Let me know whether a E5200 will beat E6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@rajkumar_pb

can u plz post ur super pi score with E6600??...I will set my E5200 to the FSB and clock of E6600 and will do the super pi score....just curious hw much difference dat 2MB extra cache is gonna help u :)

btw hw long u hav to wait for ur Arctic Silver from KMD??

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@j1n M@tt

D/l Super PI now... Will fix the proccy by today night and post the scores by tomorrow or day after tomorrow.... Wanna see how ur proccy performs with E6600... :D

BTW I'll got my Artic Silver by today evening....

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hmm...lets c hw the story is going to be :) btw post the Super Pi score for 1M digits calculation, or for 19 iterations.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

Dude, got some problem with the system and i need a way to fix that:x.So it took some time to post the SuperPI score...Until then just wait...

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
The problem is fixed... Now here is the Super PI result for you j1n Matt..:-D

Unable to upload thumbnail here..Dunno whats wrong with this forum..
Here is the link for you
for 1M

*img185.imageshack.us/img185/2053/superpi1m.jpg

2M

*img18.imageshack.us/img18/5869/superpi2m.jpg

Cache Banchmark

*img19.imageshack.us/img19/8202/cachebenchmark.jpg

CPU-Details using Everest CPUID

*img19.imageshack.us/img19/5647/cpuzeverest.jpg

Post ur results too man....

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
You asked one, you get one.
-Fallout 3

No wonder a 160 Shader(800SPs) HD4870 beats the 216 Shader GTX260 in this game.

Ahh dude .. u better do some diggin before postin stuff which is seriously not true ..

FallOut 3 = modified Oblivion engine = Gamebryo , which basically uses the Speedtree and Havok physics engine, not the "still under development" GPU accelerated Havok .. lol .. Havok is used in many games, but unlike the current PhysX, its not driven by GPU. Games are yet to implement any GPU based Havok ..

And btw, the Gamebryo engine always preferred ATi cards for some reason, even in the days of Oblivion, X1950XTX wud have a serious advantage over 7900GTX's .. I'd say the engine likes the multi threaded scalability of the shaders used in the Radeon cards ...

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
The problem is fixed... Now here is the Super PI result for you j1n Matt..:-D

Unable to upload thumbnail here..Dunno whats wrong with this forum..
Here is the link for you
for 1M

*img185.imageshack.us/img185/2053/superpi1m.jpg

2M

*img18.imageshack.us/img18/5869/superpi2m.jpg

Cache Banchmark

*img19.imageshack.us/img19/8202/cachebenchmark.jpg

CPU-Details using Everest CPUID

*img19.imageshack.us/img19/5647/cpuzeverest.jpg

Post ur results too man....

Oc' that E6600 dude .. u're really missing out on some perf. As a reference, my E6600 runs at 3.20 GHz and the results are :

*www.techenclave.com/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=6589

Super PI 1M : 16.582s :cool:

Last edited:
OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
Will OC it once i get a new Aftermarket cooler. I'd prefer to go for ThermalRight Ultra 120... BTW How it performs dude?

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hey man...here is my score with E5200 downclocked to 2.4GHz and FSB 1066MHz....values r set same as E6600: 266.7 x9 , fsb : 266x4

btw...as u said imageshack thumbnail is not working here in TDF, so here are my Mediafire links:

Super Pi for 1M digits :
*www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=mymtyczzmlx&thumb=5

Super Pi for 2M digits :
*www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=9ytd8mynuzj&thumb=5

CPU-Z :
*www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=nmh6ykctpzx&thumb=5

I found dat below the actual 2.5GHz, my E5200 is unstable due to over voltage if I turn off EIST and C1E...so here I hav turned on C1E and some how managed to switch off EIST, but hav to reduce the DRAM to 667MHz :(

btw E5200 beats E6600 in 2M score and are same in 1M score :) ....and y is dat ur Super Pi not showing nanoseconds...ur results r in rounded form, no decimals r shown!!

Last edited:
OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Now thats looking weird.. How come it'll beat 2M whereas same in 1M.... Damn, i just dont get the point.. Will someone please explain me the fact..
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Well thats a bit confusing... While it manages to equal with E5200 in 1M, but why it beaten up in 2M?

Will someone explain the fact?

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
as I said E5200 is not stable below 2.5Ghz...may be it will be affecting its performance, sometimes it may hav beaten E6600 even in 1M....and as I hav kept C1E On, if v watch the cpu-z we can see it's fluctuating in clock frequency b/w 266MHz and 267Mhz

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
But thats not the answer for thw question i asked in my prev post....!!!
So what does tha extra 1MB of cache is for? I am totally confused of this...

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
I was wondering the same, E6600 hav 1MB extra and no performance boost.

btw if u not sure with my scores...I will post the screenshots with CPU-Z showing the settings of E6600.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
This doesnt mean i doubt in your scores.. I was juz wondering where does the extra 1MB gone.... Phuc! Leave it... I juz want to know what GPU you have?

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
presently I don't hav a GPU...planning to buy a HD4670 soon. now am using my old asus N6200TC as a spare card till I get my new ATI

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
presently I don't hav a GPU...planning to buy a HD4670 soon. now am using my old asus N6200TC as a spare card till I get my new ATI
HD4670 Palit SUPER 512MB GDDR3 @ 4.6k
(according to primeagbg, it's 4.3k, but let's not be too optimistic)

For a GPU, 9600GT is the bare minimum to enjoy gaming.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
I was planning to get 9600GT, but I hav to get a higher PSU too along with it. btw HD4670 beats 9600GT by a gud margin in most recent games...and for a change, let it be ATI this time, every time nVidia...wats the fun?? :D

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
9600gt is better than 4670 but 4670 doesnt need any additional pcie connector so I don't see why its compared- most probably 4670 have a serious competition in its league yet. ati 4670 which uses power from the pcie slot is compared with 9600gt which uses power from the slot AND from the 6 pin pcie. Correct comparison should be 9500gt and the ati 4670 since they are both suited for systems which have pretty low amps on +12v rail. But if compared that way, ati 4670 is much better than 9500gt. So technically ati 4670 is a 1up option for people with lower amps on +12v rail but want better performance than 9500gt.
But at the end of the day it all boils down to the actual cost in India, since we dont exactly share the same pricing "privilages" compared to other countries despite the fact in this day of age the sales volume for pc and its components has increased a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom