Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
It's just 7%. But, It was during night time. I just wonder if it's normal to lose nearly a percent of battery per hour in stand by.

I don't have angry birds installed.

Yes, its perfectly normal. Why do you think its not ?
I never heed to the manufacturer standby ratings - I suppose you have connected your phone to gmail/fb accounts on mail/My hub. That explains the battery drain (in part becuase gmail doesnt have push email on WP :|)

reniarahim1

Youngling
Guys, vote for Lumia 520 against Nexus 4 in Gsmarena smartphone Champions. Its going neck on neck with Nexus 4

Smartphone Champions League, Matchday 2 - GSMArena Blog

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Guys, vote for Lumia 520 against Nexus 4 in Gsmarena smartphone Champions. Its going neck on neck with Nexus 4

Smartphone Champions League, Matchday 2 - GSMArena Blog

I would've but that whole concept is dead stupid. I cant even see an ounce of logic in the pairings :|

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Can someone help me i can't understand how to stream my mobile data connection to PC wifi router via wifi ? I know there is an internet sharing option i have to enable it but what data do i have to input ? I cannot setup internet sharing.I use Reliance 3G if that matters.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Can someone help me i can't understand how to stream my mobile data connection to PC wifi router via wifi ? I know there is an internet sharing option i have to enable it but what data do i have to input ? I cannot setup internet sharing.I use Reliance 3G if that matters.

I dont think you can connect your router to it. When in sharing mode, your phone acts as the router, IIRC, you can only connect a feeder device to it, not another router (but I have little knowledge of these things, so I could be wrong)

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
I dont think you can connect your router to it. When in sharing mode, your phone acts as the router, IIRC, you can only connect a feeder device to it, not another router (but I have little knowledge of these things, so I could be wrong)

So how can i share my 3G mobile data with my PC ?

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Can you recommend any decent one for under 500rs ?

Can you recommend any decent one for under 500rs ?
TP-LINK 150 Mbps TL-WN721N Wireless N - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com
Will this serve my needs ?

This will do just fine. Actually the difference in these adapters as far as i know pertains to the strength of picking up wifi signals. Since you will be using your phone as hotspot (which will be close to your desktop) any wireless adapter will work fine since it will have almost full signal strength due to proximity. I am using an el cheapo one- Edup mini wireless which i got for 300 bucks from ebay. Good at picking up signals when router is 1 room away. 2 Rooms away and it frequently disconnects.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

What exact problem are you facing ?

I have a feeling that what you said is wrong, but haven't tried so can't say. Still, I feel it can be done.

Top Bottom