Intex Firefox Smartphone Announced for less than Rs 2,000

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Intex today announced its association with Mozilla Firefox to bring the world’s most affordable smartphone, Cloud FX, the first Firefox OS device to India Priced in the sub Rs 2000 category, the smartphone will be targeted at first time smartphone users in tier II cities and rural areas and is expected to hit the market first week of August.

Intex-Firefox-phone

Cloud FX will come equipped with all the key features of a smartphone at a never before price without compromising on the quality. It will be the first low cost smartphone to operate on Mozilla Firefox offering a smooth user interface for the first time smart phone user.

Cloud FX will be a dual-sim smartphone with 3.5-inch screen powered by 1 GHz processor, other excellent features include a 2.0 MP camera, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled.

Source -
Intex Cloud FX running Firefox OS launching in August priced under Rs. 2000

Intex Mozilla Firefox Cloud FX priced Rs 2000

$hadow

Geek in making
Well now if they can provide a usable device than we are aiming at maximum smartphone usage and ease of purchase.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, Firefox OS will always be the underdog here in India.

I don't think there is much scope for them to come out with premium phones as long as they stay on crappy Indian brands.

- - - Updated - - -

But great for those seeking lower budget phones. Certainly beats any other phone in the segment.

HBK007

Journeyman
I tried an almost post-alpha stage version of Firefox OS on my phone and altough it was laggy, it had a very easy to use GUI and navigation was easy.
I think at this price can replace the featurephones that people use and give them a fresh experience but I don't think it will be a success if brands like intex take out this phone and not reputed brands that we Indians crave for......
If it had been Microsoft Mobile{Nokia} or even Samsung then the story would be completely different.
PS-The OS won't make hardcore Android users like me switch though.....

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
if the final price will indeed be ~2500, it makes no sense to buy as lenovo a269i with 3g is available for 3k.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
App support is pivotal in the success of any mobile OS. And with Firefox, I am sure app development will not be an issue.

Only thing is that it might take time and progress could be slow. But I intend to review a Firefox device as soon as it comes out! :D

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Intex Cloud FX Firefox OS Smartphone Launched at Rs. 1,999 | NDTV Gadgets

Intex Cloud FX specifications

3.5-inch (320 x 480 pixels) HVGA capacitive touch screen
Firefox OS
1 GHz Processor
128MB RAM, 46MB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
Dual SIM (2G + 2G)
Dimensions: 115.9x62x11.8mm; Weight: 104g
2MP rear camera
2G (EDGE), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
1250mAh

The Intex Cloud FX comes in black color and is priced at Rs. 1,999. It is available for purchase exclusively on Snapdeal. It comes with 1GB of free data from Aircel for one month.

saswat23

Human Spambot
The only thing that I dont like is its RAM. If it had atleast 256MB of RAM, it would have made a much better option.

1. There is Wi-Fi in it but has memory only 128 Mb. (A 20 HP waterpump with a huge water inlet which it can't handle)
2. No 3G (Device is targeted at village segment where there is no 3G)

But touch-screen+SD-card+Bluetooth is a big positive at this price. Intex is offering something far better than crappy 3,000 rupees non-touch(full of operational fatigue), triple SIM phones of Micromax. So, China is attacking. MM has lot to worry now.

Edited: On a recheck, i found it support only 4GB external memory.

Last edited:

mrigankgarg

Broken In
any one tried intex cloud fx. how's the performance.

I am looking for a touch phone(basic and cheap) android, firefox, others not matters but should live min. 2years atleast.
confused between
1. Intex Cloud FX ---- Rs 1999 - Snapdeal
2. Spice Fire One ---- Rs 2399 - Snapdeal.

I already used other spice phones, they last for max. 1 year after if they survive its your luck :lol:
Any suggestions or other options. Had any one tried the Gionee

Top Bottom