IRCTC improved, finally !

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Forget tatkal, come durgapuja when tickets will open for booking (60 days) some trains in and out of Kolkata will be booked in 20 minutes.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Real test of IRCTC is to book a Tatkal ticket from/to Bihar in July. And that's what I tried to do today.

I prepared for 3 days for this. I put down all the details in notepad including Credit card number so that it save me to "type" it when I had to book it. I knew I would get only one chance to book a ticket for someone who needed to come from Bihar to Delhi. It was 9:30 when I checked everything. Entry of the passenger in "Master Passenger List"? Checked. Created a "Favourite Journey List"? Checked. Mock booking to let my muscle learn the movements while booking a ticket? Checked.

It was 10 finally. And I clicked the book button. It was 250 seats available when I proceeded for payment gateway. By the time I got back from the payment gateway, only 90 seconds was passed. And I was about to do my victory dance. But in a shocking twist I saw that the ticket I just booked was not confirmed. And it got a WL/69. I was like, "What The Effing F...?" :|

Well, about 318 was already booked in under 90 seconds, while I hesitated to put my banking password while booking. I underestimated the time, and took a little bit more time than I should have taken. I lost the race. :(

Well, since than the waiting list have come down to 26. But if it doesn't confirm by 9:30 am tomorrow, I will try yet again. This time I will be more prepared. :rage:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Today was a day I finally did my victory dance. It was about to be 9:30 again. My yesterday's booking was still showing number 18 in the waiting list. I didn't have any choice. I wanted a confirmed ticket. So I decided to try to book a tatkal ticket from Bihar to Delhi, Yet again.

Cracked my knuckles, did mock bookings, and synchronized PC watch with that of IRCTC. On the count when the clocked strike 9:59:59 I clicked the book button. Nervously clicked the buttons, entered Captchas, and filled card details with hands which was shaking with equal amount rage and equal amount excitement. As soon as the banking password was filled, my eyes was fixated on the 19" monitor in hopes of getting a confirmed ticket. And then it happened. It was confirmed. I elated with joy. Did high fives with colleagues who had been a silent spectator and was enjoying the show while I was perspiring in the cold. It felt like I had unlocked an achievement. And guess what I think I just did.

Booked a Tatkal ticket in just 65 seconds! That must be a record. I think I can still break it though. :p :doublethumb:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Today was a day I finally did my victory dance. It was about to be 9:30 again. My yesterday's booking was still showing number 18 in the waiting list. I didn't have any choice. I wanted a confirmed ticket. So I decided to try to book a tatkal ticket from Bihar to Delhi, Yet again.

Cracked my knuckles, did mock bookings, and synchronized PC watch with that of IRCTC. On the count when the clocked strike 9:59:59 I clicked the book button. Nervously clicked the buttons, entered Captchas, and filled card details with hands which was shaking with equal amount rage and equal amount excitement. As soon as the banking password was filled, my eyes was fixated on the 19" monitor in hopes of getting a confirmed ticket. And then it happened. It was confirmed. I elated with joy. Did high fives with colleagues who had been a silent spectator and was enjoying the show while I was perspiring in the cold. It felt like I had unlocked an achievement. And guess what I think I just did.

Booked a Tatkal ticket in just 65 seconds! That must be a record. I think I can still break it though. :p :doublethumb:
Happy for you and particularly for the execution :D

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
i booked a ticket today(general) and now im unable to cancel it, as it is not appearing in any of the old or new website :(
though typing the PNR in the new page shows no records

- - - Updated - - -

63 3A tickets over in 4 minutes, before i book a ticket,
WORST WEBSITE STILL, DOUBLE CLICK AND EVERYTHING GONE, AND 3 CAPTCHAS, GETS STUCK NEAR PAYMENT GATEWAY FOR A MINUTE AND ALL TICKETS GONE
AGAIN 10 2A TICKETS LEFT FROM BEGINING! TRIED 2A AND THEY WERE OVER TOO, GETTING ANGRY:mad::mad::muttering::muttering::cryeyesout::cryeyesout::punch::punch::hissyfit::hissyfit::wah::wah::pullhair::pullhair::banghead::banghead::tired::tired::lightsabre::lightsabre::boxing::boxing::wwe::wwe::argue::argue::machinegun::machinegun::mallet::mallet::bandanafighter::bandanafighter::enforcer::enforcer::enforcer2::enforcer2::sword::sword:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Dude... I was not able to get "One" confirm ticket under Tatkal, even when I booked in just 90 seconds (a minute and a half) and you are cribbing that you couldn't book a ticket in 4 min?
Make yourself fast. Practice mock booking. :p

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
The website catches the booking info incase the session expires before payment is made.

thats really good. my session expired, and then again after i logged in, it gave a popup saying if i wanted to continue with the previous booking info.

pretty cool! :)

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
The website catches the booking info incase the session expires before payment is made.

thats really good. my session expired, and then again after i logged in, it gave a popup saying if i wanted to continue with the previous booking info.

pretty cool! :)

cool eh? i clicked 2 times and poof! gone, threw me outside

- - - Updated - - -

^^ Dude... I was not able to get "One" confirm ticket under Tatkal, even when I booked in just 90 seconds (a minute and a half) and you are cribbing that you couldn't book a ticket in 4 min?
Make yourself fast. Practice mock booking. :p

we are not experts like you sir, just small boy who uses general quota than tatkal
until now i think i have booked only 2-4 tatkal tickets successfully!

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
Welcome to Next Generation e-Ticketing website !!!You can access eticketing site directly at *nget.irctc.co.in

I have getting a message from DM-IRCTCi

you have been migrated to new system *nget.irctc.co.in

- - - Updated - - -

what is TPIN ????

Hrishi

Guys , how is the performance and accessibility of the website these days for IRCTC in morning within tatkal/emergency hours ?
I need to book a ticket tomorrow , was wondering if there's any possibility that I might end up getting timeout errors throughout the duration ?

I will be travelling in the western railway route.
New Delhi - > Mumbai Route.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Guys , how is the performance and accessibility of the website these days for IRCTC in morning within tatkal/emergency hours ?
I need to book a ticket tomorrow , was wondering if there's any possibility that I might end up getting timeout errors throughout the duration ?

I will be travelling in the western railway route.
New Delhi - > Mumbai Route.

Performance of IRCTC is top notch. And that's why tickets booked in seconds. That's why I advise to do mock bookings. That is to practice booking with all the details filled in, just not complete the transaction. Read my previous experience shared no a page before.

Hrishi

Performance of IRCTC is top notch. And that's why tickets booked in seconds. That's why I advise to do mock bookings. That is to practice booking with all the details filled in, just not complete the transaction. Read my previous experience shared no a page before.
Well yes , today I tired mock booking at around 11AM . It went smooth.
Seems , I might stand a chance tomorrow. :)

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
You won't face any timeouts, probably, but do check a day before that how fast the train gets booked in which you intend to. I'm saying this as there are some trains in which booking is just not possible.

kaz

right here
Website is working fine, but the problem is that in some routes its impossible to get a ticket...2-3 days back my friend booked a tatkal ticket from Ranchi to Yeshwantpur @10:03am using IRCTC and he got WL 40 :lol:

Another friend was booking a tatkal ticket to New Delhi few days ago and he was at 1st position at the counter, but it showed him regret :lol:

I don't know where are the tickets going so fast :p

Hrishi

Website is working fine, but the problem is that in some routes its impossible to get a ticket...2-3 days back my friend booked a tatkal ticket from Ranchi to Yeshwantpur @10:03am using IRCTC and he got WL 40 :lol:

Another friend was booking a tatkal ticket to New Delhi few days ago and he was at 1st position at the counter, but it showed him regret :lol:

I don't know where are the tickets going so fast :p
rofl ...thats hilarious but bad at same time.
i am going in the western railways so it will be less hassle.
this.morning.have to book a ticket and do the impossible.....

kaz

right here
Yeah!!! It very much depends on the route...Yesterday I booked a tatkal ticket from Delhi to Patna for a friend and guess what the ticket was booked for yesterday only, 3hours before the train departure :p

Hrishi

Managed the impossible today. Got a ticket for myself in Garib Rath 3A. ( highest preferred train and class ) :p
All the tickets were exhausted within 4 minutes. I finished in first 40 seconds only.
As soon as the clock hit 9:59 , I started refreshing , and as soon as the book option appeared , I fired in the hole. :)
All information already written and on Clipboard.

Had all my passwords checked , and had 4 different cards kept handy. Fail-Proof plan.
But thanks to the new and improved IRCTC. I am impressed. This is exactly what I always wanted. Good job , Indian Railways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom