Right off the assembly line
Hey,
I want to buy a laptop upto 45k.
It would be my third one...
1. Compaq presario
2. dell studio

I dont want to use dell any more....
I heard a lot in negative of sony vaio.

So m really looking forward for lenovo or HP !!!!
glad if you could suggest me which one is better ???
I do not want any gaming specifications.

aroraanant

Explorer
According to me Dell and Sony are much better than Lenovo(not considering thinkpad in the league), HP,toshiba, HCL etc.
And if you want something really good then get a thinkpad

OP
M

Mayank

Right off the assembly line
edit your first post and fill up this questionnaire

1. budget=45k(max)
2. mainstream laptop
3. dislike=vaio,toshiba,hcl,acer
4. tasks=surfing,ms office, java and html coding, web designing, music at high volume and muvies
5. no prefrence in screen resolution.
6. lokking forward for HP and Lenovo
Plzzz suggest....

rider

as Kratos
1. budget=45k(max)
2. mainstream laptop
4. tasks=surfing,ms office, java and html coding, web designing, music at high volume and muvies
Plzzz suggest....

hp is the best selling brand also in terms of service and product quality and reliability. lenovo is also good brand but awful service in north india.
As per your requirement it is better to buy an ultrabook by hp envy 6.
HP Envy 6-1003TX . It is best budget ultrabook comes with pre-loaded genuine windows 7, core-i3, 4GB RAM, 2GB 7670M graphics and battery life upto 8 hours.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for his task an i3 is sufficient but an ULV i3 that doesn't even have turbo boost, i seriously doubt he'll be happy with his investment in the long term since he is selling out 45k which is no small amount.

1. budget=45k(max)
2. mainstream laptop
Plzzz suggest....

you don't need to spend 45k for those things.
Lenovo ThinkPad Edge Series E420
HP Pavilion G6-2006TX

the first one have an excellent keyboard and display but less ram and limited hard drive space. Second one uses glossy display but have more ram, more HDD & lastly a graphics card that can be used to play latest game easily. But both have around 4hr battery life.

rider

as Kratos
for his task an i3 is sufficient but an ULV i3 that doesn't even have turbo boost, i seriously doubt he'll be happy with his investment in the long term since he is selling out 45k which is no small amount.

you don't need to spend 45k for those things.
Lenovo ThinkPad Edge Series E420
HP Pavilion G6-2006TX

the first one have an excellent keyboard and display but less ram and limited hard drive space. Second one uses glossy display but have more ram, more HDD & lastly a graphics card that can be used to play latest game easily. But both have around 4hr battery life.

Yea, core-i3 has just dual core 1.4GHz but it would be okay for music, movies, java prgramming etc.
For a proper laptop hp has launched 3rd gen core-i5 in hp G6 too HP Pavilion G6 Series G6-2103TU just in 37.8k
I think the price is very reasonable included windows 7 64bit.

red dragon

Master troll
hp is the best selling brand also in terms of service and product quality and reliability.
What makes you think so?Since when hp has become reliable!?
@op,since you are not into gaming,get a Lenovo T420,it is the most reliable laptop available in India.
ASS is second to none!
I will seriously suggest you to increase your budget a bit and get it(do not compare T420 with thinkpad edge,despite sharing the thinkpad logo,the former is thousand times better!)
Do not end up buying a lousy hp Pavilion or lenovo ideapad.
If you want to try something different give Toshiba business laptops a try,they are also very good!

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^HP's hardware quality is questionable but service definitely is good. Although its heterogeneous, as my friend's dv6 laptop mobo fried and HP says its not available in India. dafuq.

I own a Lenovo Z570 ideapad. So far, nothing bad happened, and like you I am a person who uses the laptop to code/design. The only problem I had was with the OEM install, which is pretty much same for all laptops. These laptops have much more build quality compared to the other competitions(except Dell).
And if you are looking at HP, never go for their G series laptops. Trust me, you'll hate them. The Z570 has SRS powered speakers, and music is just great through it.

They are the most sold ones in my state, Kerala. 12 of my college buddies have them. No issues yet. I've completed one year btw.

The config is a factor you should decide, the Z570 is available from i3 SB to i5 IB, HD 3000 to GT 630M, and a price range of 28k to 55k(rough figures)

But the fact is, ideapads are "multimedia laptops", is heavy(literally) for office use. And when you go for office laptops, the sound becomes cheap...

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
What makes you think so?Since when hp has become reliable!?
@op,since you are not into gaming,get a Lenovo T420,it is the most reliable laptop available in India.
ASS is second to none!
I will seriously suggest you to increase your budget a bit and get it(do not compare T420 with thinkpad edge,despite sharing the thinkpad logo,the former is thousand times better!)
Do not end up buying a lousy hp Pavilion or lenovo ideapad.
If you want to try something different give Toshiba business laptops a try,they are also very good!

New hp models are reliable, one user has thinkpad and hp dv6 and he said it is as good as thinkpads in term of quality, uses laptop all the time never turn off, he knows better than us. Hater gonna hate, your image of hp laptops is old thats why you are saying lousy nowadays there is nothing like that.

