Is Nokia 5230 worth looking at?

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
Hi friends...
I got this phone (Nok 5230) a month back. I am located at Bangalore. Got the phone from The Mobile Store. Priced at Rs.8300.

I am really happy with this phone.
Though the screen is a bit scratch prone and is barely visible in daylight. The audio volume is low. But I discard these things.

But I am really happy with this phone as this has several advanced features like GPS, which I use to the fullest... etc

If any1 is thinking of getting this cell. go for it.

-SUDE

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Q: I have copied music files to my 5233...& after some days deleted all inside
music library (by selecting mark all > Delete)...the files are deleted physically...but there traces still remains...even though the files r not there..How can empty the full library.....:?:

Tamoghno

Padawan
I am really happy with this phone.
Though the screen is a bit scratch prone and is barely visible in daylight. The audio volume is low. But I discard these things.

Change your screenguard and apply a good branded one.
i too used to think that 5800 have bad screenlight legibility but after i changed to good quality screen guard , its improved dramatically , one of the best i've seen.

romikhan57

Broken In
Well as stated above , the screen guard should be changed to a high quality one so that there are no scratches on the screen and daylight visibility increases dramatically

nmenon

Broken In
Purchased a Nokia 5230 from The Mobile Store, Alwaye @ Rs 8200 + Rs 600 for Sandisk 4GB Memory card. I went to Nokia Priority dealer first who tried to sell me the 5233 and told me that the 5230 is now out of production but the nice guys they were, they made a few calls and directed me to The Mobile Store. The guy at mobile store explained the whole story which I'd guessed that the 5230 cannibalized sales of the 5800 XM since it offers all the 5800 XM's features except WiFi and a 3.2MP cam with flash at around Rs 5000/- lesser. Will post pics soon. Its performance has improved after updating the software to V 12.0.89, released on 20-12-09. Only grouse is that I got the Silver one and not Black. The 2MP camera gives decent results and is very fast at saving images within 2-3s of the shutter click.

PraKs

Youngling
@nmenon

Thanks for telling the fact on Why nokia stopped 5230, Its an awesome phone. Do post your review.

nmenon

Broken In
Will post a review within a week, just getting used to its abilities. Bundled headset is a letdown, the rest of the package is fine.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
hey guys pls read my above post#125..have u faced similar problem in 5230???

& r u all using the OVI player..i downloaded the .exe (999kb) but on running the setup it searches internet..does it really need net connection for installing the files....pls help

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^i think that the actual program is downloaded from net.

Can someone tell me how to silent the camera click sound?

Tagagat

Right off the assembly line
^I dont think so

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

My phone too gives the click sound, but in silent no sound's there

Top Bottom