kazaa problem->topic changed P2P queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
if u get the same games,muvies etc in ftps or http sites...try downloading from there..as u had posted that u get good speeds there...keep bit torrent as a last alternative..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
bharathbala2003 said:
hmm i tried m8.. one with about 118 seeds.. there 73 peers.. is that high enuff?? i still get max 4K!!! :(

Woahhhh some many peers and seeders and still stuck on 4k....just tell me ur upload rate as well....if its more than the download rate then the sharing for ur upload is being max utilised.....i'll try and look up for a tweak that i had seen the other day to reduce the upload rate :wink:
Also which i suppose ur using Bitcomet one which cody recommended ya but anyways just give BT's Experimental client a shot as well....i have given the link in the earlier post :p

Btw i remeber i had been downloadin Rocky IV with 6 peers and 3 Seeders @7k :?

@thegamer_rulez.....DietK or diet Kazaa is said to be another toned down version of Kazaa Media Desktop like Kazaa lite....basically it is said to have removed or disabling kazaa's spywares....get it from here www.dietk.com/download.php

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
bharathbala2003 said:
btw wats are seeds?and wat are peers?

Seeders in a Bit Torrent Obviously means the person who has completed his download fully and has the complete file and is allowing ppl like u and others to download from him....if he disconnects that is if he closes the BT clients upload box then u loose a Seeder :(

Similarly a Peer is one who is current download process and receiving various files bits of files from other peerers and seeders....:p

Here's Raven's tutorial for Bt Explained
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15654

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ok bala here's a link from its forum just try and do a research from here on *www.p2pforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=6431

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
thnx for the link m8... i read that stuff.. and ive limited the upload seed to 1KB.. rite now d/n speed is 8Kb.. avg is 6.. i guess its the max i can get in a 64K..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@bala well now what can i say for the speed stuff but i would rather never get its correct funda till date.....if the speed increases then it goes beyond imagination and if its further fluctuates and falls it would fall below one's dignity to download.....so the best thing would be to wait and pray for speed to increase....atleast thats the only thing that i have done till date in a hope to see a Boost in the download speed......Sheeeezzz and talk about getting a Decent net connection :lol:

Charley

Just Do It
thegame_rulez said:
@achaok:-whats diet k?can u give some info and ne dwd links.

Diet K : The essential companion of KaZaA which fulfills several functions: popups desactivation and blocking , billboards and spywares, optimization of internal justments of KaZaA, research improvement and loading acceleration, etc.....

*downloads.vnunet.com/download/962.html

:wink: :wink: :wink: :)

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@Bala: BT works on this simple formula that the more you upload, the faster are your downloads. You have to play with the settings to achieve the best balance between the upload and download rates to get optimim speeds. I tweaked around with the settings and still got only 15k at max. But after that file, my rates are in and around 30k. If BC is not working for you, I suggest you try what allwyn was suggesting. Sometimes another BT clientcan work wonders on the same line.

Charley

Just Do It
Ctrl alt del..... Kazaa provides the users with higher rating when u share more.... Naturally once this happens then when u download from any peer will be fast... I use kazaalite latest version , the rating is always fixed at 1000...... My downloads r pretty fast esp 4 bigger files ie. 15 mb >>

Also it varies according to the number of users with the same files ur downlaoding from.....

& I use the Diet k software for quicker downalods.

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ctel_alt_del said:
the more you upload, the faster are your downloads.

so u mean to say i shld give upload spped mo re?right now i have kept it at 1KB a sec.. is that enuff.. or shld i increase?

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
well i dunno y this is happenin.. but after startin to use cody's BC i was starting to get better d/n speeds.. abt 8-10Kb.. from 2-4.. but then my IE or Opera takes AGES to load even google.com.. i closed the BC and restarted the pc.. n now its running fine.. but then am not gettin gud browsing speeds when i use BC.. is it cos of using a P2P?

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
yup...that always happens..ur net speed goes down when ur dwd speed increases...it happens to me too..so cheers bala...8-10 KB/s..:D

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
found this while surfing around..;)
BT Engine 4.5
A powerful assistant tool for BitTorrent download. BitTorrent is the most popular way for download.But we could not connect to all BitTorrent seeds under most conditions.Which decreased the download speed. BT Engine has no download ability,but it is a professional tool set for BitTorrent download optimization.The computer optimized via BT Engine will improve its speed of connection while downloading.Meanwhile accelerate the speed to find more seeds and immediately connected to them.Generally,BT Engine can expedite speed to 100% more than usual. Besides,BT Engine is the only software that could provide disk protect function for BitTorrent download.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Same here Bala. Browsing speeds will take a nose dive once you run BC and start to download soemthing. Thats why I browse all I can and then put on BC and go to sleep. Wake up in the morning and vola, one hot serving of the file downloaded and ready to be served! :)

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
in reference to locked thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15935

plz go in for the link cody gave and get BitComet.. its a good one.. and u can download torrents at a gud speed.. i was gettin avg 4 k in shaz.. e-mule.. exeem.. now in BitComet i get avg 8-10 KB.. sumtimes if lucky u get more.. once i got 25KB on a 64KB line for 10 mins..

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
25 KB/s..?????
hmmm..not bad..i get 10-15 constant on games..sumtimes it goes to 17 for a few minutes..
but not touched 25 yet..:D
neone thx to cody for the tweak..:)

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@game its jus ONCE!!! :) wish i get it again.. i dint notice BC at all.. suddenly i jus opened and i was seeing it!! it said d/n speed was 25KB!!! i was excited and i kept it watching.. but then after 10 mins or so it came down to 8KB!! :( but also at that time there were 178 peers.. and it said max was sum 458 peers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom