ipod or se 810i???

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
pathiks said:
there are 62 original ngage games.. Hav u played all :D ?? Btw w810i is out of production now.. Perhaps.. So wait for the w580i.. Its a beauty

played most.. dare i say i downloaded them from the net, installed on phone n completed em... i have mostly all the latest ngage games.. u name it!! now i want more!!!! :D n i don think 810i is outta production..is it???

moshel said:
thats why i hav separately bought a ipod 1gb solely for music.although the one i got is a "miniature" one....30gb wud be big....so u m8 be in a fix abt how to carry abt both things in this case...think over it...

yeah mate..i am thinkin over it.. thts wat tilts the balance towards 810i..

and just outta curiosity, is the audio quality of 550i better than 810i??

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well if audio's played thru the onboard speakers, then yes. w550i has an edge over w810i (stereo speakers, widening...) but thru the headset, its the same....

OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
but isint 550i less expensive than 810i?? logically 810i 's audio shd b better.. n wat r ur views on 710i??

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
dtox said:
but isint 550i less expensive than 810i?? logically 810i 's audio shd b better.. n wat r ur views on 710i??

it is bett..Just that W550i is loud. And dont go for W550, its got 256 MB limited memory, Shitty cam.

W810i is better and if you want you can pick a new model in W610i.

It has all the features of 810i + lighter+ Walkman Player 2.0 :cool:

OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
2kewl said:
it is bett..Just that W550i is loud. And dont go for W550, its got 256 MB limited memory, Shitty cam.

W810i is better and if you want you can pick a new model in W610i.

It has all the features of 810i + lighter+ Walkman Player 2.0 :cool:

hw much is it for?? btw its review at gsmarena arent as good as 810i

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w610-1845.php

so 810i or 610i?? which has a better sound quality n speaker?

Last edited:

supernova

Mr. S Nova
How bout u save a lotta money :) by sticking to ur Ngage and getting ipod shuffle 1 gb... (you'll anyways get default 512 MB of music on 810i)

jamyang312

Journeyman
go for the phone,,,,u get speakers tooo along wid f.m.,,,,plus a great camera too,,,its a nice phone,,,howeva,,,for showing off,,,i pod is good,,but then ,,even the SE is good there,,,make sure u buy an external speaker accessory too,,,that will be a good pair,,

OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
jamyang312 said:
go for the phone,,,,u get speakers tooo along wid f.m.,,,,plus a great camera too,,,its a nice phone,,,howeva,,,for showing off,,,i pod is good,,but then ,,even the SE is good there,,,make sure u buy an external speaker accessory too,,,that will be a good pair,,

hw much for the se accessory??

will my ngage memory card work in 810i?? its a small memory card 256 mb (ncp)

K

krazyfrog

Go for the iPod 30gb and keep your cell for some more time. The 30gb and 80gb has slightly better sound quality than Nano and much better than Shuffle. The Walkman phones sound better to some people but in no way they sound better than the iPod. For a music freak, the iPod is the first preference. Other brands with equally good sound quality are iRiver, Creative and Cowon. If music is first preference, than you should be looking at a dedicated music player and NOT a mobile phone. The only music phone with really good sound quality is N91. If you can stretch your budget for it (Rs. 18.7k), it would be a perfect solution for you. Otherwise buy a separate music player.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
krazyfrog said:
The Walkman phones sound better to some people but in no way they sound better than the iPod.

which ipod? shuffle? if so, then i do not agree. its all upto personal preference. this cannot be generalised. my ears say my w700 sounds better than ipod shuffle (same song, encoded in same format + bitrate). my phone has preset and manual eq, megabass, shuffle, fm, i can view video, passive noise cancellation earbuds (comes bundled), allows me to plugin any headphone/earbuds, allows me to extend the memory upto 4gb (as of now) and the battery actually lasts as much as the ipod shuffle in flight mode (yeah, i've tested it!). i'd say no point in buying ipod shuffle. at least i wudn't! i can't comment on nano or video as i hafnt used them. but for me, my phone sounds better than any ipod shuffle!!! others may be able to help u out regarding the ipod nano and video comparison.

krazyfrog said:
The only music phone with really good sound quality is N91.

again, i do not agree! jus coz it has a 4gb hdd + bose bundled headphones do not make it the "only" music phone. it is definitely one of the contenders! i found no difference in quality b/w n91 and w830i in terms of audio o/p. again, i say its all how ur ears respond to the music! hence it varies from person to person!

@dtox
nope u cannot use ur existing memory card in SE phones. SE phones use memory stick standard. the prev. gen. phones used memory stick pro duo. the latest ones use memory stick micro (m2). as of now, it is more expensive than all others and only available upto 1gb.

w550i is cheaper coz if doesn't haf expandable memory (256mb solid state), nly 1.3mp cam widout autofocus, no edge, doesn't come wid bundled speakers.

tho the w810i is ageing, it still is an excellant phone. u can wait for some more time if u wish. many more models (like the w610i, w580 - maybe, w880i) are coming... u may read user reviews for those. can't comment on any as never got a chance to even hold any of the phone in my hand. but the slim phones really catch attention!!

well, i'm very happy wid my phone. customised it to the max, hacking firmware and stuff. but then haf money then buy w810i. give w700i a pass if u can afford to pay more! features where w700 falls behind w810i:
256mb memory, no autofocus, no bundled speakers, no edge.

Last edited:
OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
once again.. thanks for the info infra_red_dude!! :D

infra_red_dude said:
@dtox
nope u cannot use ur existing memory card in SE phones. SE phones use memory stick standard. the prev. gen. phones used memory stick pro duo.

but on this site, its states tht 810i supports pro duo..
*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w810-1402.php

does tht mean ngage card is compatible??

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes sir. thats what i said. the prev gen. of SE phones (k750/w700/w800/w810 etc.) use memory stick pro duo. the newer phones (k790/w580 etC) use M2.

ur ngage uses the MMC standard cards. so they can't be used in SE phones.

K

krazyfrog

infra- no, i wasn't talking about shuffle. Everyone knows its useless and not worth the Apple or iPod tag. I was talking about the 30/80 gb model which has excellent sound quality. And about N91, i'd again say that it really is the only music phone worth considering if you're serious about sound quality. The capacity doesn't matter to me and i really don't think Nokia provides a Bose headphone with it. Being a hardcore music freak, i don't take the sound quality of my devices and speakers lightly. Only after being really impressed i'd recommend something and N91 really did impress me. The sound quality of Walkman phones is really impressive, no doubt. But not more than N91 and no way more than iPod. But as you said, sound quality is very subjective. The idea of good sound differs from person to person. So instead of debating with you as to which sounds better (a never-ending battle no doubt), i'll rather suggest our friend dtox to test the devices himself and choose what sounds best to him.:)
Btw dtox what you have in your qd is an RS-MMC which is NOT compatible with any SE phone as they use Sony's own Memory Stick media.

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
dtox said:
hw much is it for?? btw its review at gsmarena arent as good as 810i

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w610-1845.php

so 810i or 610i?? which has a better sound quality n speaker?

From what I've heard till now, W610 loud speaker is better and quality is as good as 810i if not better.

Here's a review: *www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-w610-en.shtml

Regarding the price, I think it should be around 15K

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
krazyfrog said:
i'll rather suggest our friend dtox to test the devices himself and choose what sounds best to him.:)

rightly said! +1. but hey dtox be sure to use the same format + bitrate while comparing! otherwise the comparison will be useless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom