Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters

sunil.001

Broken In
VLC says there's a limitation imposed by the guidelines of WP, in releasing the player. If Moliplayer can create an app for videos, why can't VLC?
I've tried Moliplayer (trail version).... I had some problem with audio (out of sync audio) while playing 720p MKV movie files but they are continuously improving (kudos to the developer). Maybe vlc is trying to get all things right before launching

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
File Manager coming to Windows Phone : My Nokia Blog

:hyper:

Interesting. So how will the windows fanboys defend this decision as they previously used to say Windows phone is more secure due to lack of file manager and file manager is outdated concept :p

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
File manager is a useful concept, but not essential. Btw, you must read the update too. It was reverted withing hours.

The issue with WP is not the lack of a file manager, its apps not being allowed rudimentary access to files, even user files at times.
That being said, AFAIK, the filesystem you see on a WP phone is fake in the sense that even though it appears just like another folder on your PC, it isnt. It seems to use a series of complex symlinks to 'allocate' space - space that appears to be regular directories, but arent. Maybe thats the reason why apps cnnot be allowed to access all files. Just speculating.

raj_in

In the zone
guys have a little problem
my phone fell from about 2-3ft
after that the last two days i have had 6-7 restarts/auto offs

any solutions?

should i do a soft reset?
will all the data & apps be lost via a soft rest...?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
guys have a little problem
my phone fell from about 2-3ft
after that the last two days i have had 6-7 restarts/auto offs

any solutions?

should i do a soft reset?
will all the data & apps be lost via a soft rest...?

soft reset will not delete your data or apps

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Thinking of getting a new phone for my dad. His only needs are a good screen, call quality and reliability. Is the 520 a good choice?

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Behold, bretherens!! Whatsapp heard our plea..

WhatsApp for Windows Phone 8 to get video saving and video attaching features | WinBeta

:mrgreen:

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
And finally, after sticking to only basic Nokia mobiles, 1100 and then 1280 (very recently), I jumped into the bandwagon of Smartphonists, ordering a Nokia Lumia 520 black for Rs.7049 from amazon.in. It is already in transit and I wouldn't be surprised if I get it delivered tomorrow. (amazon-fulfilled has always been fast)

Alongwith I also ordered a Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I 64GB for Rs.2699 that is also in transit.

Well, I think once I receive the phone, I should visit BSNL Customer Care Center and get a USIM 256k, in-lieu of the present miniSim. I see this BSNL Revised 256K SIM Card Charges for New Activation and Replacement | BSNL TeleServices on the net.

Any ideas on how to go about with the 520 in hand?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
And finally, after sticking to only basic Nokia mobiles, 1100 and then 1280 (very recently), I jumped into the bandwagon of Smartphonists, ordering a Nokia Lumia 520 black for Rs.7049 from amazon.in. It is already in transit and I wouldn't be surprised if I get it delivered tomorrow. (amazon-fulfilled has always been fast)

Alongwith I also ordered a Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I 64GB for Rs.2699 that is also in transit.

Well, I think once I receive the phone, I should visit BSNL Customer Care Center and get a USIM 256k, in-lieu of the present miniSim. I see this BSNL Revised 256K SIM Card Charges for New Activation and Replacement | BSNL TeleServices on the net.

Any ideas on how to go about with the 520 in hand?

congrats. that's is a good price for that phone.;)

Shah

Cyborg Agent
BTW, How big is the GDR3 update? I'm a bit low in bandwidth. Amber update already took 212 MB.

Top Bottom