lappy for 60k-65k

silverdigital

Broken In
Hi guys,

I want to buy a lappy within 1 or 2 months.
Currently i am looking at(roughly prices as of these days)
-dell xps15 (66k with 540m,1080p)
-hp dv6 6165tx (58k but with 720p and 6770)
-sony viao c series (60k with 1080p and 6630)

i want i7,
a good gfx card (like gtx540m or radeon66xx or radeon67xx series )
around 15.6"
4 gb ram
mayb a 1080p screen(really confused abt this )
mostly for gaming and programming purposes

some questions

- is 1080p screen really useful on 15.6" lappy than 720p??

- comparison of gfx cards: 6770 > 540m ~ 6630 (roughly from notebookcheck.com)
though i am not sure of nvidia vs ati battle - would be nice if someone sheds some light on it (esp from point of view of CUDA,OpenCL)

- also i would like to know how's customer support of dell vs hp vs sony. (promptness in service, esp considering those circumstances when i'll need replacement of parts) -- one needs to consider possibilities :)

my main basis for going towards a particular brand would be customer support and gfx card(as all other things are equal i guess)

thanks in adv for your replies :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The best Dell I could configure online for you @Rs.58,973.80

Specs-
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English)
2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM processor (2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz)
McAfee(R) Security Center - 30 Days Trial Version
15.6" (39.6cm) HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLife™
6GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 2GB + 1 x 4GB)
500GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability
2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M graphics with Optimus
6 Cell Primary Battery
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS
Dell™ Standard Keyboard (English)
Accessorise My Dell
Microsoft® Office Starter 2010: reduced-functionality Word & Excel w/ads. No PowerPoint or Outlook
HDMI to HDMI Cables
No Carrying Case
Protect My Dell
1-year XPS Premier Service with 1-year CompleteCover
1 Year Dell Online Backup 2GB
Also Includes
XPS L502X Direct Base
XPS-NB Handling and Insurance Charges /Express Premium
User Guide (English)
Break the seal sticker
E-star Label
ICC regulatory label
My Dell Download
Systerm Resource Media
DataSafe Local Basic
WinRE software
eBay Webslice
Windows Live Software
Adobe Reader X
driver for Intel WiDi Wireless Display
System Drivers
Free 4-week subscription to Seventymm.com
Free 6-month subscription to PHR HealthConnect
JBL 2.1 Speakers + Waves MaxxAudio® enhancement
20W peak audio performance: 2 X 4W + 12W sub-woofer
World's first camera with Hi-Definition Video Streaming with Skype (2.0MP, H.264 Camera)
9-in-1 card reader
1 x HDMI 1.4,supporting 3D output for 3D Bly Ray,3D Video Streaming and Gaming as well as 5.1 Audio
Biometric - Fast Access Facial Recognition
Waves MaxxAudio V3.0 audio enhancements
Skype Software
ICC MES Info
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
SyncUp Software
Stage Software - Zinio eMagazine
Stage Software - Remote Control
Windows® 7 Label
None
U540402IN8-Dell XPS 15 Laptop
Laptop Batteries Carry 1 Year Warranty Only From Invoice Date
Dell's Terms and Conditions apply
Technical Support
Stage Software without Media Kit - Framework, Photo, Music, Video
Product Handling
Roxio Creator Starter - Media Kit
Sensible Vision FastAccess Facial Recognition Software Media Kit
Dell Webcam Central Media Kit
Custom Partition-30% Primary/Remainder 70% Secondary
130W AC Adapter
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English) DVD Media

Customise here

and Sony VAIO link

Comparing both, Dell has a better proccy. Although if you configure to add a even better i7 on the Dell it will cost Rs.7000 more. Makes price- Rs.65000(appx) which is again in your budget.
Go for Dell I would say for now :wink:

Last edited:

Mr.V

Journeyman
hmm.......... Take the dell! it has the best service! :)
How about an alienware m11x ?(from dell)

OP
S

silverdigital

Broken In
thanks for the replies.

plz tell regarding 1080p vs 720p screen in a 15.6" lappy. How much difference will it make in gaming in programming related applications.

i would like to know the feedback from ppl using these lappy
regarding customer service too.

aroraanant

Explorer
Just add a Backlit keyboard also.
XPS is a great laptop...go for it or you can look out for Asus laptops also

sdmaverick

Journeyman
Technically, the mentioned Asus laptop is best VFM wrt performance. The Dell XPS is also a good option though.

Cheers!

powerstarprince

In the zone
i got the n55sf n the fhd screen is great.. for gaming the gt555m plays them without a hitch in mid/high settings.
the xps fhd screen is actually good for viewing photos ... at the same price the asus laptop got more better specs like powerful gpu, extra ram, blu ray player and a matte display,7200 rpm hard drive..
the sound quality is the same for both, xcept tht xps has in build bass speaker while asus gets an external sub woofer.

sdmaverick

Journeyman
go for the dell xps with FHD screen.... i would not trust asus's after sales service...

Did you have a bad experience with Asus service? If yes, could you share for the benefit of the OP & members? I own a K series laptop (K53SV i7) and so far service has been great :)

Cheers!

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
go for the dell xps with FHD screen.... i would not trust asus's after sales service...

for your information they have onsite service and i have k53sv they replaced my laptop when i found one bright dead pixel on my screen so better be sure when write something in this forum. within 60 -65k budget n55sf is the best bet you have in this budget.

full hd matte screen
gt 555m
7200 rpm hard drive
blue ray player
superb sound
hd web cam

OP
S

silverdigital

Broken In
Re: lappy for 50-52k

i am not willing to spend 60k on a high end lappy.
i think 50-52k is better and get a reasonable lappy
(i5 and all) as i gave my requirements a close thought and i5 + decent gfx card should be more than enough for reasonable gaming and programming for a couple of years

for this is am considering sony viao cb35 model (around 55k) mainly coz it has 1080p screen. though i am still not sure would 1080p on 15.6" is an overkill or not. link to sony plz tell more abt this guys
another option is xps15 with 1080p and i5 which will cost around 62k (from site) and it has better graphics card 540m (compared from notebookcheck.com) but it is a bit overbudget for me

also i am not sure about asus, acer and all

what are ur opinions ?

powerstarprince

In the zone
go for msi ge620dx ... it has i5, gt555m, 4 gb ram and blue ray player...
the one with 720p and 750gb 5400 rpm costs 53k and the one with 1080p and 7200 rpm will cost 59k

sarthak

In the zone

(i5 and all) as i gave my requirements a close thought and i5 + decent gfx card should be more than enough for reasonable gaming and programming for a couple of years

for this is am considering sony viao cb35 model (around 55k) mainly coz it has 1080p screen. though i am still not sure would 1080p on 15.6" is an overkill or not. link to sony plz tell more abt this guys
another option is xps15 with 1080p and i5 which will cost around 62k (from site) and it has better graphics card 540m (compared from notebookcheck.com) but it is a bit overbudget for me

what are ur opinions ?

CB35 is a very good option around 55k.......and yes 1080p does make a difference, especially if you are watching movies. And I would prefer it over XPS. It is alright for reasonable gaming, but consider dv6 6165tx(i7+6770m) if you wanna play more. The dv6 doesn't have fhd screen and backlit kb though.
So get dv6 for gaming and power, or cb35 for everything else.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

what are ur opinions ?

Some words from a CB35 owner-

1) i5 will be more than enough for all your programming and gaming needs.

2) The 6630M GPU won't make you bounce back from your chair, but won't even let you leave the chair!

3)1080p will not pose a single screen aspect problem in any of the programming IDE. I use turboC, Oracle 11g, Netbeans, Visual Studio 2010, and more. Believe me coming from a 720p world, 1080p is like a "visual nirvana", or more to be more specific, shifting from on board to SLI :)). Everything suddenly starts looking so beautiful, (sometimes more than your gf :p).

4) Lastly, I'm so sorry you missed the clearence sale (10%) from letsbuy. Now you will get CB35 @ 52.9k, just use LBSALE as coupon code.

Best of luck :)

Top Bottom