Is M Schumacher a cheat and an dishonest driver?

My take is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek_rohit

In the zone
Grudgy...you really have a grudge on Michael and Ferrari I know, but this is ridiculous. C'mon man gimme a break. You can't see him winning is a different thing, but calling him a cheap and dishonest driver is completely insane. A driver can't go on winning 90 GPs, 7 championships with just cheating. Whadya think the stewards are sleepin? There have been some incidents which Michael had been on the wrong side, but that said he has been a good sport, he has been in F1 for 16 years, and mind you people all over the paddock respect him. Not if you are a certain Jacques Villeneuve or Niki Lauda. Michael has done more in charity and people's interest than any other driver. He has been a US ambassador, won the Laureus World Sports Awards. And if u call him a cheater you are challenging Laureus Sports Academy's complete jury. What do u think that people are foolish? You havn't seen all of Michael's races have you? Watch him race in wet races, watch his scorching outlaps and inlaps, before and after his pitstops. Can anyone on the grid match him? Yea Alonso did, last season. But he had a Mechanical advantage. Don't cry now that Schumi has had a mechanical advantage all these years, he might have, but he didn't have that in 1998/1999. He showed Mika many times what he's capable of. And remind you Michael's stats are not that easy to achieve, so mind what you are saying. And yeah...action speak louder than words. And Michael's records say all by themselves.
Thats it. Hope you are happy with his retirement. People like you are just baised. I've been a big fan of Raikkonen even though he has been in McLaren for some years, and I welcome him to Ferrari. You need to change your attitude man. Think before you speak.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Rohit-
*ashwinr.com/2006/09/11/michael-cheatmacher-is-a-cheat-and-an-dishonest-driver/#comment-4613

Plus, you again seem to tell the same old story. He is not but not 'great'. Don't think that it's me who thinks Ms is a cheat. Visit Youtube F 1 videos, check Orkut Communities. As far as I know there are atleast 3-4 anti-MS communities. with over 20,000+ strong members.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Check out the forums at *www.updatef1.com/ and you'll see that most people think he's a cheat.
Check the current poll at *www.itv-f1.com too.

mediator

Technomancer
drgrudge said:
Don't think that it's me who thinks Ms is a cheat. Visit Youtube F 1 videos, check Orkut Communities. As far as I know there are atleast 3-4 anti-MS communities. with over 20,000+ strong members.
Thats absurd actually forming ur opinion based on others. Cant u form ur own opinion? So what if there are communites?? There is a community "We Hate India" on orkut. So what its importance?? There are similar communites "We hate Microsoft". There may be people who actually dont like Ms-Windows. But the numebr of people using windows is actually exponentially higher.

U'll always find people against someone who achieves something. E.g Sania Mirza...instead of watching her sports people watch her outfits and Muslim clerics or whateva threatened her for wearing such outfits. Now cant they just watch her sports instead ogling her body??
Why do people always look for negetive in every person. Cant u see some positive?
Like someone said here if he wins u call the chairman biased to him otherwise u call him a cheat.
Let me tell u a story. There was a man who was going with his donkey. When he travelled along(besides) with donkey people called him a fool and told him he has a donkey...why doesnt he sits on the donkey. When he sat on the donkey people scold him and told him to have mercy on poor donkey by not sitting on him.

Its the similar situation with Michal Schumaker. The authorites cant be biased all the time . That would destroy the whole meaning and fun of the sports. If it were nobody else wud have been participating in it from the start.

So instead of envying him or criticing him just look his record, look how many people actually cheer him and njoy his sports. I dont see any reasong for criticising schumi.

Its not like WWE where whole thing is a bigger drama than all the K serials of starplus.
There are 1000s of ways in finding negetive in others. But before that search urself too. Just try to look positive in others....that will make ur and others life better too.

I dunno if he is a cheat. Thats none of my concerns. But then winning so many F1 and championships requires guts specially when u have so many skilled racers in front of u. And if anybody here is saying abt the quality of his car...then nobody can race in bullock cart. To win one must utilize all sort of technology. But at the end it depends on the skills of the driver to handle and control that technology!
If u further say that he won because of nitro boosters, then let me tell u nitroboosters dont have any effect on a zig zag road with frequent U turns. It all depends on the skills at the end!

And yea abt the Youtube videos......there are similar videos created by some freaks who say 9/11 was planned by US itself. What a Joke!

So lets Njoy watching his sports!

Last edited:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
mediator said:
If u further say that he won because of nitro boosters, then let me tell u nitroboosters dont have any effect on a zig zag road with frequent U turns.
ROTFLMAO!!! Whatever are you talking about? :D

Dipen01

Youngling
Woods: Schu is the greatest
Wednesday, 13, September, 2006, 14:52 [/b]

Golfing superstar Tiger Woods has said he rates Michael Schumacher as the best sportsman in the world – above both himself and tennis ace Roger Federer, who he cheered to another consummate US Open victory at Flushing Meadows last weekend.

Put on the spot at a press conference in the run-up to the World Match Play at Wentworth, Woods unhesitatingly named the soon-to-retire seven-time Formula 1 world champion as his number one.

“In my eyes, it has to be Michael Schumacher,” said the American.

“His consistency does it for me. He’s performed year in and year out in the most globally-watched sport.

“The pressure he has had to deal with is immense.

“It’s really phenomenal to see him succeed at the level he has done for so many years.”

Woods said a factor that distinguished Schumacher from himself and Federer was the nature of F1 as a team sport, with the additional variables that entails.

“It’s hard to separate yourself in any sport, but it’s so much easier to do in an individual sport,” he said.

“There’s nobody to rely on – if you play well as a individual, you are going to win.

“But what you are seeing with Roger, myself and Michael is that we have been consistent over the years.

“You have to bring your best each and every time you compete.”

Source :- *www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37352

drvarun bhai..the website u told..;)

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

mediator said:
Thats absurd actually forming ur opinion based on others. Cant u form ur own opinion? So what if there are communites?? There is a community "We Hate India" on orkut. So what its importance?? There are similar communites "We hate Microsoft". There may be people who actually dont like Ms-Windows. But the numebr of people using windows is actually exponentially higher.
No, I never thought MS is a cheat after watching these communities. To be honest, I never knew about these communities until recently.

mediator said:
And yea abt the Youtube videos......there are similar videos created by some freaks who say 9/11 was planned by US itself. What a Joke!
Lol man! I saw most of the incidents on TV itself. Forget who uploads the stuffs there. In all probability they can't be fake as many would have seen them on TV. So irrespective of who uploads the stuffs, the videos are real for sure.

It seems that you post just for the heck of it. Maybe to show your authority and verbally challenge members in fight club.

Dipen01

Youngling
Checkout this :-

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk2p2nRK-p4...el schumacher

Watch Complete Video

ashwin mite say..that he never doubted the skills of MSC..but i CLAIM..MSC was and is the best driver in OPEN ERA...On WET/DRY...anywhere...

well if u talk of HONESTY and ETHICS... to we have had...5 page long discussions...[;)]

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
i completely agree with this quote below

s18000rpm said:
Well see it like this.... Ferrari & M.S have been DOMINATING F1 for the past Decade.
Then suddenly the rules are changed & Renault with their "MASS DAMPERS" became No.1 for a year. These Mass Dampers were the Trump Card of Renault Team.

Now when the FIA has banned the use of "MASS DAMPERS" Renault Team is Whining like a CRYBABY & BLAMING everyone, especially M.S. & Ferrari coz they're Winning (as usual) & now are goin to kick them back to where they belong :D .

Michael Schumacher is only a HUMAN (super talented, that is), & we human are bound to make mistakes. Even God makes/made Mistake(s).

It is just so SAD that Michael Schumacher is retiring from F1. Now F1 is gonna get boring without him.

Michael Schumacher has Broken EVERY single RECORD that was set by earlier F1 Drivers.

