Job Referral Thread

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
CTS Referral Drive on Bangalore on July 13th 2013 for MSBI/PLSQL/INFORMATICA/OBIEE/COGNOS/DATASTAGE/GENESYS/EDIFY/VXML.

Work location will be Bangalore itself. As of now, they need exp people with 3 or more. You can PM me, if you're fit and need more info..
For freshers, i will inform if i get any..

--> Why can't we rename this thread as "Job thread" or "Job referral thread" something like that?

Any chance for 2.5 years?

And one question. Does the probation period(2-3 month after giving resignation letter, forgot what it is called), counts towards experience? I mean now I am 2.5 years experienced, plus my company have a 3 month of probation period. So shall I be eligible for 3 years exp jobs after 2 months?

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
its called notice period :)

Probation period is when you join a company and you are yet to be confirmed in that company :D lol

And yes, your notice period counts into your industry experience. But most of the company will look for your experience on a particular skill set as the first reference.

Example:: If you have worked for 1 year on C and then moved on to java for 2 years to complete your career experiece of 3 years, there is high chance that your experience is treated on the current skill years of 2 (on java) for a java postion than the total yrs of experience.

Flash

Lost in speed
@arjit: Not sure, they've mentioned 3 or more. I will post it here, if i get any for < 3.
Normally when you come out of a company, they will give like a "Experience letter" stating how much months/years you worked for that company.. \
That will be taken as your Working experience..

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
its called notice period :)

Ahh.. thanks I took 5 minutes to recall what it is called, but failed. :(

If you have worked for 1 year on C and then moved on to java for 2 years to complete your career experiece of 3 years, there is high chance that your experience is treated on the current skill years of 2 (on java) for a java postion than the total yrs of experience.

I am trying to increase my exp, and you are going to decrease it. :|

@arjit: Not sure, they've mentioned 3 or more. I will post it here, if i get any for < 3.
Normally when you come out of a company, they will give like a "Experience letter" stating how much months/years you worked for that company.. \
That will be taken as your Working experience..

It will be 3 I guess. All the companies expecting 3+ on average. It is rare you will find a company giving opportunity for 2+ years exp.

When we joined this average criteria was 2+, now it have been increased to 3+ :-x.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Ahh.. thanks I took 5 minutes to recall what it is called, but failed. :(

I am trying to increase my exp, and you are going to decrease it. :|

Hahahahaha see.. if u are working on the same technology since day one of you getting into the company, then you need not worry. But say if you have a training period of 3 months and then got onto the live projects on the technology, then in your technology experience is only 36 - 3 months as training on the technology doesnt count as an experience either.

Hard facts.. :) but be prepared to be asked about these things if you try to act smart in an interview in contect of your experience.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
yes but its only tech support. No opportunities right now but I can let you know whenever they come as the pay and benefits are good.

But tech support hardly counts in experience especially when applying for dev jobs, isn't it ? btw what'd be the pay ?

Hrishi

As I said, freshers
people with experience get higher CTC than what I mentioned.
How much is the salary according to industry standard for Level 2 Service Desk Technician(Application support , .NET , Active Directory services , & related products ).
Having ~3 years of relevent experience in Top MNC.
Will it ever count as an experience if trying to switch to Development in a SMC or non-MNC ??? Dev. jobs are hard to find without prior experience these days , specially if you are non-engineer :(.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
^Unless you have contacts it is very much a dream for you in dev job. But then again I will suggest you to find support jobs in other companies & get some 6-7yrs exp.(3 more to go ) then move to management. Do PMP lvl1. And you are pretty much a manager. Few successful projects and you will get awards & rewards and recognition.

@krisnendusarkar did you get any call/message/e-mails from cg then tell me I might be able turn up the speed of processing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom