Logitech Z623 Unboxing

noob

Cyborg Agent
that is a beauty u got der man!! congratz

all sub 2-3K speakers are not worth buying..gone are the good old days when Speakers like Creative SBS 370 used to provide excellent sound quality..i got it back in 2002 for 1450/- and used it till today....sound quality was mind blowing...recently it went kaput.....

I cant buy 5.1 system because of my room acoustics and filled up bedroom...will prefer to listen a top notch 2.1 sound quality than listening to avg 5.1 sound.

I have few questions...it says THX certified..what are the advantages of buying a THX certified system ?

Do i need a game with THX sound certification to enjoy the sound to the best ..what about movies and esp songs ? A friend of mine says that to truly enjoy THX sound , you need THX certified sound card and THX source ( thx games,movies with thx sound) .etc..he says normal mp3 playback wont be benefited from THX certification..

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
^ I didn't dig in too much into the THX stuff. Even if I did I don't remember much.
I vaguely remember it means that the sound is reproduced true to the source accurately (how it was recorded). It might need a thx soundcard etc but it sounds pretty good without it too and on mp3 players also.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Thanks..are you still using the same ? was it packed properly by flipkart? it should be heavy and we all know how the Courier guys handle stuffs these days.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Thanks..are you still using the same ? was it packed properly by flipkart? it should be heavy and we all know how the Courier guys handle stuffs these days.

It was packed well. You can see it in the pics above. That is how I received it and did a step by step unboxing.

Flipkart runs their own courier service + They have a 30day replacement guarentee (free) : So both together mean that you can be assured of a good product [Also I used the 3month "interest free" EMI to buy this, too sweet a deal]

@rajnusker @Skud @red dragon : Thanks guys :)

@noob: If you are looking for an awesome 2.1 setup you can't go wrong with this set. Its so good that I have stopped using my Sennheiser CX 180 & Brainwavz M1 IEMs and the SS Siberia headset. They sound so lame in front of this. I never knew the tracks I listened to could sound so much better by just having better speakers. For around 7.5k I don't see any competitors around this.

noob

Cyborg Agent
wow..thanks man.....
I have creative x-fi USB sound card and also the intel mobo in siggy has on-board sound..which one should i use ?

My old creative SBS 370 sounded gr8 when paired with creative USB x-fi card....

keep your sub on the ground. the current position is not at ideal setup

subwoofer is omnidirectional , so it wont matter...

wraj

Random Scribbler !
Guess it can be a worthy successor of Altec MX5021 (now discontinued) when it comes to sound quality at this price. I've been missing MX5021 days when it topped nearly all the reviews. Z623 can be a gap filler at least. Good purchase bro !!! Even I've been eyeing this model over Flipkart.

d3p

PowerHouse
@Sarath: Quite late to join the party, but not so much indeed.

Congrats for the purchase & enjoy the Games & Movies [no luck for songs].

BTW, i hope your next upgrade will be a decent Sound Card & if it is, then grab a Xonar DX.

See my siggy, u may find the elder brother of Z623 also.

Vamsi.mrs6

Broken In
~I received my Logitech Z623 2.1 channel speakers from Flipkart for Rs.7425. I received the package within 3 days of my ordering or rather 2 business days as I ordered on a holiday.

~For this price they are the best speakers money can buy and I am very happy with them. They are the best speakers I have auditioned so far and they sound "great".

~I recommend them strongly to anyone looking to buy a good speaker set, especially for music and games. For movies a 5.1 setup makes more sense.

UNBOXING:

The Package that arrived: *i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Logitech%20Z623/5c4dd675-orig.jpg
—​

After the initial outer box, there was the actual speaker set in its original box packaging:
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Logitech%20Z623/00aa2d45-orig.jpg*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Logitech%20Z623/0d141832-orig.jpg

—​

Contents of the Box:
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Logitech%20Z623/bcab4e7f-orig.jpg
As you can see, the 2 speakers are enclosed in a cardboard box first and below it you will find the massive subwoofer in another cardboard enclosure. Very well packed.

—​

The speakers and the sub:
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Logitech%20Z623/d9214b5a-orig.jpg
The built and look of the speakers are very good. Quality seems top notch.

