loud sound from cabinet

rst

Youngling
Recently whenever I start my computer, a loud murmuring sound is generated and after sometimes it disappears. What is the matter? plz help:|

Fan. Either the CPU fan or SMPS fan or system fan.

Used to happen on my old PC.

Never bothered to check which fan caused it though. Bcoz it was branded PC AKA it sucked obviously.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Even I sometimes hear that sort of murmuring sound. But that's not from inside of cabinet but is from my UPS.
It sounds say for around a minute or two and then stops. If this is your case, then you neednot worry. Its fine.
To confirm the sound is from UPS or not, power your PC directly from mains and see if the sound still exists.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Need to know the exact source of the sound.
Open up the chassis and find out the source of the sound.

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
1. I powered the PC directly from mains but there was no change
2. On opening the cabinet , I found that the sound was sound coming from psu.
Is it OK ??

tkin

Back to school!!
1. I powered the PC directly from mains but there was no change
2. On opening the cabinet , I found that the sound was sound coming from psu.
Is it OK ??
A. PSU fan is dying.
B. Capacitor whine, in any case rma the PSU(i.e claim warranty).

What psu do you have? You can use a flashlight to see he something is coming in contact with the psu fan. If its out of warrenty, you may yourself open it up and fix any such wires or rma it if it's under warrenty. But if there's nothing coming in contact with the fan then it might be a dying fan or whining capacitor. You can try to rotate the fan manually while its powered off to see if its the fan that's making the noise, else insert something like a pencile into the fan to stop it from rotating and then power on the pc, if any capacitor is broken, the noise would still come.

gameranand

Living to Play
Do you have an APC UPS?

Damn it makes a lot of noise doesn't it. Good thing I use Headphones.

Sometimes if there is a loose screw of the fan then also it makes noise. In your case its the problem with your PSU, RMA if warranty is still or change it. :)

tkin

Back to school!!
Damn it makes a lot of noise doesn't it. Good thing I use Headphones.

Sometimes if there is a loose screw of the fan then also it makes noise. In your case its the problem with your PSU, RMA if warranty is still or change it. :)
A terrible whine while its charging, I can't stand it, good thing that the build quality and spike protection is great :facepalm:

gameranand

Living to Play
A terrible whine while its charging, I can't stand it, good thing that the build quality and spike protection is great :facepalm:

I read somewhere that APC comes with Auto Shutdown Software and I know that APC doesn't give software in India but can I use that software by downloading it ??

Top Bottom