Iphone 3gs @ 9999 only....

red dragon

Master troll
You guyz crazy or what?!! I can't believe people are actually ordering this. I mean a 3GS???!!! If it were a iPhone 4 at least I would've considered but 13k for a 3GS is just too much. You can get plenty of good phones for the same price.

I think you are the crazy one brother!
Name a single sub 15k half decent android phone!

SunE

Professional Newbie
^^ Hey I never mentioned android. Oh and for the uses that OP mentioned in his last post, a Lumia 710 would've been a better option for him. Anyways I don't have the time & energy to argue with iOS fanboys so be happy with what you have and leave the rest of us alone. Peace! :)

ece2k2

Broken In
You better ask aircel store salesman to explain the terms, they are selling the 3GS for 17k to prepaid users, why would they sell it to postpaid users @ 13k?

I did ask for the T&C - but I don't see any catch as far as I can understand. All I have to do is to cancel the postpaid plan at the end of the 12th month as the billing would start from 13th month. According to the Aircel salesman, this is just a stock clearance sale. Not sure why this offer is not open to prepaid customers though.

Thanks!

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Hey I never mentioned android. Oh and for the uses that OP mentioned in his last post, a Lumia 710 would've been a better option for him. Anyways I don't have the time & energy to argue with iOS fanboys so be happy with what you have and leave the rest of us alone. Peace! :)
Isn't Lumia 710 about 18k? I think you mean 610, that's cr@p.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Nokia Lumia 710: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

@tkin do your research buddy.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Not a bad deal...
What sort of Postpaid plans are available?
btw, Aircel's Network is not good. (Currently Using it)

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I think it will be locked to Aircel Sim only, just like in USA.

It will be unlocked. Source : Probably the cheapest iPhone in the world: On India's Aircel | NDTV Gadgets

But not sure if the Aircel 3g Plan can be accessable from datacards. But you can use other SIM cards in that phone. :wink:

Rohan_B

Journeyman
Decent android around 15k ?
Xperia U . Pwns iphone 3gs in any comparison possible.

No. It doesn't. I know that the Xperia U is a Dual Core 'PowerHouse' as compared to the 3GS with better Camera, RAM etc. But what you must realize is that iPhones are never about the specs. The 3GS with its 600MHz Processor is still buttery smooth and more stable than many of its Android Counterparts with better specs and that is what makes it a great buy even after it being 3 years older.
Whether you accept it or not, iPhones age much slower than their Android Counterparts.

I am not a fanboy(myself an Android User) and I am not trying to start an iOS vs Android Debate here. Just expressing my views.

Last edited:

sameer0306

Broken In
Guys, lemme clear all of your doubts...
I've bought 2 of them, one in Punjab where Aircel has 3G services and another one in Delhi where Aircel doesn't have 3G services.
Forget about Prepaid plan...
Postpaid plans are as follows...
##Delhi (2G Circles)
*Handset cost Rs. 9999/-
*Advance rental for 6 months of Rs. 499/- plan i.e. Rs. 3000/- with new connection.
*Plan includes 1000 minutes of Local/National/roaming calls, 2GB 2G Data and 2500 SMS local/national.
*Total Cost Rs. 12999/-

##Punjab A(3G Circles)
*Handset cost Rs. 9999/-
*Advance rental for 2GB per month 3G data for 12 months Rs. 3000/-. But here is a problem, you either have to have an Aircel postpaid connection or you've to buy it separately.
*A new connection will cost Rs. 950/- i.e. Rs. 450/- advance rental for 3 months of cheapest Rs. 150/- plan and Rs. 500/- security.
*Total Cost Rs. 13950/-

*Phone is factory unlocked and you can use any simcard the moment you get the phone so its upto you whtehther you use Aircel sim or not as you've already paid Rs. 3000/- for that.. I would prefer to use 3G data or 1000 mins calls may be by inserting sim into some other handset.

Guys go buy and enjoy....

I've seen few of my friends here quoting that you can buy another good handsets in this price range.
Will you please be specific, which phones?

Well, lemme guess.... Android....

Please don't compare android with iPhone... Specially don't literally compare specs.
Yesterday one of my friend came to my place and watched "Cut the Rope" on my iPhone4 and got it downloaded on his new Galaxy S Plus (1.4GHz and 512 Ram). And to my surprise, it didn't run properly on Galaxy. Kind of lagging we see during online gaming.
Then I pulled out an old iPhone (Ist Gen iPhone, 412MHz and 128MB ram) installed the same game on it and further surprise, it Ran flawlessly.

raman0890

Broken In
^^ Any other android or windows phone of the same price range is much more VFM than the limited and extremely dated 3GS.

iPhone >
Land phone > Typewriter > 2
cans and a string > Message in a
bottle > Pigeon with a note >Android.. Happy?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
some quality ios apps list "ios only" as a feature

and most of the good cross platform apps still work on the 2nd generation ipods (even older than 3GS)
in fact, future releases of apps list 2nd gen support in ads

ritvij

rated R
Decent android around 15k ?
Xperia U . Pwns iphone 3gs in any comparison possible.

sorry to disappoint to you mate.. 3gs pawns your xperia u in every aspect!
when apple says iphone is an iphone it aint wrong!:p
name one app which runs better on xperia???

Top Bottom