Laptop getting too hot!!!

Ashutosh2000

Right off the assembly line
I m using an HP laptop DV4 1133tx having core2duo, 3gb ram, 512mb nvidia 9200gm graphics card and 320gb hdd....my laptop gets heated up too fast....and the fan keeps on spinning at top speed...even if the total CPU usage is below 50......
Just after 30 minutes fan starts spinning at top speed...I tried to find out a solution by using a cooling pad but its of no use..
i was wondering if this problem is due to just 10gb free space in hard drive!!
i have two partitions C(100gb) and D(198GB)...
please help me!!!

thnx

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
The most likely problem is with the fan. If the fan is no longer working properly, there won't be enough air flowing through the computer, and the heat will not exit like it should.

Cleaning out dust, etc. from the laptop could help... does your fan makes some noise too?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
just to clear things out, amount of free space in HDD does not mean laptop getting hot. Doing heavy operations that constantly bombard HDD for data (games, AV encoding etc) heats up HDD and CPU which in turn generates heat.

choudang

Padawan
no need to format, i had that problem too. first you need to clean the fan completely. Remove the screws and use a paint brush or tooth brush. Secondly you need to clean the grill also; you will find a layer of dust particles which covering the sides grill.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
no need to format, i had that problem too. first you need to clean the fan completely. Remove the screws and use a paint brush or tooth brush. Secondly you need to clean the grill also; you will find a layer of dust particles which covering the sides grill.

Its too risky according to me.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

what if OP is not able to refit screws again? Even I dont have guts to open a laptop.

I have opened everything in my Destop including PSU.

choudang

Padawan
its not risky at all as you have a pretty exp on desktop :)

i have lenovo and its tooooo easier to perform the cleaning, all you have to unscrew the back [its only 1 of four parts], just gently pull it and you will find the fan on your right top corner. there will be three small screws, open it and unplug the fan connector .. thans all ...

Goten

Banned
I have cleaned my hp laptop.....Its is hard.....But not impossible....All u will have to do id unscrew only 26 screws.

I have done dell laptop too...I had to unscrew 15 then.

I had also done a friends hp laptop. had to unscrew 24 then and yeah it had many other issues too.

One thing.....reassembly always ends up in something not working.....for me its always the fan...for my freinds dell laptop it was the keyboard....for my friends hp laptop it was the hdd....but i fixed them all after 3-4 hours of vigorous hardwork and frustration. Also its always better to detach fan and clear the dried up coolant from the heatsink....i know its better that way.

So if u know everything basic about motherboards and devices and how they work....Then only do this....else go to nehru place and get it cleaned up for 300rs....and yeah they unscrew 26 screws but screw in only 15....:)...Thats a fact.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
patience. do the cleaning/assembling in a hurry & the result will always be same. something won't work. this is valid for desktop (unbootable) also.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well I've opened pretty much everything in my desktop including PSU. It has better airflow.

Scared to do in a lappy. How should we clean dust? Brush?

Is it safe to clean PSU fan with sligtly moistured earbud?(with water :p)

Top Bottom