Live CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
:)....

Is there any way I can save my settings in Knoppix Live because each time I reboot they get reset.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Yes
K menu->Knoppix->Save knoppix configuration.You can choose what all to save and where to save it.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
@tuxfan

I was trying to triple boot with winxp,pcqlinux2005 and ubuntu.I installed ubuntu last and to my suprise ubuntu automatically detected PCQlinux 2005 and added it to the grub. Ubuntu rocks man !I think thats because its based on debain.I heared Debian Sarge does that.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Thats really fantastic man!! Now I am itching to try out ubuntu. I have 15GB free on my HD :D Will have to lay my hands on the CDs or write to some magazine to dsitribute it ;)

Satissh S

Youngling
vignesh said:
@tuxfan

I was trying to triple boot with winxp,pcqlinux2005 and ubuntu.I installed ubuntu last and to my suprise ubuntu automatically detected PCQlinux 2005 and added it to the grub. Ubuntu rocks man !I think thats because its based on debain.I heared Debian Sarge does that.
:shock: Hey! how come!! Do u hav 3 hard drives?? when i had winXP , Ubuntu in my C and D (40 each). Fedora didn't detect the /boot and / partition i created for Ubuntu.
What i did was i had 40(38162)gb for windos , an the other 20 + 20 for Fedora and Ubuntu??!! :roll:

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I have 1 harddisc only.I have a penta boot system.
1.redhat 9
2.pcq2005 linux
3.ubuntu 5.04
4.Suse 9.1
5.windows xp.

tuxfan

Technomancer
vignesh, I envy you man!! What a setup!! But I don't need to remain like that for a longer time now. I am going for a new HD soon ;) That should be 120 or 160 GB. Then I will install all possible distros :D

BTW, anyone interested in my 40GB 5400 RPM Samsung drive? It is about 18 months old ;) Changing it because I want a bigger one :mrgreen:

Satissh S

Youngling
vignesh said:
1.redhat 9
2.pcq2005 linux
3.ubuntu 5.04
4.Suse 9.1
5.windows xp.
In what order u installed it Vignesh? It sud be lik this isn't it
1. WinXP //Obvious :p
2. RedHat // Iam not sure :s
3. PCQLinux
4. Ubuntu
5. SUSE

B'coz anaconda doesn't detect my Ubuntu system
:eek:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Nononoooooooo
U r not allowed to trade in thisss forums....
Read raaabo ' s post ?
Bazaar Section has been temporarily closed due to repeated abuse of the section by dealers and frauds. We would rather not have the section, and steer clear of the illegal, and prevent our members from getting cheated!
Rules: Update to forum rules: no software product should be sold/traded here.
As it is impossible to stop people from promoting/selling Warez here, software selling has been banned from the Bazaar section. Members should only put up for sale any second-hand hardware goods for sale. In order to prevent people from setting up an online IT dealership here, sale of new products are not allowed.

hehe...
NO SELLINGGGGG

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Satissh S said:
vignesh said:
1.redhat 9
2.pcq2005 linux
3.ubuntu 5.04
4.Suse 9.1
5.windows xp.
In what order u installed it Vignesh? It sud be lik this isn't it
1. WinXP //Obvious :p
2. RedHat // Iam not sure :s
3. PCQLinux
4. Ubuntu
5. SUSE

B'coz anaconda doesn't detect my Ubuntu system

This was my order
1.winxp
2.Pcqlinux2005
3.Ubuntu
4.Redhat 9
5.suse 9.1

But I have retained Redhat 9`s boot loader.

tuxfan said:
[quote="vignesh]vignesh, I envy you man!! What a setup!! But I don't need to remain like that for a longer time now. I am going for a new HD soon Wink That should be 120 or 160 GB. Then I will install all possible distros Very Happy

BTW, anyone interested in my 40GB 5400 RPM Samsung drive? It is about 18 months old Wink Changing it because I want a bigger one Mr. Green

I have a 40 gb hardisk.All the linux distro`s share on 13Gb

tuxfan

Technomancer
Members should only put up for sale any second-hand hardware goods for sale. In order to prevent people from setting up an online IT dealership here, sale of new products are not allowed.
Am I selling any software? No.
Am I selling any NEW hardware? No.
Am I selling second-hand hardware? Yes.

Then where's the problem? :roll:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Update to forum rules: no software product should be sold/traded here.
u read that ?
Well, nnoo grudge or offence and no reportin too, jus playin

also, now vignesh has a pentaboot problem...
too many tuxes spoil the broth...

tuxfan

Technomancer
@QwertyManiac: But I am not SELLING SOFTWARE :evil: Its my old 40GB HD :roll:

@vignesh: Actually, my HD is full of my data. So I cannot have 5 distros on a 40GB. Even with only 1 distro, I feel uncomfortable and have to keep shifting, backing up, deleting files :( So to save myself from all this trouble and enjoy some more distros, I will go for a bigger HD.

Secondly, I have never tried WinXP because I never felt the need. I think I will install that too and see how it is. A biggger disk will let me install many OS at the same time and still have space for data.

Lastly, its a 5400 rpm disk. I would prefer a 7200 at least. I have 7200 rpm at my office and there is a marked difference in performance. The one at home is P4 2.4 and one at office is P4 2.0. Still the home one is slower because of Hard Disk bottleneck.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
k k k srry for those...
wats the price u offerin it at ?
also, u can go for 15000 rpm hdds for faster writing...
after all u have a good intel p4...
Also, is amd any good at linux compatiblity ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom