Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

arun_chennai

tech mighty
itisravishankar said:
I am planning to get a new gaming machine...........
I have decided upon core 2 duo e6850 and xfx 8800gt but i can't decide a motherboard.....
can anyone of u suggest a good one within 10-12k..
wud it be better to go for P35 or Nvidia 680i?

P35 is far better than nVidia 680...get ABIT P35 pro (costs around 9k)

prashantmaxsteel

I ain't Parochial !
hello guys, i hear the price of 250Gb SATA2 Seagate is around 3k in India. Does anyone know the price in Dubai?

I am buying a digi cam from there (difference of around Rs3500). So thought of buying a HDD from there as well!

Whats the cost of 250Gb SATA2 WD,Samsung(Spinpoint) models ?

Also, my present system doesnt have a sata slot. will buying a PCI SATA adapter solve the problem temporarily ?(else buying hdd sata would be futile). whats its price ?

PLZ respond as soon as possible.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
250 GB Seagate costs 2600/- in Kerala.
Samsung is 50/- more.
250 WD is cheaper than Seagate for sure.
Its better to get the HDD from here as the warranty wud be easier, as it has to run for long 5 yrs in warranty.
PCI sata cards support sata 1 only. nyways sata2 HDDs are backward compatible withsata1 ports. There is a jumper seting on HDD to change it to sata1.

joe2005

Broken In
A new site dealing with shopping deals on various items including computers electronics.and cellphones.
*www.singdeals.com/index.php?menu_sel_id=0

prashantmaxsteel

I ain't Parochial !
aravind_n20 said:
Its better to get the HDD from here as the warranty wud be easier, as it has to run for long 5 yrs in warranty.
Thnx for the valuable advice.
U mean, if anything happens to my hdd in India, its warranty repairs will be valid in UAE alone ?
Also, whats the cost of a SATA PCI adapter (any brand) ?

aravind_n20 said:
There is a jumper seting on HDD to change it to sata1.
Does all SATA 2 hdd have that jumper u mentioned. will there be a considerable performance bottleneck ?

Is the Samsung Spinpoint 320Gb available for Rs.4k ?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^^^^^^^^
there is no jumper setting for SATA type hard disk.To need to do setting in BIOS to make any hard disk master or slave.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
ravi_9793 said:
^^^^^^^^^
there is no jumper setting for SATA type hard disk.To need to do setting in BIOS to make any hard disk master or slave.

But the issue was not of master and slave but SATA I (1.5GBps) and SATA II (3GBps).

herc

Tech Junkie'
need prices of ATA hdd ..... which is the minimum new u can get these days....in Mumbai!! plz help pot...hav to go to lamington road on saturday....need some reference there....also ne good shop u can refer on lamington rd???

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@prashantmaxsteel
all sta HDDs has that jumper seting.
And the performance difference is negligible coz the real data transfer speed of a HDD will me some 60~70MBps max and 150MBps sataI is enuf for it.
But sataII 300MBps ensures that no bottleneck at some burst read or writes which is much higher speed than normal sequential reads.

Sykora

I see right through you.
Can someone tell me if the Logitech Wave Cordless is available in India, and if so, its price?

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
sykora

Thx for the input device name.....Will look out for the device....I wanted to lay my hands on it too

Since u are from Chennai
Mail the product name to deltapage[at]gmail.com or deltapage[at]vsnl.com for price info

prashantmaxsteel

I ain't Parochial !
aravind_n20 said:
@prashantmaxsteel
all sta HDDs has that jumper seting.
And the performance difference is negligible coz the real data transfer speed of a HDD will me some 60~70MBps max and 150MBps sataI is enuf for it.
But sataII 300MBps ensures that no bottleneck at some burst read or writes which is much higher speed than normal sequential reads.

thanks a lot. :) also will my bios recognize sata1/2
(my bios is
Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
Date.02/13/03
Award BIOS Message:
BIOS-I-2M (2K030213)
)
or is there a nedd to upgrade it also ?:confused:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
prashantmaxsteel said:
thanks a lot. :) also will my bios recognize sata1/2
(my bios is
Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
Date.02/13/03
Award BIOS Message:
BIOS-I-2M (2K030213)
)
or is there a nedd to upgrade it also ?:confused:
If your motherboard support SATA..than ur SATA 1 or SATA 2 hard disk will be detected.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
ATi needs to put the new cards in range of Rs. 6000 to Rs. 9000 to gain a respectable share in India. No ATi card is below 10K and for same value nVidia offers a better card. Thats the history so far.