Another pic with input/output ports shown:
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Logitech%20Z623/7846527b-orig.jpg

—​
Bundled cable: (not worth seeing) 3.5mm cable
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Logitech%20Z623/14153d70-orig.jpg 3.5mm cable
Package Contents
  • Speakers
  • 3.5 mm audio input cable
  • Speaker connector cables
  • User documentation

—​

The ports on the sub:
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Logitech%20Z623/5d0e4934-orig.jpg
From Top-down: Auxiliary Left input, Aux. Right input, 3.5mm jack, Right speaker (looks like VGA cable), Left speaker, Power cable (attached; out)

—​

After attachment:
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Logitech%20Z623/6768e347-orig.jpg

—​

The Right Speaker:
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Logitech%20Z623/d68ca56f-orig.jpg
The right speaker is pretty different from the left one.
• It has a thicker cable jutting out of it which resembled a VGA cable
• It has the (i) Power On/Off button, (ii) Volume control knob and (iii) Bass control knob
• It also has a 3.5mm audio jack in port -to connect your audio device directly to the speaker and a similar out port - to connect your headphones/earphones

—​

The Left Speaker:
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Logitech%20Z623/1c281e47-orig.jpg
Looks normal with just an auxiliary like wire attachment to the subwoofer

—​

Final Set up:
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/Logitech%20Z623/3c50b156-orig.jpg

—​

Online reviews:
Since I am not great at reviewing "Sound", I don't think I am good for the job. I will leave it to the experts.
But if you have to ask me, all I have to say is that they are- :hyper:AWESOME! :mrgreen:
They sound great be it music, youtube videos, HD movies, anime, HD home video recordings, everything you throw at it, it just sounds better than anything I have heard before.
I just absolutely love this set and don't mind having paid so much for a 2.1 set.

Review links:
Maximum PC | Logitech Speaker System Z623 Review
Logitech Speaker System Z623 Review & Rating | PCMag.com
Review: Logitech Z623 2.1 Speakers | TechCrunch

google for more...

Official website:
Speaker System Z623

Technical Specifications:
THX Multimedia Certification
200 watts (RMS)
Two 3.5 mm inputs
One pair of RCA inputs
Headphone output
Controls integrated in the right satellite—Power, Volume, and Bass controls

Big thanks to all who have helped me make this purchase, especially convince me from going from my initial budget of a humble Rs.2000, to an increase to Rs.5000 and then again tempting me to splurge upto Rs.7500 for this set :))
Journey: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/audio/142942-comnputer-speaker-2-1-inr2000.html and then *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/audio/144714-buying-advise-speaker-headphone.html and then finally this set
After audiotining the Altec Lansing V2621 @2000bucks (1.5k street price), I realised that they were not up to the mark and upped my budget. I am so glad I did. This totally pawns every other speaker set I have heard. :-D

Thanks for their contribution, to:
  • MegaMind (for that BIG push to Z623 :-D )
  • Geek-With-Lens (another big shove and also for suggesting Swan M10 and the Edifier C3)
  • desiibond
  • thetechfreak

Here are a few better looking proffesional photos ripped off from google images and other online sources:
*tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/z623.jpg?w=586&h=333*www.maximumpc.com/files/u5033/z263_b4.jpg*tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/z623_view-620x395.jpg?w=620&h=395*common8.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/23/0,1425,i=233038&sz=1,00.jpg*tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/aux.jpg?w=620&h=352
I'm impressed with your review and thinking of buying this. But I will be connecting speakers to 50 inch TV in a big living room. (Pic attached ). My doubt is can it fill the room ? U can see my listening distance is around 15 feet.
*images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/07/6671da532a7628c1431510ff2c259876.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
better go for a pair of bookshelves or floorstanders, even if used. if can spend more, then make a wiser investment in an AVR-speakers combo.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
[MENTION=317461]Vamsi.mrs6[/MENTION] this is a 4 year old thread.

Please create a new thread rather continuing on this.

Vamsi.mrs6

Broken In
I couldn't wait anymore ordered the product in ebay yesterday for 7450/-. Hope I get the product without any problems.
Tracking courier status for every hour.

Can any one tell me how much time it takes from kolkata to vijayawada in bluedart courier?

OP sold me the speakers with his single line "I stopped listening to cx180 and ....... "

Top Bottom