"it is time to dump Google"

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Google - the worst search engine.

"In recent search engine comparison tests, Google consistently puts relevant search results low in page rankings, hiding them on page 3 or 4 of the results, while all the other search engines correctly put those same results on page 1..
...If you don't believe Google is the worst, try a few comparative searches of your own..."

...says this article
*techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=96&threadID=195490&tag=nl.e550

Sukarn

Broken In
Maybe yes, maybe no, but i'm sure thats its better than yahoo and msn. I never managed to find relevent results with either of those two, while I always use google.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Same here, Google finds what I want :p Live is heavy and its image index sucks, Yahoo is good but its interface makes me stay away... havent tried its new interface but I hate red :D

Official Techie

In the zone
may be the reporter want to ball google a googley see goggle is the best search engine out there except google video yahoo is better there

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Google is the best.MSN is the worst. Yahoo does a decent job.
Google's software does a page ranking based on the links the website has in other
sites. That's called Google bombing. It's not Google, but the companies that misuse
this feature!! This is the truth, believe me. Even Digit magazine carried an article on
this called 'Google Bombing'.

Dink2cool

Broken In
i love google ! heck ! i even don't know what i hate about google ... its clean , fast , and does not contain advertisement splattered all over the search result page .. i havent used msn or yahoo since forever .. and i dont think i ever will use them unless google shuts down

godsownman

Padawan
Google, a search engine of very few words, but excellent results.

Need I say more ???

P.s. For all those who don't understand what the word "words" is hinted at, it means obtrusive advertisements.

mohit sharma

Journeyman
every product by google is simply superb !!!! the company model followed by google is simply superb and the way it is expending , whatever the reports says , i love methadalogy of google , i use many of it's products and have enabled private info. sharing of all so that they ( google ) can benifit by studying the data they obtained and create more good products !!!!!

martian

Broken In
I've been always using Google for all my treasure hunts.. And, believe me, It's one cool search engine! I've tried MSN, it's not bad though, but results are half as irrelevant! I'd rather not talk about Yahoo!

You Google loathers out there, the reason you don't get relevant search results is because you don't queue in the right input the right way! I love Google!

supersaiyan

In the zone
it depends actually on what u r searching for. sometimes google gives better result, sometimes yahoo. its all about ppl's preference. but google hasn't gained 50% market share for nothing.right?

amol48

Searching...
i too think that google rules... i always get everything what i want in the first page itself !!! and i HATE MSN ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom