IRCTC improved, finally !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Managed the impossible today. Got a ticket for myself in Garib Rath 3A. ( highest preferred train and class ) :p
All the tickets were exhausted within 4 minutes. I finished in first 40 seconds only.
As soon as the clock hit 9:59 , I started refreshing , and as soon as the book option appeared , I fired in the hole. :)
All information already written and on Clipboard.

Had all my passwords checked , and had 4 different cards kept handy. Fail-Proof plan.
But thanks to the new and improved IRCTC. I am impressed. This is exactly what I always wanted. Good job , Indian Railways.

Congrats man. But only 40 seconds? I highly doubt you could have broken my record. :p
Check the book time on your ticket. And post the exact time. ;)

kaz

right here
Managed the impossible today. Got a ticket for myself in Garib Rath 3A. ( highest preferred train and class ) :p
All the tickets were exhausted within 4 minutes. I finished in first 40 seconds only.
As soon as the clock hit 9:59 , I started refreshing , and as soon as the book option appeared , I fired in the hole. :)
All information already written and on Clipboard.

Had all my passwords checked , and had 4 different cards kept handy. Fail-Proof plan.
But thanks to the new and improved IRCTC. I am impressed. This is exactly what I always wanted. Good job , Indian Railways.

:cool:
Which ISP and Card you used?
I have seen using ICICI card for payment is much faster than SBI card's

Hrishi

:cool:
Which ISP and Card you used?
I have seen using ICICI card for payment is much faster than SBI card's
ICICI Bank Net Banking.+ 512kbps broadband.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats man. But only 40 seconds? I highly doubt you could have broken my record. :p
Check the book time on your ticket. And post the exact time. ;)

Yeah , I mean close to that. That was a metaphor. I think , It was booked at 10:01:04 AM . Close enough.
I mean on IRCTC site , I didn't spend too much time. Tried to proceed as fast as possible.

Last edited:

kaz

right here
Booked a ticket in General Quota @10:04 am for Oct 8th

I remember we bashed IRCTC for being so slow its now faster than Google :p

Neo

So kota-patna express got a 650 waiting at 8:05 am. Yeah 5 mins. My mind =blown. So i had to book a ticket from Indore.

Gollum

Collector
I am not able to login
WHY the Faq is it not able to reset my password, Goddamn it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom