Jobs vs. Gates: Who's the Star?

Who's The Star ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Yup, 50 million (which was just an example here which you fail to understand for some iReason :D) isn't much for him due to him getting more then 100% profit on iPod Nanos

kumarmohit

Technomancer
aryayush said:
He did come to India but yeah, I don't think he has ever done any charity. He may be the sort who does not do it publicly but I heavily doubt that. For a man as famous as him, it is almost impossible to do any significant social service anonymously.

Does not do it publically!

I cant believe it, he is a businessman, charity brings free publicity, u there El Jobso?

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Vicky333 said:
Hey bro are u know who i am ? :D think bro
Oye Bittu Tu...
Maje main naa... (Sorry Guys for disturbance..he is my neighbour;) )

OK. What now I think is JOBs is nat a star but even Gate is not cleaned.

Whan IBM was planning to enter in PC Market with its IBM-PCs, they needed an OS. Bill Gates did not take up the arduous task of developing the OS. Instead he approached a company called Seattle Computer who had developed the operating system. Without revealing the IBM connection Bill Gates purchased the OS (at a dirt cheap price 50,000$) on behalf of Microsoft.
Microsoft subsequently licensed OS to IBM and partenered with other computer manufacturers to include its own version, called MS-DOS, with every computer system sold. Microsoft has subsequently dislodged IBM as the official behemoths of the software industry. It is ironical that IBM did the initial hand holding to steady Microsoft.
MS Cheated with IBM.

So what gate is a cheater? You tell me...8)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
did gates tell u this? or did the owner of seattle computers tell u this im not siding gates or his deeds but believing what is written by others is wrong .... make ur decisions based on what u hear and see not read

cynosure

UbuntuUser
iMav said:
did gates tell u this? or did the owner of seattle computers tell u this im not siding gates or his deeds but believing what is written by others is wrong .... make ur decisions based on what u hear and see not read

Even reading increases your knowledge. If he's saying something then theres a healthy chance that he's right. And if MS is the case, then he can be right. Even Ive hear a lot that MS swindle other big organisations to keep their place. And this is right. This is what is called as competition.
Not everytime WYSIWYG.

And that statement sounds like that you are with BillGates.:D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
iMav said:
Yes, what Quiz_Master is saying is true. That is how it happened and it is well documented in the book Fire in the Valley.

But that is just good business sense, IMHO. Great business sense, in fact. He did not cheat anyone. He has cheated people in his career, but not in this case. IBM got what they wanted and they sold a lot of computers due to that OS. Seattle Computers got a lot more than they ever thought they could. And Bill Gates, playing the middleman, got the most out of the deal because of sheer business acumen. It is not his fault that the folks at Seattle Computers did not realise the potential for their software and that the IBM guys did not find anyone else to deal with.

vaithy

In the zone
Well !!
You have seen the DOS history.. how about the history of Windows ? ( already known ignore this)

Microsoft first began development of the Interface Manager (subsequently renamed Microsoft Windows) in September 1981.
Although the first prototypes used Multiplan and Word-like menus at the bottom of the screen, the interface was changed in 1982 to use pull-down menus and dialogs, as used on the Xerox Star.
Microsoft finally announced Windows in November 1983, with pressure from just-released VisiOn and impending TopView.
This was after the release of the Apple Lisa, and before Digital Research announced GEM, and DESQ from Quarterdeck and the Amiga Workbench , or GEOS/GeoWorks Ensemble, IBM OS/2, NeXTstep or even DeskMate from Tandy. Windows promised an easy-to-use graphical interface, device-independent graphics and multitasking support.
The development was delayed several times, however, and the Windows 1.0 hit the store shelves in November 1985. The selection of applications was sparse, however, and Windows sales were modest.

( more than 90% Pcs run on Windows)

With regards,
Vaithy

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ whats the point ... we know the history how do u wanna spin it is the question ...ur point can be put in a single line ... make it

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
This just in....Dhirubhai ambani also used some tricks & jugard to start his business & empire which were not always ethical. He should be sued then too...right?

vaithy

In the zone
iMav said:
^^ whats the point ... we know the history how do u wanna spin it is the question ...ur point can be put in a single line ... make it

Point?? " Gates didn't innovate.. just lift from others"

-with regards,
Vaithy

The other one
What are you discussing dudes . Business and ethics dont follow same path , business = cheating people to grow big . Simple as that , i dont believe any sort of business empire has been built with total purity .

vaithy

In the zone
Nope,

Jobs himself is a biggest thieve as Mr. G.. but atleast he innovate some time... Saw the result of i pod, i phone mania..
Actually the post should be about who is the biggest thief?
with regards,
Vaithy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom