IP address of Yahoo chat users

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithinks

True Techie
In yahoo there are some privacy issues according to which you cant access
ip address of any user who are chatting with u........

I think you can use PING tool to find ip address of any host.format will be something like...

ping www.hostname.com

Ishan

In the zone
go to Ms dos and then write ping then keep space then then name....Well if i am wrong...Anyone or Vandit-->who told me abt this once, pls correct me.

MegaD3th3K

Broken In
i used process explorer while chatting. saw a few IP's in the TCP/IP tab. can anyone tell me what those are.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
nithinks said:
In yahoo there are some privacy issues according to which you cant access
ip address of any user who are chatting with u........

I think you can use PING tool to find ip address of any host.format will be something like...

ping www.hostname.com
Lol!
Ishan said:
go to Ms dos and then write ping then keep space then then name....Well if i am wrong...Anyone or Vandit-->who told me abt this once, pls correct me.
Double LOL!

Hehe.. That aint gonna work dudes! And you cannot get the IP of yahoo chat users. Though you can get the IP's of yahoo messenger buddies! ;)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Best would be to start a server or something and trick them into viewing it, you might get the proxied IP then :)

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
sygate most probably gives the ip of the ym chat server. The chat conversation goest through the server. However I read somewhere that when we transfer files a client to client connection is established. Not sure though. But if that is the case, netstat should give the ip.

And oh Kalpik. I said i am not sure. So no lols and rofls, OK. ::grin::

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
for seeing thier ip address u need to send them a file of at least 1mb so u get direct connection with the person & not with server.now to cammand prompt and type
Code:
netstat -n
from there u can get all ip connected to ur computer.try to close are connection and open only the sending file connection.for furthere queries reply back

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
ilugd said:
sygate most probably gives the ip of the ym chat server. The chat conversation goest through the server. However I read somewhere that when we transfer files a client to client connection is established. Not sure though. But if that is the case, netstat should give the ip.

And oh Kalpik. I said i am not sure. So no lols and rofls, OK. ::grin::
Yup.. right! No Lol's for you! :D

Andyiz

Journeyman
Also load Enivronment , Webcam viewing may also help u to get the ip add using netstat,
Correct me if i am wrong

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Yahoooo puts me on ;)... As QM pointed them get them to open into a link or somewhat and get IP.. using netstat or sygate or any ipsniffing.. it will only get u the IP address of yahoo chat servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom