Is Bsnl broadband speeds increased by 100%?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
yes :( :mad:

*i.minus.com/ibr6X59umeB8Fg.jpg

These new plans make no sense. :mad: Why would someone pay 650/- for 256 Kbps with a 3 GB limit, when paying just 499/- (151/- lower) for BB Home Unlimited 499 gives you 256 Kbps without FUP or limits today? Or is BSNL killing off flat Unlimited plans? Even the BB Home Combo Unlimited 625 is cheaper.
Are you sure my 625 Home combo UL will remain Unlimited. Hope it does :Fingerx:

have UL900 ...4MBPS upto 8gb....256KBPS later...see no difference till now
You will get 8 mbps and 512 kbps :wink:

R2K

In the Zone
^^
So in short there is no more UL plans faster than 256kbps for less than 1000 bucks....
Actually They just increased the price in a very cunning manner by introducing new stupid plans....WTF is wrong with Indian ISPs ...
I just don't get it....:x
Don't these people know about how cheap and fast is internet getting in other countries . And here its getting more expensive and slow day by day. :X

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Check your place. Ask cablewallahs. They always have some 'interesting' & very much profitable plans.

R2K

In the Zone
^^ Check your place. Ask cablewallahs. They always have some 'interesting' & very much profitable plans.

Thats the problem.... At my place (kerala) if you need broadband conn., the only choice is BSNL Dataone unless one is ready to go with tata photon and other wireless solutions which you know can't be even compared in terms of performance.

saswat23

Human Spambot
IMO Reliance has the best BB plans as of now. Mostly all plans are UnLimited and even dont have any dissapointing FUPs.
Though they have some FUPs but still the degraded speed is not that slow.
Check here:-
Reliance BB Plans:
Welcome to Reliance Communications
Reliance BB UL Combo plans:
Welcome to Reliance Communications

I have the 900 combo plan currently. Hopeless because within first week speed drops down to 256kbps. Will be awesome if speeds were 512kbps after 8gb. But 1mbps at 750 per month sounds so awesome if they actually bring it out. Wish they do :(

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
There are lots of happening inside BSNL regarding bandwidth upgradation on wired broadband segment. Earlier we shared a story that BSNL is on its way to upgrade bandwidth as BSNL officials at Andra Pradesh asks for this to BSNL HQ. Currently BSNL enjoys a monopoly in broadband market mostly due to its widest coverage over the country. BSNL offers broadband along with basic telephony on copper lines using ADSL technology, though at places BSNL has deployed VDSL and Fiber optical lines to offer broadband services. In 2007 BSNL went a massive speed upgradation – basic plans got 2Mbps, a jump from much slower 256kbps. That enabled BSNL’s strong hold on broadband market but with the time other ISPs turned to be more favourable to subscribers on speed and tariff.

In Hyderabad Beam Telecom now offers FTTx plans with awesome plans actually with threat coming from Beam and other ISPs in coming days, BSNL is going its way to upgrade the bandwidth on some plans. BSNL officials at Andra Pradesh said that current unlimited plans like 750UL and 625ULCombo plans will see double speed very soon. There was no comment regarding bandwidth upgrade from 2Mbps on basic broadband plans.Though there is no official report about bandwidth upgradation from BSNL, many users at Hyderabad is experiencing double speed (~ 1 Mbps) on their 512 kbps unlimited plans.

*i.lulzimg.com/8a3feafe73.png

*i.lulzimg.com/518e95d4f2.png

But also same time some users did not find any speed upgrade, I guess BSNL is testing in selected exchanges and state-wise upgradation will be done soon. Last but not the least, deprived and frustrated BSNL broadband users in other circles may probably have to wait till March, 2012 till BSNL is to complete this country-wide upgradation.

*i.lulzimg.com/8b00b243ff.png

If you are a BSNL Broadband user experiencing more speed than your allotted speed do let us know via comments via speedtest results.
Screenshot Shared By Panchmahalkar Prajwal (HYD)

source: tele com talk

Top Bottom