Jobs vs. Gates: Who's the Star?

Who's The Star ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
I admire Gates for what he has done in the PC world as well as his humanitarian work. But Jobs is a class apart....

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
simply speaking ... imo both have done a GREAT job ! Both get my STAR !

guys remove your goggles ;-) and see reality. Such posts (by bloggers) are usually just for grabbing eyeballs and hits and diggits to drive traffic to their website.

have been studying such aspects (in view of my new website) the last few weeks. found that catchy/ sensational titles (remember the mary jo one which spoilt my dear friend QM's morning ? ) but see the hits that page got ! "leoprd looks liks vista" ..maybe maybe not... who cares i enjoy vista ! the article also had little substance actually.

imav hope u r enjoying my meat :D yes tech genius hope the mods will will add a poll.

but well if i have to vote it will go to gates anyday, not bcoz im an MVP, thats only temporary, in any case; but bcoz gates has built the MOST popular OS... The keyword is POPULAR (reality check = used by 90+ folks worldwide).... and for the work Gates Foundation is doing.

Last edited:

Voldy

The Dark lord
I will take favour of Steve Jobs he's better than Gates you see Gates only makes money i know money more attractive but u know the main reason of Gates being a richy rich man is that he forced a lot of companies(IBM etc.) to use only his products not the others .Before the Microsoft Vs. Apple rivaliry Jobs and gates are friends but for money sake Gates turned on apple and try to destroy Apple .i know these will hurt the feelings of Microsoft lovers but that's the truth.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Vicky333 said:
I will take favour of Steve Jobs he's better than Gates you see Gates only makes money i know money more attractive but u know the main reason of Gates being a richy rich man is that he forced a lot of companies(IBM etc.) to use only his products not the others .
Would you like to explain how? Microsoft forcing Big Blue.....lolz...that is a serious joke. Big Blue is something which even Intel can't shake completely.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hahahhah vicky do u know what u typed man.... hahaha ... read a little dude :lol:

Mac is short for Macintosh and refers to any computer produced by Apple Computer. Macs are traditionally classified separately from PCs because they are based on the PowerPC architecture from Apple/IBM/Motorola

PowerPC is a RISC microprocessor architecture created by the 1991 Apple, IBM, Motorola alliance, known as AIM alliance, (for Apple, IBM, Motorola). Originally intended for personal computers. Now being a RISC Processor it inherits almost all draw backs of a RISC processor (note daily advancement in technology has found ways to counter the problems)

cynosure

UbuntuUser
@Vicky:
Man IBM is not "Indonesian Born Macchars" its "International Business Machines"
:D:D

Quote from wikipedia
IBM manufactures and sells computer hardware, software, infrastructure services, hosting services and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology

It has been known through most of its recent history as the world's largest computer company. With over 350,000 employees worldwide, IBM is the largest information technology employer in the world. IBM holds more patents than any other U.S. based technology company.[4] It has engineers and consultants in over 170 countries and IBM Research has eight laboratories worldwide.[5] IBM employees have earned three Nobel Prizes, four Turing Awards, five National Medals of Technology, and five National Medals of Science.[6] As a chip maker, IBM is among the Worldwide Top 20 Semiconductor Sales Leaders.

Last edited:

Voldy

The Dark lord
cynosure said:
@Vicky:
Man IBM is not "Indonesian Born Macchars" its "International Business Machines"
:D:D

Quote from wikipedia
i know what IBM means and i am fully aware of their history of IBM ok i have read about IBM thats why i am suggesting that subject if u don't believe me better check out the history of Microsoft and IBM relationship . so what ever i came here to share my thougths not arguing to anybody so if u think that i am joking that its your view but if i hurt your feelings i apologize is that ok. please bro help not making fun and try to correct the problems .

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
gx_saurav said:
Steve Jobs : He knows how to make computing idiot proof. Now every idiot can use Mac.
I think this sentence should be "Only Idiot Use Mac" ;)

Seriously... Why people use Macs? There are 100 things a MAC can do but there are 1000 things only Windows can do.;) :D :D :D

kumarmohit

Technomancer
@ Goobimama - Viruses, Spyware :)) (Heck mac cant even do 100 of these) ;)

But All said and done, Remember the money Gates donated to fight AIDS in India. Never heard of EL Jobso ever coming to India, so much for donating,

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
goobimama said:
^^ Like what?
1) Mac has no cut option

2) No support for 2ndry Display to use it even when primary computer is off. A.K.A Windows Sideshow

3) Lack of games

4) Lack of HD DVD & Blue Ray Drives & Videos

5) Zune :D

6) Cannot resize Windows from any side

7) Read the fight club threads again. :p

8 ) Sorry state of X264 on Mac

9) Cannot play WMA in any media player for mac.

Voldy

The Dark lord
Quiz_Master said:
I think this sentence should be "Only Idiot Use Mac" ;)

Seriously... Why people use Macs? There are 100 things a MAC can do but there are 1000 things only Windows can do.;) :D :D :D
Hey bro are u know who i am ? :D think bro

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
kumarmohit said:
Never heard of EL Jobso ever coming to India, so much for donating,
He did come to India but yeah, I don't think he has ever done any charity. He may be the sort who does not do it publicly but I heavily doubt that. For a man as famous as him, it is almost impossible to do any significant social service anonymously.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^ if he donates 50 million like gates donates then the future of Apple might be in trouble due to lack of monetary resources :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Do you have any idea how much money he has? Nowhere near Gates, of course, but fifty million is not a very huge deal for him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom