Is Nokia 5230 worth looking at?

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
and one more problem.... (sorry :))

i am trying to download maps for india from my pc to cell through ovi suite.... everytime i try to download it, it says that your "[DEVICE MEMORY CARD IS FULL.... YOU MAY TRY AGAIN AFTER FREEING SOME SPACE ON YOUR CARD[/B] but i have 280mb free space on my memory card.... maps are of size 121mb.... i installed maps of japan (5mb) and they got installed easily.... please help....:-|

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

hey the problem got solved by formatting my memory card.... :-(

^^ Yes, you already have OVI maps application but you dont yet have the actual maps of India. To download that you can use PC suite app. Its around 103 MB in size and using PC suite app it will be painfully slow irrespective of your internet speed.

you are again rite dude.... its just 121 mb and taking more than 1.5 hours.... >:-(

you r again rite man....

nmenon

Broken In
I downloaded the 103 MB map of India last week it took me only 20-25 min. I didn't find it to be slow, though it was slower than downloading from say Intel's or Nvidia's website. I use BSNL's DataOne with the Rs.250 pm 1GB limit plan.

raksrules

Youngling
Try to find the OVI India maps from some alternate location rather than downloading from the PC/Ovi suite. In that way you will be able to leverage your entire bandwidth for maps download without the bottleneck caused by the Ovi/PC suite.

I guess you can try this for direct download of India OVI maps

~snipped~

Last edited by a moderator:

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
i downloaded the maps on the same day through ovi suite.... although it took me around 3 hrs....

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

can you please tell me about any office software for my phone which is freeware???? if you have it then can you please mail it to me on my id????

raksrules

Youngling
I guess there is no freeware office software. The only one available i guess is quick office. I suggest you search on getjar.com to see if a lite version (freeware) is available or not there. It is also available in ovi store for 10 euros.
Btw you can get the software if you know where to look for ;)

Nuxer

liNux+usER
Purchased Nokia 5230 - Rs.7500/-

Sales package contents

• Nokia 5230
  • Nokia High Efficiency Charger (AC-8)
  • Nokia Battery (Bl-5J)
  • Nokia Stereo Headset (WH-102)
  • Plectrum Stylus CP-306
  • 2GB Data Card
  • Connectivity Cable
  • Car Kit
  • User guide

MCDC

Broken In
bought 5230 3 days back..awesome pnone:p ...(rs 7500 )...wots a car kit?:sad:

wot r the best applications to download for this fone...

recently i heard from my friend that this phn has stopped selling becoz it cant support 3G...is that true????????????:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
recently i heard from my friend that this phn has stopped selling becoz it cant support 3G...is that true????????????

nope.... thats not true.... its cutting down the sales of 5230.....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I guess there is no freeware office software. The only one available i guess is quick office. I suggest you search on getjar.com to see if a lite version (freeware) is available or not there. It is also available in ovi store for 10 euros.
Btw you can get the software if you know where to look for ;)

just a thought. why would need office on phone anymore when MS office web edition is alive and kicking now :)

MCDC

Broken In
thank god!!! :razz: that aint true...........
well i wantd to ask that shud i update SW ???.....will it harm the phone in any way?????

Top Bottom