^HP's hardware quality is questionable but service definitely is good. Although its heterogeneous, as my friend's dv6 laptop mobo fried and HP says its not available in India. dafuq.
It might be very old laptop. No laptop get fried until u do high OC. And if something happens hp will replace for free of cost. I don't think lenovo has some kinda accidental cover. For hadware quality I would hp laptops has the most screws to make laptop less noisy and vibrating.. more amount of metal is used in framing. I don't think compromise with hardware. Hence, hp is more reliable.

Last edited:
Guys, don't make this into a flame war. Everyone is open to post their opinion, and you should correct them, not throw flames.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
New hp models are reliable, one user has thinkpad and hp dv6 and he said it is as good as thinkpads in term of quality, uses laptop all the time never turn off, he knows better than us. Hater gonna hate, your image of hp laptops is old thats why you are saying lousy nowadays there is nothing like that.

It might be very old laptop. No laptop get fried until u do high OC. And if something happens hp will replace for free of cost. I don't think lenovo has some kinda accidental cover. For hadware quality I would hp laptops has the most screws to make laptop less noisy and vibrating.. more amount of metal is used in framing. I don't think compromise with hardware. Hence, hp is more reliable.

Lenovo is offering 1 Year Accidental Damage Protection with z580 according to their page in flipkart.
Metal doesn't mean it has better built quality than a plastic laptop.

While buying people should look for 2 things
1.Specs and built quality of the laptop
2.ASS of the manufacturer in his/her region
Nothing more.

rider

as Kratos
It's great if lenovo has started accidental cover in their laptop, till last year their was no option. And when it comes to durability and product quality metal is always better than a plastic laptop also metal made looks more rich and refined looking than a plastic laptop.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^Many laptops from Sony Viao and other manufacturers come with plastic finish they dont look bad either.Their durability is also good.
Anodised aluminium made laptops aren't bad though.

And when it comes to durability and product quality metal is always better than a plastic laptop also metal made looks more rich and refined looking than a plastic laptop.

Plastic does not mean plastic literally, and these rich looks you are referring to is the gloss you get while it is in the showroom. Plastics are durable, in the same line of that of metal bodies and are much lighter. Mine is a fiber body, and it is more "refined" looking and bright, because it's blue. Thinkpads are one of the most durable laptops out there, period.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
It might be very old laptop. No laptop get fried until u do high OC. And if something happens hp will replace for free of cost.

Its not much old, but the last model before 2nd gen came. And JFYI he didn't even knew what OC meant and neither played game, but the laptop just boiled and boiled. 2nd gen improved it drastically though.

For hadware quality I would hp laptops has the most screws to make laptop less noisy and vibrating..

What does no of screws has got to do with hardware quality. Laptop is an electronic item with only HDD (ODD if you count) as mechanical part. And its vibration is irrespective of no of screws. This comes under fitting or better called assembling which every manufacturer does more or less of same standard. Issue is quality of components used.

more amount of metal is used in framing.

:crazy:

I don't think compromise with hardware. Hence, hp is more reliable.

Your "thinking" doesn't changes HP's image or fate. Bottom line is HP was much questionable (no moar proofs are needed for that), but with the advent of 2nd gen its fine. Period.

rider

as Kratos
Its not much old, but the last model before 2nd gen came. And JFYI he didn't even knew what OC meant and neither played game, but the laptop just boiled and boiled. 2nd gen improved it drastically though.

What does no of screws has got to do with hardware quality. Laptop is an electronic item with only HDD (ODD if you count) as mechanical part. And its vibration is irrespective of no of screws. This comes under fitting or better called assembling which every manufacturer does more or less of same standard. Issue is quality of components used.

:crazy:

Your "thinking" doesn't changes HP's image or fate. Bottom line is HP was much questionable (no moar proofs are needed for that), but with the advent of 2nd gen its fine. Period.

Whats crazy about that? Metal is obviously makes the product better in build quality, dv6 is all metal made except bottom that is made of PVC and screen panel of plastic. Framing of metal are in dv6, probooks, XPS, higher range of vaio are with metal made even macbook pro.. all are metal made.

What else is in laptop for hardware, they have good quality of full keyboard, average LED screen that is bright enough, very responsive touchpad and fine speakers and a sharp HD web camera, and what do you think screws and metallic body comes in software they are also come in hardware, CPU, GPU made by manufacturers themselves, HDD is of WD/segate/toshiba whats wrong with you. :crazy:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Whats crazy about that? Metal is obviously makes the product better in build quality, dv6 is all metal made except bottom that is made of PVC and screen panel of plastic. Framing of metal are in dv6, probooks, XPS, higher range of vaio are with metal made even macbook pro.. all are metal made.

What else is in laptop for hardware, they have good quality of full keyboard, average LED screen that is bright enough, very responsive touchpad and fine speakers and a sharp HD web camera, and what do you think screws and metallic body comes in software they are also come in hardware, CPU, GPU made by manufacturers themselves, HDD is of WD/segate/toshiba whats wrong with you. :crazy:

^^Even some of the newer generation thinkpads like Thinkpad T530 use plastic
and have good built quality

Top Bottom