Is it bad for a PC to be powered off with out shutting down..?

ajai5777

Youngling
I do have a UPS.But I have an UL broadband so I download 24X7.So I let PC run when I go out.But some times (may be once in a week or so) power goes and my PC is being powered off after the backup of UPS.I know its bad for HDD.
Please tell me whether its so bad or not.

khmadhu

change is constant!!
u need to tweak power options in control panel.. turn off monitor,hard disk,suspend etc...

if u have a ups (like APC) which provides a software that shuts down u r system automatically when the UPS battery is low. use that.. :)

OP
ajai5777

ajai5777

Youngling
What is meant by fing UPS..?

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

I need a UPS to turn off PC when its in low battery.Also I want to power off the UPS output when the PC is turned off so that my modem will be powered off.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
u need to tweak power options in control panel.. turn off monitor,hard disk,suspend etc...

if u have a ups (like APC) which provides a software that shuts down u r system automatically when the UPS battery is low. use that.. :)

wohho...I didn't know that....I tried a search and found this link:

Back-UPS RS - Product Information

will try it...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I need a UPS to turn off PC when its in low battery.Also I want to power off the UPS output when the PC is turned off so that my modem will be powered off.

APC 650Va comes with a cable & a software. when electricity vanish, the UPS turns PC off automatically. not sure if it turns itself off. but i don't think modem will be turned down by UPS. they are still UPS :p

OP
ajai5777

ajai5777

Youngling
I plug a surge protector in UPS backup port and connect all things to it.
Monitor,CPU,Modem,Printer etc..

But BSNL's limited plans are danger I cant let modem turned on in non free time.
Last month my modem downloaded 2GB when my PC was shut down :razz:
I complained and got no help.So its danger to let modem turned on.If I get a solution for this, I can go back to home 600 plan with 2-8 Unlimited.

Top Bottom