Joomla can be more friendly for hackers too !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
WTH ?
I was thinking of learning Joomla. Think I need to stop now. :(
I just need to figure out how to use Wikidot.com and I am a FREE MAN.

c'mmon man you should learn using it ... it is the best CMS i have used till date... i think the bug should have been fixed by now for sure...

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
WTH ?

dude the exploit was in Joomla 1.5.4 n below...patches ages ago...lolz...its safe...moreover, there are 2 versions of joomla running at the same time..Joomla 1.5.x n Joomla 1.0.x....u shud learn :p

c0mrade

Right off the assembly line
Joomla is great as long as you keep your version updated with them! Start a thread here - *forum.joomla.org/ and send them a complain ticket ;)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
WTH ?
Typical average user.

C'mon...even Linux has bugs and security holes(which you will never know until someone publishes them).

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
PS: Thankfully I had a different password set for WHM and my email :p That saved some guys who share their website in my reseller account.

Shesh that was close!:eek:, you could have taken me down as well,
Hum toh dubege Sanam, tumhe sath mein leker dubege:D
Now we seriously need to look into security aspect of websites.

Did you do a security audit of your site?
so that this never happens again

Also, please change all your passwords as a precaution;)

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^As long as you data is backed up, you shouldn't worry.

I did a clean install of wordpress 2.7. So far have been updating it regularly.

Passwords was not cracked actually. But i have changed them to something deranged out of proportions.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Now we seriously need to look into security aspect of websites.
lol...u are over-reacting :D
But I now I hope you people get why security IS important. I have seen many people ignoring the security aspect as if it does not exists. Most people say "Hey it works and that is all I want"....and then they get many more unwanted things :lol:

Did you do a security audit of your site?
Errr??? You really think T is SO RICH that he can afford to do it for the sake of few personal accounts.....dude, security audit is a BIG thing, and usually is undertaken at data-center level, not reseller or front-line level.

And with so many loosely coded scripts, its not even worth to have an security audit done! You see, one programmer's stupidity can beat the indigenious fool-proof algorithm of another :D

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
lol...u are over-reacting :D
But I now I hope you people get why security IS important. I have seen many people ignoring the security aspect as if it does not exists. Most people say "Hey it works and that is all I want"....and then they get many more unwanted things :lol:

Security is important but with added security comes inconvenience.
till now i though who would have interest in our stupid personnel blogs. hackers target big site and not us.

Things would change now!

Errr??? You really think T is SO RICH that he can afford to do it for the sake of few personal accounts.....dude, security audit is a BIG thing, and usually is undertaken at data-center level, not reseller or front-line level.

I was talking symbolically.
I didn't mean that he should hire a security team.

Like if there is a intrusion at your home, you first secure all the entry and exit points even before calling cops.

I was asking him to secure his home(atleast make it harder)

And with so many loosely coded scripts, its not even worth to have an security audit done! You see, one programmer's stupidity can beat the indigenious fool-proof algorithm of another :D
True, i too had a media wiki install running, removed it now
wikis are big security hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom