IT Job vs Job as SBI PO

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
What about lateral jump in future for PSB's employees. I have seen people leaving Public sector banks for plush offering in pvt ones especially Axis ,ICICI for anything in range of 90k to 1.2lac per month .Though they have been working for about 8 to 9 years in Public sector bank before that .
That's exactly what I said in my previous post. Govt employees get impressive offers in pvt sector.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
A M/2 grade manager at Coal india, my friend's father, was offered 65 lakhs package at Reliance, and he denied. :D

PS: Reliance guys took 8 hrs long interview :shock:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
of course he declined.coal sector has single-handedly made more millionaires than IT sector & pvt companies like Reliance combined.:D

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
and above all please consider this
*i.imgur.com/ji2Atwp.jpg

Just to add more info ,my dad just throwed me a bouncer yesterday ,when I talked about Uncle SAM oppurtunities .Incidently Many indian Public sector banks including my dad's ,which does'nt even come under top 8 ,have started opening Branches outside India & just recently 2 of my father juniors of JMG Scale 3 & 4 i believe ,were sent to 5 year assignment to US & Sweden . :) I did'nt know what to reply :) .Though I am preety sure the perks may not be equivalent to any IT employees.

While for work load ,Infy & other IT companies score as not only they provide flexible hours but heavy loads are also not present during normal scenario .I have seen Senior Project manager hitting gyms nowadays at evening & during work hours :) ,which I can't imagine in
then you can join the Bank very good opportunity indeed

Last edited:

jithinanne

Right off the assembly line
how does one benefit as a PO than an IT engineer in pvt company such as Infosys? wat abot the working hours and leaves that one get?

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
if you want a good work life balance and social status then PO is better. And also as a PO your job is more secured than Infy job

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^Nirmal Baba 238 crore is more than enough for me :mrgreen:

for rapid growth, learning & opportunity choose private sector
for constant work life,benefits,no learning choose public sector

beingGamer

In the zone
Hi there,
I had joined SBI Caps 3 months ago. but left it after completing just 1.5 month. left in the notice period itself.
as per my experience, you get lot of benefits like canteen items @ 25%. suppose you want to buy lays, you have to pay only 2.5 Rs.
if you like that kind of benefits then you can join.
but beware than you wont be having much work to do, and even if you get some work to do, you will face internal politics. such as your senior says not to work for someone and on the other hand the guy who gives you work asks you about how much his work is done.
so you will have to make a fool of both of them :p
i went through this within that period itself.
timings will be fixed as per your senior decides for you.
for promotions etc you have to be like a dog to your senior.
all the best.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
1-2 leaves per month & 8-9 hours per day 6 days a week is the average.SBI PO has the most workload & most salary among all bank POs.

source:friends working as PO in banks.

ramkumarvcbe

the Warrior
I would like to join SBI for this. I will buy a truckload of Lays and stuff like that(which is offered @ 25% :D ), And, I'll sell it to other retailers, and make a hell amount of money. :D

you get lot of benefits like canteen items @ 25%. suppose you want to buy lays, you have to pay only 2.5 Rs.
if you like that kind of benefits then you can join.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^need more details.there is no such thing as energy sector in general in job openings.mechanical & electrical engg will make you eligible for almost any energy generation company.PSUs offer best job but are also toughest to get in(read competition with IITans/NITians).no psu in renewable(or at least any significant one) so pvt sector is the only option in renewable energy generation companies.

medy

Broken In
In between this matter i would know how could you crack 4 time SBI po? Coz im also will give sbi clerk exam please explain me your study planning and also for interview?

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
Hi Guys,

Sorry for digging his thread but I had to answer this. I am a Po in SBI right now, so I think I am eligible to give you a suitable answer.

The first thing I would say is no to SBI. In SBI salary and respect apart, there is no work-life balance. U keep getting transfers till you retire. Ur family relations and relations with ur kids etc in future will deteriorate. Work is like 9 to 9 almost. In only some branches ull be able to leave by 6 30 or 7.

SBI is strigent in rules and transfers, so u got to do all the homework or ur doomed. Apart from that u need to give confirmation tests, e lessons etc etc till u die and thats too much irritating at times. If anything is to be done by the govt, the first target is banks. So u sometimes need to go to bank even on sundays. It is the most pathetic and heavy workload job ever.

If you feel u cant achieve anything and u don't need a family, then welcome to SBI.

PS: I am planning to quit SBI very soon to get a life!

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hi Guys,

Sorry for digging his thread but I had to answer this. I am a Po in SBI right now, so I think I am eligible to give you a suitable answer.

The first thing I would say is no to SBI. In SBI salary and respect apart, there is no work-life balance. U keep getting transfers till you retire. Ur family relations and relations with ur kids etc in future will deteriorate. Work is like 9 to 9 almost. In only some branches ull be able to leave by 6 30 or 7.

SBI is strigent in rules and transfers, so u got to do all the homework or ur doomed. Apart from that u need to give confirmation tests, e lessons etc etc till u die and thats too much irritating at times. If anything is to be done by the govt, the first target is banks. So u sometimes need to go to bank even on sundays. It is the most pathetic and heavy workload job ever.

If you feel u cant achieve anything and u don't need a family, then welcome to SBI.

PS: I am planning to quit SBI very soon to get a life!

i smiled after reading your post. the way you wrote felt a little humorous to me. hope you won't mind.

i dont know much, but one of my maternal uncles (may be 45+ in age) is in SBI, and yes, he keeps getting transferred here-and-there. presently he's in some rural town near Jhansi or Kanpur or somewhere.

also, a coursemate of mine (a shippy), he left sailing to be at home due to family-compulsions, and is now a PO in BoI (though he wanted to be in BoB, and had secured the score reqd. for that, but due to some discrepancy, couldn't get in it). he's not very pleased with the work-profile in banking, but atleast satisfied that he's at home now. life picked up pace well for him since. he sometimes used to tell me about experiences of SBI people he interacted with on another forum, and it was what you wrote - huge workload, weekend-work too many times, etc., etc. though salary, etc. are good i presume. also, not to forget handling pestering and furious customers at times, though that can be across all the banks (he experienced one such incident recently, and was thoroughly miffed by it! gave his piece of mind to the customer. hehe).

Top Bottom