Jobs vs. Gates: Who's the Star?

Who's The Star ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
"Gates is the cutthroat capitalist. A genius maybe, but one more interested in maximizing profits than perfecting technology. He's the ultimate vengeful nerd. Ostracized at school, he gets the last laugh by bleeding us all dry.

On the other hand, Jobs has never seemed much concerned with business, though he's been very successful at it of late. Instead, Jobs has been portrayed as a man of art and culture. He's an aesthete, an artist; driven to make a dent in the universe.

But....."

*www.wired.com/gadgets/mac/commentary/cultofmac/2006/01/70072

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
anand the last 2 threads u started about vista have turned into fight clubs ... u are feeding beasts with meat ... why are u doing that :D

jobs makes a dent gates crashes the whole thing ;)

but coming to the topic both of them are amazing ... gates knew what would work in the markets from day 1 .... jobs rather chose to have competition by starting the collaboration with moto, ibm in hope to kill ms by becoming industry stds which obviously back fired but over the years he has taken full advantage of windows success to turn his fortunes around, ipod on windows, choosing to switch to intel .... not to forget his products look really slick and thats thanks to the designer about whom arya copy-pasted an article

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
And how do you figure that one out? Were you a nappy seller?

Well, anyway, both men are simply great, one for his complete revolution and the other for his business. There's no comparision, just as you wouldn't do between a PC and a MAC, while trying to make sense. I could start a thread of Gandhi vs. Bose, but I got better ideas than that.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I've read this before and I completely agree with him. :)

I do know someone who loves Jobs and hates Gates and his username starts with the first letter of the name of the state he resides in. :D

Last edited:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
haha
@imav , u better dont start posting like a kids wailing. Grow up.
What i think about Bill and Jobs is what I believe because of their actions and the way they do their business.

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
I am no one to judge ..... but Frankly speaking I love the Vision which Steve Job has......but at the same time I Love the Money Which Bill Gates has and not to forget his daughter (I want to marry her ....hahahah just joking)........However I believe in open source...........Hence I am still searching some one is visionary like Steve Jobs and Has Money as much as Bill Gates has but he/she uses that money Just for the Upbringing of Open Source........I mean making good Products (Software or Hardware)....and selling at minimum possible cost .....some thing OLPC laptops....or Google Services.........

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
u did not mention that ... i thought u had some family relations to both of them the way u said it:

"jobs is way better than gates"

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well when a judgment is given on a comparison reasons should be given u cant just say this is better or that is better .... u have to give a statement to substantiate ur opinion ... a reason as to why u say so ....

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
^^OK agree but U need not be so rude in telling me to do that.
Have U ever seen any of my posts which sound so rude ???

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
o! sorry did not want to be rude forgot the smiley man seriously wasnt being rude sorry to offend u ....

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
A smiley does not a rude post friendly make. :D

paragkalra said:
I am still searching some one is visionary like Steve Jobs and Has Money as much as Bill Gates has but he/she uses that money Just for the Upbringing of Open Source
The money wouldn't last long then.

eddie

El mooooo
IMHO Gates is a much better human being for the kind of work he does from bill & melinda gates foundation. We need more people like him who can use their money, power and just their general presence to make a change. That part of his life is really commendable.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
but eddie if u commend that side of his life how do u expect him to donate so much if u dont want him to earn as much .... u will bash his money making policies in 1 thread and in other thread will praise his donations ... how can he donate if he doesnt have it so its either gates as a whole or not at all ... its the same guy after all

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Steve Jobs : He knows how to make computing idiot proof. Now every idiot can use Mac. :D

Bill Gates : For making Computing what it is today. He is the real 2nd father of computers after Charles Babbage

eddie

El mooooo
iMav said:
but eddie if u commend that side of his life how do u expect him to donate so much if u dont want him to earn as much .... u will bash his money making policies in 1 thread and in other thread will praise his donations ... how can he donate if he doesnt have it so its either gates as a whole or not at all ... its the same guy after all
I am not saying that the way he earns his money is commendable. I am just saying that the work he does towards humanity is commendable. I still maintain that his business practices are nothing less than disgusting.

You don't need to donate obscene amounts of money to be good...you just need to make the effort and that is what I like from him. He is making an effort and that is good. I can assure you that Steve Jobs doesn't need to donate as much as Bill Gates does. He just needs to go out there, make an effort and help a cause. That will make a difference.

Donating money is nothing...making an effort is a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom