kazaa problem->topic changed P2P queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
hmm.. i saw a lotta ppl raising queries bout P2P swares n Bit Torrents.. lets all make it one thread!! :D

my prob now is i was using Win 98 in C: and now i have installed XP in D:.. i was downloading a few progs in Shareaza.. now whn i log on into XP am not able to resume the downloads.. the default directories where i downloaded them remains.. but am not able to find the half downloaded torrents in the C:.. :? plz help me.. cos i have downloaded bout 115 MB new movies.. n cartoons n games.. all more than 100 mb's downloaded.. :? plz help

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well just install sharezaa on ur WinXp and then set the Destination of defualt download folder to the 98SE's Download directory.....Then possibly it might resume those downloads....Plus as for The half downloaded torrenst can be found by Just Pressing the F3 key and givin a search for the file name and then continuing the download :wink:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
bharathbala2003 said:
i downloaded sumthing called
BitTorrent-3.9.1-Beta

but after installation.. i dunno how to use it :? ther is no icon or wat so ever.. anyone knows how to use it??? plz help me.. :roll:

It has no conventional GUI. Vist www.torrentsearch.com and type in the file that you would like to look for. It will throw up some search results. CLick on the file that you would like to download. First a small file will be downloaded and then that file will open the main BT client. Its here when the actual downloading of the stuff starts. Now sitback and enjoy till your download is over. Want more control over your BT downloads? Use Azureus or BitComet.

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@ alwyn it workd... i copied the half downloaded torrents into the folder for incomplete torrents in XP.. :D then after restartin the comp it works.. :D

@ctrl_alt_del thnx for the link.. am using torrentspy.com its good too..
and i tried using azureus it said no javs installed.. so i downloaded frm the default link it gave.. but it still not working.. so using shaz. isnt it better.. :?

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@Bharatbala: I faced some problems with updating Azureus so I reverted back to BitComet and have been happy ever since. And now after a fellow BitComet user sent me his config file which I copy-pasted into my BitComet directory, I have been getting speeds of 30kBps! I am happy!

Scorpion

Journeyman
Bearshare and edonkey. What are the comments about them?
I am using none of them right now but want to spoil my PC! Shareaza and Kazaa look bad according to Balas experience and bit-torrent still in its early stages....
Whats your choice?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well if ya ask me....kazaa....kazaa lite K++ 2.43 to be much more specfic has never given me any probs in downloadin yet and it rocksssss completely.....as for Bit torrent....Its gained enough popularity to stand up on its own feet now....As for Bala's probs with Kazaa.... i aint aware which version he's using and whats probs he was facin.....Plus Bearshare and Edonkey Suck badlyyyyy they are total lamers......Edonkey's sources are nothin compared to that of kazaa and bearshare aint even in that league....plus if u wanna try it out then sure go ahead....but my choices still remain the same whatsoever anyone say or suggest.....Kazaa lite & BT 8) :wink:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I surely wont consider Bittorrent to be in its early stages. Give it a try an dyou will see the difference. Infact Bill Cohen, the writer of BT protocol is employed by Valve for making a secure delivery content sytem for Steam.

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ctrl_alt_del said:
@Bharatbala: I faced some problems with updating Azureus so I reverted back to BitComet and have been happy ever since. And now after a fellow BitComet user sent me his config file which I copy-pasted into my BitComet directory, I have been getting speeds of 30kBps! I am happy!

hmm wats ya connec speed?mins is only 64K.. can i also use this file system ur frnd gave?and if so wat will b the download speed ill get? rite now am gettin 2-4KB/s (KB only cos i set display in KB's)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@bala....a very crucial point in achieving high speeds in Bit Torrent has various factors....Like Ur Net connection speed....as u said ur is a 64k line which is mostly similar to mine u shouls get max out of 8-10Kbps download speed If on a good luck....i mean in Bit Torrent The More no.of Seeders and Peers u get during ur download the more speed u get for ur download.....if say for eg. U are downloading a Latest movie having about say 10 Seeders and 40 peers Then ur download speed can be somewhere arnd 6kbps i suppose :wink:

@ctrl_alt_del....well After the heavy leaking of source codes of Steam's HL2 in its early stages....they must do sometin about it....so whats better than the current trend BT :D

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@Bala: What Allwyn says is true. Speed on Bt depends upon the no. of peers, leechers and seeds on the BT network.

Actually I was on a 64k line but was upgraded to 128k line last month. But I think its just a cosmetic change coz my download rates have remained the same as they were when I had the 64k line, i.e. 30kBps. So I guess if you give BitComet a shot, there may be some improvement.

Without the config file, my speeds on BC were on an average of 10-15kBps but now they touch 30kBps. So I guess you can expect around 10-15kBps jump yourself. Its worth a try, nothing to loose.

If you are intrested, download and install BitComet. It is available on www.download.com . After that buzz me and I will send you the file by e-mail.

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@ctrl_alt_del downloaded that file.. can u mail me.. its bharathbala2003@gmail.com

i have a small prob.. i downloaded a file of 250 MB!! and now its not showin any file type.. in the file name it was given (ISO) so i downloaded a s/w called undisker.. but its says unknown file system plZ help me.. been waitin for a week to download this in my 64 K.. :(

swatkat

Technomancer
bharathbala2003 said:
@ctrl_alt_del downloaded that file.. can u mail me.. its bharathbala2003@gmail.com

i have a small prob.. i downloaded a file of 250 MB!! and now its not showin any file type.. in the file name it was given (ISO) so i downloaded a s/w called undisker.. but its says unknown file system plZ help me.. been waitin for a week to download this in my 64 K.. :(
u mean that file has no extension?
well...try this software to analyse the file and determine it's extension...
*mark0.net/soft-tridnet-e.html

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ya no extension.. any way i got a clue in one of its stuffs it said SFX so am downloadin sum unzipper tool for sfx files.. will update when i finish

m8 no use it cldn open it.. it only had the option of creating a self extract zip.. and the link u gave after i downloaded there wer 2 files. one with 33 kb says failed to initialize.. and the other one bout 300 kb or sumthin doesn have any exe file.. how 2 initialize

swatkat

Technomancer
SFX means Self Extracting Archive, u dont need any Unzipper for them....try renaming the file as Filename.exe and double click it....

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
done m8.. thnx.. it got extracted to a ISO image and then i had to extract the image using undisker.. then installed.. :D now workin fine :D thnx m8

atool

Journeyman
Scorpion said:
Bearshare and edonkey. What are the comments about them?
Whats your choice?

i m using bearshare and m very happy wth it..good speed and gives good results...comes with some adware which r easily removed by anti adware...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom