Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters
OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
So, can Whatsapp be backed up offline or on cloud now?

I need to swap sdcard from Lumia 520, but last time I tried it I lost the history and my dad was mad about it for days.
As far as i can tell, it is getting stored in SD card alone as messages.db in the below path.

1.*i.imgur.com/Di6RFaU.jpg
2.*i.imgur.com/aRwxqyW.jpg

Take a backup from L520, paste it in the same path in another Lumia and check whether it's recognizing or not.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Right, like I have multiple Lumias to play with. Somebody please take a risk, and try it. :p

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Right, like I have multiple Lumias to play with. Somebody please take a risk, and try it. :p

It does work. I had once reset my phone and after installing and logging into whatsapp, it automatically restored all my messages from SD card.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It does work. I had once reset my phone and after installing and logging into whatsapp, it automatically restored all my messages from SD card.
That's not how I would do things though. In your case, you didn't swap your memory card. In case of Lumia, apparently security is too high, so even if I make exact replica of data in another card, Lumia will fall to load files and apps from it.

Top Bottom