Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters

Shah

Cyborg Agent
400MBish I think. I remember thinking it back when I upgraded, cant quite be sure now though.

Then, I'll have to renew my internet pack before updating. Thanks, Anyway.

Any client for Blogger blogs?

EDIT: GDR3 is a little less than 40 MB. Installing it now. :)

Last edited:

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys! Been out of sync for quite some time now...

What's new for 520? I see that you can get GDR3. Is the new update worth the extra effort or should I wait for the official update? When's the official update expected? To those who have updated to GDR3, you guys facing any problems?

Shah

Cyborg Agent

What's new for 520? I see that you can get GDR3. Is the new update worth the extra effort or should I wait for the official update? When's the official update expected? To those who have updated to GDR3, you guys facing any problems?

I just updated to GDR3. Will post my opinion after a few days. :)

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Nope, no problems faced yet.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I'm getting only 7 hours or less battery backup with data on and no background tasks. Is it normal?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I'm getting only 7 hours or less battery backup with data on and no background tasks. Is it normal?

No. Without data on I get about 1.5 days (with moderately heavy SMS usage)
Use data sense to see if anything is consuming data extensively ?

Nokia camera now available for all Lumias
*www.wpcentral.com/camera-beta-app-released-all-lumia-windows-phones

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Guys, my sis has 520, and it hangs sometimes. Not usually, but yeah. Most of the time, that occurs during picking up a call. And the only solution is restart.

My question is, has smoothness improved in GDR3 update ?

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Lost my Nexus 4 and got a Lumia 520 (budget reasons) - 7.3K from Flipkart.
The transition is awkward still, seems multi tasking is not Win Mob's forte.
I like the new UI (something different now) - smooth, sound is better. Will explore more and update.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Guys, my sis has 520, and it hangs sometimes. Not usually, but yeah. Most of that occurs during picking up a call. And the only solution is restart.

Another update just came out a few days ago, for those on GDR3 preview. That one improves the responsiveness a bit more, if people are to be believed.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Another update just came out a few days ago, for those on GDR3 preview. That one improves the responsiveness a bit more, if people are to be believed.

Just got that yesterday. Cant comment since i havent had any issues on GDR3 yet.

Guys, my sis has 520, and it hangs sometimes. Not usually, but yeah. Most of that occurs during picking up a call. And the only solution is restart.

I dont know if its prevalent - I remember seeing some 4-5 hangs (I guess) but it was a long time ago now Mostly it was on GDR2 i think. Never had any major issues since, except the rare occasion when opening the toast notification for SMS brings me back to the homescreen after trying unsuccessfully to open the message for 3-4 seconds. I guess thats because of the huge number of mesages I have in my SMS threads (6k+ possibly)

sunil.001

Broken In
Yesterday, I've updated my phone to GDR3 preview (Only 40 MB file). Using App switcher and screen lock feature now.
Extras+Info still show Lumia Amber :-?

Yes, I've also observed the same. Maybe battery consumption has decreased (its Day 1 observation).

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Yesterday, I've updated my phone to GDR3 preview (Only 40 MB file). Using App switcher and screen lock feature now.
Extras+Info still show Lumia Amber :-?

Yes, I've also observed the same. Maybe battery consumption has decreased (its Day 1 observation).

GDR series from from MS and is the OS part alone.
Amber refers to the firmware edition which comes from Nokia. Thats why you see it being still Amber.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

OK buddy. Will update, thanks. :)

I dont know if its prevalent - I remember seeing some 4-5 hangs (I guess) but it was a long time ago now Mostly it was on GDR2 i think. Never had any major issues since, except the rare occasion when opening the toast notification for SMS brings me back to the homescreen after trying unsuccessfully to open the message for 3-4 seconds. I guess thats because of the huge number of mesages I have in my SMS threads (6k+ possibly)

OK, thanks for the info. :)

btw, isn't GDR2 update OTA ?

Shah

Cyborg Agent
7% battery drain in 8 hours with no data, no screen ontime, no background tasks. Seriously, It's something I have to worry about.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
7% battery drain in 8 hours with no data, no screen ontime, no background tasks. Seriously, It's something I have to worry about.

You mean 70% ?

Either a misbehaving app (Do you have Angry birds ?) or the weird battery bug - restart the phone once. That should help.

batman

Broken In
Have a query regarding Nokia Mix Radio service. Is it only available in devices purchased from India?. My L520 is purchased from outside India and i am not able to use the service even though i registered with my microsoft id..

Shah

Cyborg Agent
You mean 70% ?

Either a misbehaving app (Do you have Angry birds ?) or the weird battery bug - restart the phone once. That should help.

It's just 7%. But, It was during night time. I just wonder if it's normal to lose nearly a percent of battery per hour in stand by.

I don't have angry birds installed.

Top Bottom