Is Gaming a Childish Activity? ( In India )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Age - 13 :twisted:
Profession - Student
Fav. Games - Crysis, COD4, AssassinsC, GRID, Stranglehold, MASS EFFECT, etc..... many, many to name.

Well, many people who see me gaming call me a small child, etc but ignore them. My friends tell me that they don't understand why I take gaming so seriosly. Most of them are fools. One kid from my standard installed Vice City recently and played it. I asked where did you reach, he said that theres nothing to do in it. I was amazed. I said, do the story mission and he asked HOW ? :lol: I said follow the marker, he answered me by saying that if I go behind the marker, it runs away from me :lol: :lol:. See, this fools don't understand the true potential of gaming. I wish to build my carrer on gaming. My parents have no objection with it. Those who think gaming is a childish act, SUX :D. Those who tell that gaming is childish, ask them to make a replica of Crysis or atleast GTA : Vice City. Then they will understand. :)Happy gaming fellow gamers :).

Davidboon

In the zone
i dont agree that Gaming a Childish Activity .
kpopwer mania is true , most of my peers think developing games is matter of seconds.and some even cannot understand the plot of games, surely gaming is not for them,
but what the hell ,they know that it takes years of rigorous devolopment to make games. im not allowed to play games frequently as im in class 11th now. but whenever i get time i enjoy my free time playing games.
well its only a matter of days when people will realise what games are up to.
then we will show them what we gamers are.
after all gaming is being adopted as a profession nowdays.
well this concept is still not widespread in india, but we gamers will show others.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
GAMING IS NOT CHILDESH.

Profession: IT Field
Experience: 7 years.
Like: Crysis, COD4, UT3, Bioshock, GTA Series, Assassins Creed.

If gaming is childesh, why do people go for movies like Tomb Raider, Dark Night, Superman....I think gaming is a superb medium entertainment. It is the epitome of technology + visual experience + sound experience...! I love games. Its much much better than watching cable tv (with 1000+ advertisements in between).

Games today are well researched out, take years to develop, extreme marketing,with excellent after sales service. Its an industry churning $$$$$$$$. Nopes it cannot be childesh at all.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Profession : s/w engineer :( (it sucks...)

Gaming is for noob. someone said.??

i would say ok.move on.my life let me do what i want.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
certainly gaming is not childish. . i'm not interested in building a career on gaming , atleast not yet. . .but i am interested in hobby game developing..

1. age - 18
2. profession - student
3. POP series , assassins creed , GRID .. . going to play mass effect.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
I think in India it still seems like a childish activity.
Its taken serious only by a marginal cult.
Cuz very few professional gamers from India have made it too World Cyber Games & I cant remember anyone winning there.
And since our parents are worried about our future ... They can't stand seeing us playing comp. games.
Cuz parents think that their children are just deriving pleassure ... I mean they are ignorant about the money aspect too.

But since all of the gamers don't play to become pro's ... They just do it for timepass and all .... They too face the music.

But times are changing.And in few years ...When India stars producing world class gamers ....Who become financially stable ... Will open new prospects for the gaming industry here too.
And then the parents would be lenient.For sure.

Profession: Student.
Games:Nearly all PC games excluding RPG's

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
To Computer peoples I say this, Game is a complete program that can strip **** outta ur system and shows what's it is capable of 'cause Games use huge databases of texture and audio files thus testing HDD drive's and RAM's capability of data exchange. HQ graphics and audio test out the system's Processing power. The highly complex A.I programmes running in the form of NPC behaviour test the complex program running capability of the machine. I ask them if they know anyother piece of program that can stress out a system's all the components like this all at once. Believe it or not but I've met with victorious silence every time.

well said man......:cool: .cause they don think abt games, to understand them.....its their misfortune........they'll go & concentrate on movies (stupid movies) instead :x

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Age: u can count by my User Profile Name....i.e 85 (1985)
Profession: Software Developer in MNC, Part-Time Gamer
Games I like: Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time,Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword,The Thing ,many more titles...:D

Gaming as we all know a different dimension....:rolleyes: so..playin games is just like for
entertainment...njoyment & TP....:cool: just every body does either by goin 2 cinema or watching TV etc....

My father sometimes scold me if i play games 4 long time...like 4-5 hrs...he restricts
me only play it 4 1-2hrs limit...bcoz my eyes will get damaged...sitting 4 long in front
of monitor...hehe ;-)

Playing games is easy...but developing them is damn difficult :cool:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
but u know one thing.....

india is a nation of a billion(and counting...) digit forum have membership of 40k....active are abt 5k max.... in that 5000... how many will come to this thread...its simple logic...
people who love and play games will be a minority..thers nothing to be done..other than ignore....

play what games u like..dont bother other..its just a game...thats all to it...

gaming is after all a hobby for 90% for those who play in india ...only 10% make money..and those are people who are unkown.... just some time ago fellow memebers of another forum...where gamers only congregate.....1 team made abt 20lacs..1 team made abt 20k.... i said this to some colleagues of mine and they were really...GENUINELY intd.... what it says is that..when they see actually that gaming can be done for something worthwhile....people do take heed....

Until that happens widespread in India..... i have only one thing to say...]

keep on gaming....

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
ah the platform to share my experience :)

just day before night(i am at home n spending holidays) i was playing DOTA Warcraft at 12 o'clock in the night n my parents came n scolded me like hell. :mrgreen:
wen ever my DAD sees me or my brother playing games he starts making fuss that its all wastage of time n brain.:sad:

anyway he does not know that i want to be a game developer. :lol:

Profession: IT STUDENT 3rd year
Games:WARCRAFT, DOTA, MAX PAYNE, TOMB RAIDER, HITMAN, AOE.
want to play games like crysis,gear of war,assasin creed, but i dont hav that high config system:sad:. but i hope i will have it some day of my own money.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i was playing DOTA Warcraft at 12 o'clock in the night n my parents came n scolded me like hell. :mrgreen:
wen ever my DAD sees me or my brother playing games he starts making fuss that its all wastage of time n brain.:sad:

Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki ... :D

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Profession - 3rd year Computer Science & Engineering.
Games - Anything except sports and horror. Love RPGs and MMORPGs.

I'm a gamer, as well as a game hacker. I create trainers and cheating utilities for games. People I know think its just a waste of time, because only those who dont know to play a game properly, cheat. But I dont care, its knowledge that matters :) I just got my hands on Kung Fu Panda and about to create a trainer for the same :)

Not exactly the same situation as others, but quite similar. Game Dev is as much an industry as web development. More complex, actually. A web developer needs to know some languages and creativity, whereas a game dev needs to know languages, have creativity, understand physics and math concepts, good design skills etc...

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
want to play games like crysis,gear of war,assasin creed, but i dont hav that high config system:sad:. but i hope i will have it some day of my own money.

hey don worry man,.........one day u'll go to a job, then u can get urself an Alieware PC or Xbox 720 :rolleyes: & they play Crysis 3 or Far Cry 4..........:cool:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Profession - 3rd year Computer Science & Engineering.
Games - Anything except sports and horror. Love RPGs and MMORPGs.

I'm a gamer, as well as a game hacker. I create trainers and cheating utilities for games. People I know think its just a waste of time, because only those who dont know to play a game properly, cheat. But I dont care, its knowledge that matters :) I just got my hands on Kung Fu Panda and about to create a trainer for the same :)

Not exactly the same situation as others, but quite similar. Game Dev is as much an industry as web development. More complex, actually. A web developer needs to know some languages and creativity, whereas a game dev needs to know languages, have creativity, understand physics and math concepts, good design skills etc...

What platform..you use..for your "game development"...sounds interesting...can you guide..us a bit...or create a guide..???

What all tools are needed...?

Bandu

Journeyman
Gaming is definitely not childish. Those who think so (my wife) are total nOObs. I am heavliy into it - NFS, Quake and all that stuff and have been so ever since the days of Prince n Doom I.

+'s: Creative, Fun, Challenging, Good for your brain*
-'s: Unsociable (might be at times), Addictive, Neverending.

- Bandu.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Source: *www.out-law.com/page-3598

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Gaming is not childish, but it's a great way to waste valuable time, just as watching television is. Think of all the things you put off or could not accomplish for "want of time" and then see the number of hours you spend gaming, watching television or aimlessly browsing the internet.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
not at all childish. gaming is only understood by mature people, those who think gaming is a waste of time are childish.
age 16
profession: student
favourite games:tekken,dragonballz, def jam, god of war, patapon etc,etc

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Games : NFS MW, Carbon, CS, Halo, IGI, Serious Sam etc.

I ain't a hardcore gamer as I do not own a powerful rig. I do love gaming & I think those who say it's stupid or childish, don't know what are games ??

They don't know the puzzles in games like prince of persia and all. They just think of the blood and gore & think we will turn violent. :))

Gaming is still not so developed in India but it will surely gain a foothold in coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom