GDM theme
Supports the newest version of GNOME and Xfce
New Mozilla themes specifically built for Mac4Lin
Adium style AWN status icons for Pidgin
Mac style scrollbars, menus
Other tweaks in GTK theme
Adium sounds for Pidgin
New usplash

Keeping up the tradition I'm including the download stats. SF.net alone has served about 10.4TB as on today! I'm also happy to announce that Mac4Lin was one of the winners of FOSS Awards 2008.

Instructions:

Download the Mac4Lin_v1.0_RC.tar.gz archive to any folder. Extract the archive and run Mac4Lin_Install_v1.0_RC.sh file.

For any suggestions/comments/complaints/feedback/bug tracking please drop by my blog or send a mail:

My Blog: Phoenix
My E-Mail id: infra_red_dude<A.T>users<D.O.T>sourceforge<D.O.T>net
Project Website: SourceForge.net: Mac4Lin

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
The main Mac4Lin sourceforge.net has been updated with new themes. These themes fix the "Engine Error" in the newest version of GNOME. The pack includes an updated installation script which does not attempt to set the GDM theme autmatically. Also, a user contributed Mac4Lin uninstall script is now included in the pack.

The main Mac4Lin sourceforge.net has been updated with new themes. These themes fix the "Engine Error" in the newest version of GNOME. The pack includes an updated installation script which does not attempt to set the GDM theme autmatically. Also, a user contributed Mac4Lin uninstall script is now included in the pack.
Cool. Will check it on. Hope this will also *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/42a.gif

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Huh.. We want KDE 4 port to :p Well great going Ani .. You and Mac4Lin mention in Linux Magazine *www.linux-magazine.com/issues/2009/98/projects_on_the_move :D

Oops already mentioned in your blog :F

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I'm happy to inform you all that Mac4Lin now uses the SVN version control system. The latest version Mac4Lin v1.0 RC2 is available there. Users may checkout to download the bleeding edge version.

The required info is provided here:

Subversion Server: *mac4lin.svn.sourceforge.net

Path to Repository: /svnroot/mac4lin

Access instructions:

To access a Subversion repository, configure your Subversion client as follows:

* Hostname: mac4lin.svn.sourceforge.net
* Port: 443
* Protocol: HTTPS
* Repository Path: /svnroot/mac4lin

For clients that use a URL string:

*mac4lin.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mac4lin

Mac4Lin v1.0RC2 has not been released and hence is not available on the Downloads page. It can only be obtained through SVN. Comments, suggestions, complaints are welcome as always :)

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Dude complaints
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever
Ya definitely give suggestion if there's any :D

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
For those of you who do not know about subversion, this post on my blog should explain stuff and also help you pull Mac4Lin v1.0 RC2 files from SVN.

anurag_bhd

May the Force be with you
Very nice work, Anirudh. Mac4lin looks good and the documentation has been very well written.

Do we have RPM packages for it around. In any case, it would be fun packaging and distributing mac4lin as rpms. Maybe I should talk about this to Team Granular. :)

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@anurag
I'm clueless about RPM packaging. If you can do it, then go ahead. I'd be more than happy to give you all the support :) The documentation is still raw. Needs quite some corrections and polishing.

@shashwat
Coz I do not know how to use GIT :))

anurag_bhd

May the Force be with you
@anurag
I'm clueless about RPM packaging. If you can do it, then go ahead. I'd be more than happy to give you all the support :) The documentation is still raw. Needs quite some corrections and polishing.

Anirudh,

I am currently in talks with my team on packaging mac4lin as rpm. And thanks for offering support for this purpose. I'll surely remember to bug you whenever I need help. :D

More updates later. :)

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Mac4Lin SVN was down for sometime. Its up again now. I've restructured the whole package and updated some files. Kindly sync your copy again :)

srbharadwaj

Broken In
HELP!!!!

I used this theame for the first time..followed the instruction as given in the pdf...evrything worked perfectly but.....
1: the top panel is suddenly looking ugly with a white patch in the middle of the panel
2: when i right click on the panel only 2 options comes up 'help' and 'properties' other options like 'add panel' and all are gone....

HELP!!!!

Top Bottom