Those who whine like Alonso & Renault & say M.S. is a cheat :confused: Just Try this....
Get a Formula 1 Game & play the championship, in "Seasoned Driver" mode with the Cockpit camera.
If you can get into the top 6, then talk or whine about M.S. or any other SportsPerson :D :D

You people just sit before TV & start WHINING like Flavio Briatore & he's Crybaby Alonso,.. SHEESH !!! if you CAN't Appriciate what Michael Schumacher has achieved, then just keep quite or meditate, why talk about someone whom you cant be compared with at any point, IN ALL OF YOUR SEVEN life.

Michael Schumacher is LARGER THAN LIFE

lol
just check the poll here
lol

Last edited:

Dipen01

Youngling
mediator -> If u further say that he won because of nitro boosters, then let me tell u nitroboosters dont have any effect on a zig zag road with frequent U turns.

ROFL.. this point came to mind... when this Topic just started....At that time i just thought its too absurd..:D

mediator

Technomancer
drvarunmehta said:
mediator said:
If u further say that he won because of nitro boosters, then let me tell u nitroboosters dont have any effect on a zig zag road with frequent U turns.
ROTFLMAO!!! Whatever are you talking about?

Just tried to add some analogical spice to the current debate! :D

drgrudge said:
No, I never thought MS is a cheat after watching these communities. To be honest, I never knew about these communities until recently.
Then why did u mentioned about the communities in the first place?? Its not a relevant point to be mentioned here. Neways if u search for "I luv MS" I'm sure u'll find more stronger community then the one u searched for initially....just like u have the poll results here!

drgrudge said:
Lol man! I saw most of the incidents on TV itself. Forget who uploads the stuffs there. In all probability they can't be fake as many would have seen them on TV. So irrespective of who uploads the stuffs, the videos are real for sure.
Oh well....What does that mean?? That others didnt see the videos?? See the poll results....many ppl here must be bigger F1 fans than u!

drgrudge said:
It seems that you post just for the heck of it. Maybe to show your authority and verbally challenge members in fight club.
Guess u found mah weakness! But I'm not here to show off mah authority or whateva. Everybody has a right to express opinions...ISnt it?? And I hate whenever someone who achieves something is dragged down unnecessarily without proof and that too on one's own thinking.....Just because he thinks that.
If someday u achieve something great and some person unnecessarily drags u down,without any proof, then ofcors I'll speak for u!

Cheers!

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Woods: Schu is the greatest
Wednesday, 13, September, 2006, 14:52 [/b]

Golfing superstar Tiger Woods has said he rates Michael Schumacher as the best sportsman in the world – above both himself and tennis ace Roger Federer, who he cheered to another consummate US Open victory at Flushing Meadows last weekend.
Tiger Woods is entitled to his opinion just as I am.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
wtf schumi aint a cheat...he is just a lean-mean driver......and thats what u gotta be if u wanna be teh numbah 1

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

mediator said:
Then why did u mentioned about the communities in the first place?? Its not a relevant point to be mentioned here.
I mentioned them as people think I'm hell bent to saying : "Shoe-me is a cheat". Plus if you see, I never posted what other said. I never quoted what other ppl said. I didn't even posted the contents that I posted in my site.

By the way what did Sania Mirza, WWE and donkey stories got to do with the current discussion? :lol: They are relevant here? :lol:

mediator said:
Neways if u search for "I luv MS" I'm sure u'll find more stronger community then the one u searched for initially....just like u have the poll results here!
Hmm.. shall we have a IE Vs Fx Vs Opera thread here? We have the Nokia Vs SE thread. What were the poll results got to do with the reality outside this board? The poll result here is just the opinions of members who voted here.

mediator said:
Oh well....What does that mean?? That others didnt see the videos?? See the poll results....many ppl here must be bigger F1 fans than u!
Let ppl like him. You think MS is god? tiger Woods thinks he is great? Go ahead, nobody is stopping you. The videos were just an "evidence" that he cheated. IF you can't see properly (due to various reasons like slow internet connection, etc..), then you can read the comments that ppl posted.

Dipen01

Youngling
Responses to Schumacher's retirement
Following the announcement of his retirement, many people in Formula One have responded to his decision and the impact it will have on Formula One.[14]

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo[15]:

"I always said that the decision to retire would be his alone but now that decision has been taken I feel a sense of sadness. We have lived through some unforgettable times together, some good and some bad, achieving results that will be hard to equal."

Ferrari team boss Jean Todt[15]:

"Michael has been the author of a unique chapter in the history of Formula 1 and of Ferrari in particular. It has yet to reach its conclusion and what he has achieved extends over and above the results obtained. He is an exceptional man and will become a legend as a driver."
Ferrari technical director Ross Brawn[16]:

"Everybody will miss Michael, whoever they are. It is a big event for everyone. I think someone of his ability, someone of his experience, and someone of his involvement will be very badly missed. But F1 goes on, Ferrari goes on."

Ferrari chief designer Rory Byrne, who designed all of Schumacher's championship winning cars:

"He will be missed as a friend and colleague and as the ultimate professional. It's the end of Michael's career in Formula One so in that sense, it is the end of an era. When you look at his record, that's going to be difficult to beat."
Formule One Driver and brother Ralf Schumacher:

"I am sure he has thought long and hard about his decision and I respect it. I've enjoyed racing with him and I wish him all the best both for the championship and the future."

Three-times Formula One world champion Niki Lauda[17]:

"If the best guy in the world retires it is certainly a sad day. You can say whatever you want, he won seven world championships and he might win another one. There is nobody like him in the world, he is unique. It's sad that he retires. But I know you have to retire one day and I respect that."

Formula One Boss Bernie Ecclestone[16]:

"People have said to me that F1 is boring because he wins everything. So presumably when he's not here, people will be happy. But we'll miss him, because he is a superstar."

FIA president Max Mosley[16]:

"Any top driver when he leaves will be missed. Michael's probably the furthest up the scale of anyone because he's got an unbeaten record. It won't damage F1 in any way but I think all of us who follow it will miss him clearly because he is an exceptional driver."
Formula One world champion and ex-rival Damon Hill:

"It's a brave decision to stop doing something he loves. We sort of know how he'll be remembered but over time his successes will mark an era when his dedication to winning gave the championship colour. I think he'll be doubly motivated to win the championship. He's certainly capable of winning races. I think it's hard to give that up. I think he's doing the right thing for himself."

Formula One world champion and rival Fernando Alonso[16][18]:

"I think we lose and we will miss a great champion on the track. He beat all the records so he has the best numbers in Formula One but I think maybe F1 will focus more on sport after that."

Former Ferrari Formula One driver Gerhard Berger[16]:

"It is a pity for F1 to lose such a great champion, but the time to stop comes to everyone."

Former Formula One driver and two time Champ Car champion Alex Zanardi[16]:

"He has everything to lose and nothing to gain, so it's very logical and sensible to retire while he's on top of his game, but knowing Michael, everything he has been able to do, I think he would still have the energy to continue."

Formula One Driver David Coulthard:

"Winning at Monza was a fitting way to announce his departure. Irrespective of whether people are believers in Michael's race ethics or not, you have to recognise he's been a great champion and it's the end of an era."

Formula One Driver Jarno Trulli:

"We will miss him a little bit as a driver. We will miss him a lot in the football matches."

Formula One Legend Stirling Moss[16]:

"He's done some fantastic drives, he's made some stupid mistakes. He's not a great in my mind like [Juan Manuel] Fangio, but is one of the most talented drivers."

Mercedes motorsport head Norbert Haug:

"For me it is sad to learn that he will retire. With his retirement, an era of Formula One racing ends."

Just to prove that u comprise of those very very less ppl...who try to find faults in his every aspect..be it driving..be it championship...be his comments..be his ferrari.. whatever...

Whole world idolises him....

Well if he wuld be cheater..and Dishonest... Why so much applaud...!!

Ok agreed he might have done some impulse oriented actions..which might look like cheating.. but these things are very very microscopic..as compared to what he has given to F1..

Thats the main reason ppl overlook those nooks...which ur saying Cheats Cheats...Dishonesty...

He has raised F1 to next level.. ...Expanded International Exposure of this game...

In the end...u might say U dont give a damn..what these bunch of IDIOTS say....or what Tiger Woods say...or what Polls from other F1 website says... or what poll from our forum says...or what his STATS say..

coz ur are on to your OWN STANCE.... but ill just say..that ur WRONG..;)

mediator

Technomancer
@drgrudge.........Hey chill man! Ur getting angry.....I dunno for what!
drgrudge said:
By the way what did Sania Mirza, WWE and donkey stories got to do with the current discussion? They are relevant here?
Dont u like comparisons to be put in a debate?? Comparisons/analogy are the first/basic things to make a person understand a problem! Do I need to discuss their importance??
ur dragging the poor guy down unnecessarily! Others have also watched the videos of schumi. Are u trying to say they are dumb?? or cant see properly??

See there are 1000s of ways to drag a person down. But calling him cheat publicly is not OK!

drgrudge said:
Hmm.. shall we have a IE Vs Fx Vs Opera thread here? We have the Nokia Vs SE thread. What were the poll results got to do with the reality outside this board? The poll result here is just the opinions of members who voted here.
Now thats not OK! First u start the thread calling him cheat and making a poll for it. Then when u see that the numbers are highly against ur opinion ..u say what poll has to do with it and then u undermine the importance of polls?? Are u the only one who is aware of reality outside? Do u think others are stupid??
See u expressed ur opinion,voted for a poll. Others did so same way! Is there any difference between u and others?? U r a mod. Are u urself saying indirectly that poll results are manipulated/dont count/or something like that??

Again I say If u dont like the guy then its OK.....but then defaming him publicly is not Ok and then calling ur own debate improper is further no OK!

Neways for IE VS Firefox whateva......u started the irrelevant community thing...then u may proceed with this one tooo!

drgrudge said:
Let ppl like him
They do...dont u??

drgrudge said:
You think MS is god?
Again I say...thats none of mah concerns! I'm mahself an aspiring biker/car racer. So all F1 personalities are like gods to me!

drgrudge said:
The videos were just an "evidence" that he cheated
I think only a few ppl including u are convinced by these videos! Current Poll result says 18%. Reverse the digits => 81% think he is a good boy!

See the only point for me to fight in this debate is to stop achieving personalities like him to be defamed! He might have cheated in 1 or 2 races...all do! But he cant keep on winning like that everytime! And one thing more if u watch all schumi's vids that carefully...then watch other's videos too. U'l find cheating in them too. Like I said negetives can be easily be found in everyone. If look carefully in one u'll find plenty. Rather see the positive. And the positve here is that he's an ace and had won many many chamionships and F1's and that cant be a coincidence everytime!

Neways I'm having mah exams. So showing a little inactivity in da forums. So dont get angry if I post late! I'll show mah usual self after 25 september!

Cheers and wish me GoodLuck!

Last edited:
OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

^^
No point in debating here when many don't know what other members are saying.

Good luck with your exams. :)

geek_rohit

In the zone
mail2and said:
If you say Ferrari are cheats, McLaren are no less. Why did you not mention that Coulthard deliberately stopped in front of Schumacher in rain in 1998(resulting in a crash) denying Schumacher a certain victory. It was the same season in which Hakinnen won narrowly. I can't remember the GP. It was when Schumacher almost hit Coulthard in the pit lane.
Belgian GP - Spa :p

Dipen01

Youngling
^^^
I even hav tha clip...Michael furiously ran towards Mclaren Pit...:p Jean Todt/Ross Brawn stopping him..:D and finally Mclaren Pit Crew stopped him..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom