ipod or se 810i???

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krazyfrog

It comes with 512 mb card. 2 gb will come around 1.6k (fake).

R

rake

we used to play them regularly in our class

Lolz....what was it, music or lecture? I m also recording class room lectures these days throught my phone.

Pathik

Google Bot
loool... music of course... and during free lectures of course... :D
The music simply rocks... a friend even had a iPod deck wit speakers in it...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ :D
hehe... see digitians are ready to give freaking ideas and help in everything!!!! serious or mischievious!!! ;)

@dtox
good bargain sir! great deal! now download some essential software and get to kno more abt ur phone. refer these threads:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54869
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54563
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54672
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52411
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52502
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39610
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50414
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47263
*funisland.110mb.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=149
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44368
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41199
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42022
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37636

there.. lotsa links to keep u busy for sometime! :) btw, the posts are cross-models; meaning most of them are not model specific. if they say something for one model of SE phone u can expect it to work on urs! :)

haf a good time wid ur cell! :)

one more:

*www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=119861

Last edited:

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
dtox said:
well. just to inform everyone, i got a new 810i!!! :D n lemme tell u.. its awesome!! sound quality is better than ipod.. but i think thts bcoz se headphones r of better quality.. camera is good.. feels like i got a 512 mb pod!!! thanks for ur help guys.. much much appreciated!!! :D

Good choice dude!

Post some pis taken from it :D

R

rake

Congrets, now keep few things in mind which I guess are already posted in forum few times

1) Download & Use Myphoneexplorer 1.59. The best management app for SE phones, another option is Float's Mobile Agent but I prefer myphoneexplorer

2) Mp3 play louder in volume in W810i, but MP4 gives more "contained" audio means less distortion. To use mp4 audio, use any m4a encoder such as nero encoder (search for this in forum) & use the settings as 128kbps AAC-LC\MP4 Audio with 44.1KHz Sample rate. In my case I use quicktime or Riverpast audio convertar (using quicktime engine)

3) For video, do 2 things. Encode a video like a music video at 196kbps Video bitrate & 64kbps Audio bitrate. Encode it at both 176X144 pixel resolution & 320X240 pixel resolution. Check 2 things, wether it can play 320X240 video at all & wether playing 176X144 Video full screen results in video stretching.

4) You can check this blog to learn how to acess your Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, Windows live messenger

5) Check this thread about how to get yahoo Mails , GMail & Windows Live Mail on your phone. Which SIM are you using?

6) You must be having Photoshop? Check this thread on How to enhance pics taken from Mobile phones

7) Post some pics & videos taken from it. W810i has high bitrate video encoding & due to inbuilt nVidia engine, it doesn't pixelate that much if moving the camera during video capture.

Some essential apps for all SE phones are as said above, Myphoneexplorer for PC & Opera Mini, YMSG, Talkonaut & Live Messenger.

IM+ is better, but it is paid service. Do not use talkonaut for accesing your Yahoo messenger.

OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
thanks inra_red_dude for the links.. n rake for the info.. :D.. i m now tryin to flash my firmware.. they say u can put flash menus.. so tryin tht.. wish me luck!! meanwhile chk this out..
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRtzrVT5Xbo

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
check this link, its for my w700i but find the rite files for w810 and follow the exact procedure!

flash ur phone:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54672

find w810 firmware from se-nse or topsony.

btw, ur phone has inbuilt support for flashlite and flash based themes! :)

Last edited:
OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
ok.. this is major.. i screwed up my 810i.. wz tryin to flash my filesystem to unbrand it.. but accidently flashed the main with the fbn file!! now it gives me configuration error contact ur services provider error.. ne ideas??

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
do u haf the .mbn main file? flash it in the main file field. if nothing works out then install the sony ericsson update service and run it (wid active net connection) it'll flash ur phone wid official SE firmware wid the dcu 60 cable. follow the proc on screen. its very simple. it'll restore ur phone to factory settings in minutes! :) dun worry, haf an SE and nothing will go wrong wid SEUS. u can always get things back as they were no matter how badly u screw it! :D

btw, why do u need to unbrand it? it is already unbranded!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
are nahi yaar..i have tried wit mbn file.. i wz tryin to put the flash menus.. !! everything is fine.. just tht i cant find custom files for my region!! else everything would have been ok..neway, lets hope u r correct!! Thanks a lot buddy for the quick reply!! :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i can't understand what do u mean by flash menus? flash the firmware wid custom menus? or flashlite based menu icons (flashlite based themes)?

unless u are upgrading or downgrading ur firmware u do not need the customisation files. u only need the virtual main firmware file to (breaker) to be able to access ur phone in far manager. then after u job's done revert back to the orginal main firmware as explained in the article.

anyways, u can never go wrong wid SEUS. it'll set ur phone back to the original state! :)

woopsie! sorry missed the youtube link!! ok.. got it..

customisation files can be found out at se-nse forums and topsony. register there first...

Last edited:
OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
dude. .thts where i checked first.. se-nse and topsony didnt have the customised files for my firmware.. i wz upgrading my firmware.. so needed those files.. i just need S_ASIA_LEVAN_RED49 custom files for cda 102474 and SUES didnt work! :(.. nethin else i cn do? and if i take this to the services will they charge me for it?? coz i bought the phone 2 days ago..

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
not possible man! seus din work??!!!! what error did it give??

well... dun worry.

worst case scenario:
take it to the service center. tell them u were updating via seus and there was an update failure and now what u haf is this! they'll flash the rite firmware.

but i still doubt! seus is capable of recovering dead phones to life!!! what error message does it give?

ps: had warned ppl in that thread. get the rite files first then start!!!!

Last edited:
OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
same error.. after i start the phone in start phone, i immediately get an error sayin "configuration error. contact service provider...".. i need those custom files man.. n everythin will b okay.. coz i upgraded my file system as wel as the firmware.. so those customised files which i put, werent compatible wit my firmware, so phone isint starting... wat sues does is, it upgrades firmware.. not filesystem.. so logically tht cant help.. :(

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well buddy, the customisation files are downloaded wid the main firmware! which firmware did u upgrade to? and where did u get it from?

the main firmware i downloaded has various customisation built into it. so i can select it from the drop down box in xs++.

Last edited:
OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
i downloaded W810_R4EA031_MAIN_GENERIC_HN_RED49 as the .mbn file.. for upgrading firmware and W810_R4ED001_FS_S_ASIA_LEVAN_RED49 for upgrading filesystem.. the problem wit upgrading file system is tht it needs new custom packs for recognising itself.. i replaced those custom files wit the wrong ones.. so its giving me problem.. wat ur firmware version?? i mean could u gimme ur firmware details pls.. ?? read more here.. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54527&page=4

installing a custompack:* Only do THIS if you get the configuration error!*
/tpa/preset/custom
Get them from topic: Custpack Library or topsony .
Use with caution, double-double-check your CDA-string & region!! (must be compatible with your FS & MAIN).
Custompacks contain files that finalize your fresh filesystem (FS). Customize.xml is editable with notepad.

sadly, i didnt chk cda string.. region is correct.. mine is 102494.. i by mistake put 102555.. but custom packs for 102494 r not available.. u r my last hope b4 i turn to se for solutions!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom