"it is time to dump Google"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
I believe GOOGLE is the pioneer for searching and none can defeat it....Another word for search is "GOOGLE"...

mediator

Technomancer
Google image and yahoo video search are the best.......They can search whatever i want.....believe me......whaatever!!!

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
I have been using google for past half a decade and no one has beaten google yet..
though the image searches are pretty useles...
i think its been a long time since its interface has gone a change (has it ever has?)but as long as it is sucessful who would want to change it!

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
Google was found to increase its global internet search market share to 62%, up from 55%...
In contrast, Yahoo' search share fell from 22% to 20%,
while Microsoft slipped from 10% to 9%...
*www.itwire.com.au/content/view/5033/53/

Last edited:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Show me a better one in all aspects of Google, I will surely "try to consider" using a different search engine.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
there are chinese and other niche ( like acadymic) search engines but they are not known by many people atleast in most countries of the world. They are more lor less as good if not better than google.

In computer magazines, these are mentioned.

knight17

In the zone
Google page rank is not keeping up with the current trends means they are not capable of handling the such a huge growth of the web.

blogger.com has a PR of 10..but Yahoo! only has PR 9..the worlds most visited site has just a PR 9.
why is that ?

try theese engines too...
*search.msn.com
*search.yahoo.com
*gigablast.com
*dogpile.com

Gigablast is looking good :)

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
Eversince I read this thread I've made plenty of searches through Google myself and have been noticing If the metioned comments are true but, I haven't had any problem and I got correct results in first page every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom