kazaa problem->topic changed P2P queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well the Browsing speed is relatively linked with the amount of stress u give on the additional stuff that u do with the internet i.e surfing with multiple sites,downloading,uploading etc. so more of these processes used the more the bandwidth being consumed and the result a poor browsing speed.....so as far as possible dun try and put too much load on ur bandwidth (if on a 64k or 32k line) else ur browsing speed is surely bound to suffer :(

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Do like I do...put on the download and go to sleep! Nothing beats a lovely morning and a finished download! :)

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@ctrl i cant do that.. but then i put it on and start playin AOE.. come back n see a lot is downloaded.. i dont mind waiting a few days :wink:

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
@bharat..
its a type of download u usually get to download in warez sites..search around ..u may get it somewhere..cant say any thing more than that..btw netpumper is a download manager which supports anti leech download.

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
well a small prob.. a lille off topic.. in one of the downloads.. the sample says mpg.. but real player says it needs a s/w to play it.. and win MP not openin.. also tried DivX.. it says .mpg in extenti.. but when i dbl clck it says unknown program and file has another extension.. .mpg.bc how do i view the sample video..

[edited] guys help me na.. been more than 24 hrs since i pasted..

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ok guys got a small prob..

chck the pic below.. it says its downloaded 10 mb.. but ther has not been any change in total mb to b downloaded.. the samething happens with one more file too.. :?

*img76.exs.cx/img76/9747/bc19er.th.jpg

@cody my speeds r back to crawling :( infact i do like wat u do unow.. turn on downloads.. minimize it.. and switch off monitor..

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Oh that? Not to worry! It's one of the minor bugs in BitComet. When you start a download, sometimes it takes a little time to refresh the amount of data downloaded and data left. Also you will see that when the download is 100%complete, the amount of data that you have downloaded will be more then the file size itself!

As for slow download speeds, try BTEngine. It seems to be working great for me. When the speeds fall, I fire it up and it does give my downloads a boost. Also try changing the port.

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
yeah..bt engine helps to find mroe no. of seeds n peers for me..cant say it boosts speeds..but more no. of seeds n peers = more speeds , rite?

@bharath :- after seeing ur screensot..i can advice u one thing..sicne ur speeds are slow..try dwding just 1 thing at a time..and then tell me if u find ne difference..also..try bt engine..c if it works..last but not the least..try bit spirit..it roxx...

cya

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@cody i think ya rite.. cos one of the files it says only 26% but then if u calculate atleast half is downloaded.. so will this mean longer download time?? :(

@game no use m8.. its all da same.. jus a kb or two sumtime increases.. :(

i will try that BTEnigine.. and let u know..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
bharathbala2003 said:
well a small prob.. a lille off topic.. in one of the downloads.. the sample says mpg.. but real player says it needs a s/w to play it.. and win MP not openin.. also tried DivX.. it says .mpg in extenti.. but when i dbl clck it says unknown program and file has another extension.. .mpg.bc how do i view the sample video..
Well now this i assume u are talking about previewing the in-progress downloading video file Via bit-torrent....well in such a case u'll not be able to completely preview the file as u are just randomly taking bit and chunks of files from various seeders and leechers and hence the file is randomly distributed,so the preview may not be perfect.It May play somtimes with jitters (when the download is say at 78% or may be even more) or wont play at all until the download is fully completed :wink:

Now as for the pic query The total Downloaded refers to the Overall download of the file whereas downloaded means the amount of file that has been currently downloaded since the time u resmued it.Also after lookin at so many simultaneous downloads i bet the speed will almost lay dead for a while....Try and pause certain downloads and resume em later on and As far as possible try and download atleast one file at a time :wink: Also do remember u will not achieve constant download speeds at all time but the speeds fluctuates on various basis depending very much on the bandwidth being consumed by ur Internet Server due to sharing with other users on it :p

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
What allwyn said about the video not playing is absolutely right. And the "mpg.bc!" you are talking about is the BitComet extension.

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
guys i tried it one by one too.. but there is not much boost in speed.. max 1 or 2 kb.. so it doesn really matter.. :? but then the d/n space.. wat is the exact prob m8.. i still don understan.. like it says 1.16 gb.. i have downloaded 1gb now.. but it still says only 28% :? means ill b downloadin another 1 1/2 or 2 gbs? or will it b over by 1.16 gb??

sesi5674u

Broken In
8) 8) 8)

hi dude......ucan download kazaa lite at *www.freewareweb.com/cgi-bin/ftpsea...tu.edu.tr/pub/windows/Internet/Download/Kazaa

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@sesi i don wanna screw my sys with KL.. its like inviting troubles to my computer..the saing goes.. get kazaa u get spywares free :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
bharathbala2003 said:
@sesi i don wanna screw my sys with KL.. its like inviting troubles to my computer..the saing goes.. get kazaa u get spywares free :p

I done suppose so in my case buddy as Kazaa Media desktop had A feast of Spywares but Kazaa Lite No siree :D Atleast not Kazaa Lite K++ 2.43 version that i am using currently.Its The best P2P for me other than Bit Torrent.I Have Done a Thorough check for Virus and Other Spywares after installing Kazaa lite and happy to say none found yet :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom