Is M Schumacher a cheat and an dishonest driver?

My take is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
for the first time, I'm going to agree with mav3. Schumacher may have bent the rules a few times, but he isn't a cheat. Though Michael wasn't the fastest in wet conditions. Who can forget Jean Alesi? :D

Find me another driver who can go faster at the S-bend(2nd turn) at the Japanese Grand Prix.

Though my favourite driver is Webber!

Grudgy, you can't claim that people who have just watched F1 are low-lifes. Even you had watched this sport for the first time some day.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
mail2and said:
Though Michael wasn't the fastest in wet conditions.
Hmm.. yes. The rain master thing is all crap. He is good in wet conditions, but you can't call him rain master. He drives with Bridgestone and we know they're good in the wet conditions. Alonso and Kimi will be better than MS in wet conditions if they drive in Bridgestone.

mail2and said:
Grudgy, you can't claim that people who have just watched F1 are low-lifes. Even you had watched this sport for the first time some day.
I'm not trying to have an authority. What I'm trying to emphasis is he had a bad tainted history. The very fact that we're discussing this topic is proof of what I'm trying to say.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
drgrudge said:
Hmm.. yes. The rain master thing is all crap. He is good in wet conditions, but you can't call him rain master. He drives with Bridgestone and we know they're good in the wet conditions. Alonso and Kimi will be better than MS in wet conditions if they drive in Bridgestone.

No, I don't think Kimi or Alonso can match Schumacher in wet conditions. The reason: Schumacher has 16 yrs of experience. Besides, who is stopping McLaren or Renault from using Bridgestone tires.

If you say Ferrari are cheats, McLaren are no less. Why did you not mention that Coulthard deliberately stopped in front of Schumacher in rain in 1998(resulting in a crash) denying Schumacher a certain victory. It was the same season in which Hakinnen won narrowly. I can't remember the GP. It was when Schumacher almost hit Coulthard in the pit lane.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

mail2and said:
No, I don't think Kimi or Alonso can match Schumacher in wet conditions. The reason: Schumacher has 16 yrs of experience. Besides, who is stopping McLaren or Renault from using Bridgestone tires.
McLaren was using Bridgestone only. Only recently they switched loyalties to Michelin as Bridgestone favored Ferrari. Their tires were custom made for Ferrari.

Anyway next year, all the cars are gonna race with Bridgestone, then we'll see who the real rain master is.

mail2and said:
If you say Ferrari are cheats, McLaren are no less. Why did you not mention that Coulthard deliberately stopped in front of Schumacher in rain in 1998(resulting in a crash) denying Schumacher a certain victory. It was the same season in which Hakinnen won narrowly. I can't remember the GP. It was when Schumacher almost hit Coulthard in the pit lane.
When did I say Ferrari is a cheat?

So if you're quoting a one off incidence, then I invite you to go thro this article and see how much wrong doings of MS is quoted.

I'll tell you guys why MS quit. He CAN win GPs, but he CAN'T win the championships. Plus he made sure that all the records were in his name. He should have quit long back when he felt he was not competitive.

I never questioned MS ability as a driver. As I said earlier he might be good (I don't care) but he lacks ethics and sportsmanship spirit.

Mikka has won 2 Championship only, but I like him every much. He's one of the best drivers around when he raced. He quit when he knew he wasn't competitive. He had the passion and loved F1. MS seems that he's driving for records.

Last edited:
OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Vyasram said:
schumacher- not competitive-546546546 nominations for world's laughter awards
Mr. Vyasram,
You know what happened last season and the first half of this season. MS won 5 years in a row with Ferrari when the car was way too good for other cars by miles. Now dont get me started on the story that Ferrari was not competitive and didn't have the best car in the '98-'99 season.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
No one's doubting Schumacher's driving skills. But that dosen't change the fact that he has no sporting-spirit whatsoever. Winnings important but it isn't everything. If a person is willing to run his own brother off the road you really have to ask if he's an idiot or just cold-hearted?
There are so many athletes who have dominated their respective sports and haven't resorted to the kind of behaviour Schumacher and Ferrari have.
Sachin Tendulkar, Pete Sampras, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan etc. have always played within the rules and everyone respects them for that. Schumacher despite all his records has and always will have his reputation under question.

Vyasram

The pWnster
drgrudge said:
Mr. Vyasram,
You know what happened last season and the first half of this season. MS won 5 years in a row with Ferrari when the car was way too good for other cars by miles. Now dont get me started on the story that Ferrari was not competitive and didn't have the best car in the '98-'99 season.

itz like committing career suicide simply bcoz u r not good. wud anyone recommend anyone to commit suicide if he fails in life. same way, ferrari sucked last year , but it was bcoz of the anti-ferrari rules by the fia to dethrone them. but ferrari and schumacher know they can bounce back and they have done it this season , just two pts diff now.

btw, roseberg made the fastest lap at the season start , now he doesn;t even try to do it. so should he give up and leave f1 as he is not competitive.

and i read this in one of the mags

"the might of great persons are not shown by their continued domination, but by their strength to rise back to the top after a big fall"

ans schumi and ferrari did that this season.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Vyasram said:
itz like committing career suicide simply bcoz u r not good.
What an analogy! So did Micheal Jordan, Sohail Abbas (both of them made a comeback as well), Pete Sampras, Mikka Hakinnen commit suicide? It's sports dude. Can Dustin Hoffman do roles like what he did in Graduate? And now that he doesn't do such roles, can you term he committed suicide? :lol:

Vyasram said:
it was bcoz of the anti-ferrari rules by the fia to dethrone them.
Can we all know what are the so called "anti-ferrari" rules imposed by FIA? Infact, IMO it's the other way around. Alonso was penalized which many would agree shouldn't have done in the first place. Next year, we have only Bridgestone tires which favors Ferrari, etc...

Vyasram said:
"the might of great persons are not shown by their continued domination, but by their strength to rise back to the top after a big fall"
True. Saw Tiger Woods? Got in a slump and now he's #1 again and doing well. Sampras also did that when he retired from competitive Tennis after winning the 2003 US open (brush your memory - He dint really fare well in the previous Grand slams and tournaments).

Now we have MS who won 5 times in a row with Ferrari when the car was way too good for other cars by miles. His car is looking good this season and IMO they got the best package. When he won with Benetton, then also he got the best car and he was caught using 'illegal' fuel also.

I agree that we need a good package and an all round car to win the Championship but whenver MS won, his car was far far better than other cars. Now check the seasons when MS was around and he din't win. Those drivers were just amazing.

Vyasram said:
ans schumi and ferrari did that this season.
Not yet. 3 more rounds to go. Now let me quote what Alonso said. I'm just quoting as my memory goes. Not sure abt the exact words he said.
"I hope that our honesty pays off and we'll come back strongly to win the championship"

Last edited:

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
drgrudge said:
I wrote a loooooong post, and thought I'll post that in my blog. So you guys can see that and respond to what I said there or in this thread.
{Michael ‘Cheatmacher’ is a cheap and an dishonest driver}
*ashwinr.com/2006/09/11/michael-cheatmacher-is-a-cheat-and-an-dishonest-driver/

Guys, you all seem to live in the present. Most of you won't have seen F1 for a long time or grown up watching that biased Steve Slater - Chris Godwin commentary in Star Sports.

By the way, I'm not saying that he's a bad driver (he might be good - I don't care) but he got ZERO ethics and sportsmanship spirit.

i felt really bad to see such a stuckup person like you who would goto such heights to score some brownie points...

its just sad that some crazy people like you have an unexplained hatred of a person who is doing well...

it seems that you had nothing to do better than write all this crap and ferret out all these facts..

i am just 18 years, so i, on my father's advice, am not responding to this article in my usual way of writing

i feel you are a person who never will step back on your wrongs... anyways i am not interested in your tirade

what have you achieved in your life so much that you can judge people of such caliber and you dislike them just by first looks

my last words are that schumi is a driver who has been there at the top right from the beginning.. and he has consistently performed well; not because his car is good or anything but because he is a phenomenal driver

many times recently have some drivers challenged him only to find him too great a legend to rival

and all controversies regd him have proved that he was never in the wrong
even after his monaco incident, the drivers association, of which he is the unanimously elected president, cleared him of all charges. renault chief has clarified now that he was misquouted on his remarks about favouritism by FIA

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
drgrudge said:
He is good in wet conditions, but you can't call him rain master. He drives with Bridgestone and we know they're good in the wet conditions.
OK agreed but now tell me how was he so good when Ferrari used Goodyear while opponents used Bridgestone.
It's the ability of the driver. It's nothing to do with tyres and a bit to do with the car.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
tech_your_future said:
OK agreed but now tell me how was he so good when Ferrari used Goodyear while opponents used Bridgestone.
It's the ability of the driver. It's nothing to do with tyres and a bit to do with the car.
On the contrary driving in the wet has everything to do with the tyres. Why do you think everyone pits for wet-weather tyres as soon as it begins to pour?

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

tech_your_future said:
Lol man. You saw the recent GP (I don't remember - I think round 14 or 15), when Fesichella overtook him, Alonso overtook him. I think he managed to finish 5th or 6th. Our rain master thought that he can drive well in Intermediate tires (when all other driver inc. Massa were in full wet tires) and lol he got f*cked up.

@GeeNeeYes,
I never attacked MS personally other than calling him cheap and dishonest. Anyway I've replied to you in my blog itself.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
it is not entirely true that in rain driving tires are of utmost importance, it certainly does not wholy and solely depend on it either .... rains hav always helped MSC .... another way of putting it MSC has mastered rain driving more than any 1 else on the circuit (1 out of 100s of races does not make much of a difference drgrudge)

i dont understand this ..... every1 of u has named so many drivers who tried to compete with MSC over the years but how did only MSC reign supreme over them all ..... every body wrote schumi off wen he lost the last season (anti-ferrari pole deciding system) and said that he should hav quit wen he was at the top ..... gues wat he has made a come back ..... he is 34 no driver in the current line-up is as old as he is and i dont think there are many of his age that can drive so ruthlessly perfect no matter what the conditions .... u can love him or hate him the fact of the matter is he is better than the best (sena) .... why do we all forget that schumi has been a gr8 driver evr since he came to f1 and he driven himself to victory even in the old cars .....

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
drvarunmehta said:
On the contrary driving in the wet has everything to do with the tyres. Why do you think everyone pits for wet-weather tyres as soon as it begins to pour?
I meant when all are on wet weather tires. No driver can handle if the fault is mechanical. I'd like to see kimi next year in Ferrari and if he can replicate what MS did.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

^^
Mehul! You guys don't understand what the debate is all about. MS is GOOD. We all agree. Otherwise how the hell could he got all the records? But what we're trying to say is MS is NOT great or is a rain master. He is a cheat. Check the instances that I quoted in my blog and answer me to that.

tech_your_future said:
I'd like to see kimi next year in Ferrari and if he can replicate what MS did.
Why all this crap? I never (or anybody here for that matter) say that Kimi is a better driver than MS. But personally I think he's better. Why do you want Kimi to "replicate" what MS did? No need for him to prove. That's not the discussion here. Let him be whatever he wants.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
Re: Michael Schumacher Announces retirement!!

drgrudge said:
M Schumacher recently announced his retirement from Formula One after the Italian GP.

It was a good riddance. Good to see a cheater and an dishonest driver to retire. He should have done that long time back.

I hope that Alonso and Renault win the Drivers and Constructors championships resp.
i guess u know nothing abt F1 and micheal schumacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom