Killing Piracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
chaitanya2106

chaitanya2106

Banned
Forget Piracy, India has much sensitive and basic issues , that we are still dealing with .

See, you said it. piracy is not much of an issue. What kind of other issues you're talking about?

Lets assume there is a 'perfect world' where people only buy softwares and movies that they can afford. In that 'perfect world' I won't be able to buy most of the movies, albums, tv shows and games that I have on my PC right now. So the companies won't get money from me. How is that different from this 'imperfect world' where I'm pirating stuff because I can't afford it or it is not available at all?

Judge: 17,000 illegal downloads don’t equal 17,000 lost sales | Ars Technica

Remember, piracy =/= stealing.

*i53.tinypic.com/zk04d4.jpg

hahaha.... they should make cheating in exams LEGAL.

So...basically......they shouldn't price it right...but we would be made to cough up more than what people all over the world does..
seems a lot familiar like......blackmarket?
pardon me am a noob...but i dont really see the intelligence here..
and dont get me started on censoring stuff in India..

we should make it a point that we are not getting the right price. But stealing is not the way to go forward in my opinion.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
See, you said it. piracy is not much of an issue. What kind of other issues you're talking about?

There are a lot of Social , Environmental issues in India. I wont list all of them , but there are wikipedia pages about them . You dont watch a whole lot of news do you . (Don't take this sentence seriously)

Socio-economic issues in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Environmental issues in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
IMHO its about time the companies grow some balls and start pricing stuff the right way..just pushing the onus on consumers wont help them.

OP
chaitanya2106

chaitanya2106

Banned
There are a lot of Social , Environmental issues in India. I wont list all of them , but there are wikipedia pages about them . You dont watch a whole lot of news do you . (Don't take this sentence seriously)

Socio-economic issues in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You would purchase those pirated cd's available in the blackmarket. Everybody knows that many of these cd's come from pakistan. So you should have an idea of where you're money is going? How piracy is landing money in the hands of terrorist organizations? This is a technology forum, so issues would most likely be related to it. Atleast, here we can make sure that our money is not going into wrong hands.

pratyush997

Inactive
You would purchase those pirated cd's available in the blackmarket. Everybody knows that many of these cd's come from pakistan. So you should have an idea of where you're money is going? How piracy is landing money in the hands of terrorist organizations? This is a technology forum, so issues would most likely be related to it. Atleast, here we can make sure that our money is not going into wrong hands.
huh?
Piracy - CD - Pakisthan- Terrorism lulwot?

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
so...what exactly is your issues here?
piracy or the CD's "supposedly" coming from Pakistan?
coz..ya know...if you want to blame Pakistan...i know quite a few gifted programmers from Pakistan..and they work for various companies...including security software's..shouldn't you be concerned there too?

OP
chaitanya2106

chaitanya2106

Banned
so...what exactly is your issues here?
piracy or the CD's "supposedly" coming from Pakistan?
coz..ya know...if you want to blame Pakistan...i know quite a few gifted programmers from Pakistan..and they work for various companies...including security software's..shouldn't you be concerned there too?

I just gave a reply to that post since it was concerned with socio economic issues in india. When am I "blaming" pakistan? Its everybody's choice to purchase an original dvd or a pirated one. The blackmarket here in my place has cds from pakistan.

huh?
Piracy - CD - Pakisthan- Terrorism lulwot?
And your point?

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
and u have any proofs for such accusations?
anyhoo....my point still stands....companies should learn to price stuff right...Photoshop CS(latest edition) costs around 25K last time i checked...had it been 5K am sure many people would have bought it..u get my point?

OP
chaitanya2106

chaitanya2106

Banned
and u have any proofs for such accusations?
anyhoo....my point still stands....companies should learn to price stuff right...Photoshop CS(latest edition) costs around 25K last time i checked...had it been 5K am sure many people would have bought it..u get my point?

are sadaf cds based in pakistan? I think yes.
Again, if the company is at fault with its pricing , will that give you a licence to steal its stuff? I mean ,why isn't everyone trying to understand this point and atleast acknowledge that YES I STEAL & CHEAT?

raksrules

Youngling
I just gave a reply to that post since it was concerned with socio economic issues in india. When am I "blaming" pakistan? Its everybody's choice to purchase an original dvd or a pirated one. The blackmarket here in my place has cds from pakistan.

And your point?

How do you know it is from Pakistan ? Just curious.

Edit: checked your last reply. And yes Sadaf are from Pakistan.

OP
chaitanya2106

chaitanya2106

Banned
What will you get if i or someone else says this ? Does it satisfy you or you get a sense of making people realize that they are doing wrong?

Hell yeah! What is wrong with you all when you're doing wrong? hahahahahahaha I don't get it man! Can't you accept that and stop bullshitt*ng here? It's like the truth is a slap to your faces!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@OP
Pirated CD's from Pakistan - Terrorism - lol :facepalm:

If you want to stop piracy, go ahead. Be a superhero and thrash all shops who is selling those CDs. But don't expect everyone to change, when companies don't even give sh1t about Indian market.

Not everyone is rich or have money. And second thing, most of the game i pirate is either priced ridiculously or not even released in India. If a game is around 1k, i will purchase. But before getting a job, i cannot go and ask my parents to give me 1k to get a game. And sorry, i am not rich. But with whatever money i am earning i am purchasing games either from retail store or from online sites like Steam.

This topic is endless and people have their own views\reasons to pirate. I appreciate you want to change, but you cannot kill piracy. That's obvious truth.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
soo...yer trying to get some voyeuristic pleasure here? u r in the wrong neighborhood :p

unless yer ready to point the root issues moaning here wont help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom