Internet Download Manager Problem

coolvivs

Broken In
[Solved] Internet Download Manager Problem

I have installed Internet Download Manager (IDM) on my laptop, it does not take over download from chrome, firefox or IE and download the file through browser. I have re installed IDM , IE, Chrome and firefox too, but the problem still exist.

Any suggestion how i can i solve it ?

Last edited:

meetdilip

Computer Addict
You can enable which browsers you want to download takeover in IDM setting. Install IDM after installing browsers. If you can get your hands on, you can also try another set up and check.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
It seems my browser are downloading things automatically when I got the downloading URL.

can you post a link as an example .. just to test with. Also the version of IDM and IE you're using ? note all severs do not support IM so IDm can't alwys override such server limitations.

No matter what IDM always worked fine for me with IE .. I've been using this combo more than 4 years now.

Hrishi

Isn't there an auto-integration feature available in IDM itself ??? That should take care of all the web-browsers installed.
I never had this issue, and I am also using it since a long time.

love_muddas

Broken In
I have installed Internet Download Manager (IDM) on my laptop, it does not take over download from chrome, firefox or IE and download the file through browser. I have re installed IDM , IE, Chrome and firefox too, but the problem still exist.

you can add any browsers in idm. go to options and in general tab you can add the browser you like...

you can add any browsers in idm. go to options and in general tab you can add the browser you like...

OP
C

coolvivs

Broken In
after reinstallation and checking integration, it's started to take over downloads but it is unable to download online video from website like youtube currently i have 6.15 build 3 version

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
after reinstallation and checking integration, it's started to take over downloads but it is unable to download online video from website like youtube currently i have 6.15 build 3 version

IDM is no more a sure shot solution for Youtube, instead use keepvid.com. Nothing can beat it, period.

Hrishi

Not sure , but if you are using Chrome and youtube .This might not work.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
for youtube nothing beats jdownloader in terms of flexibility & options.it is also a very good option for various other file hosting sites too.only downside is that it requires java but you can bypass this by downloading the portable zip/archive version which comes with its own java files & you just need to extract the files & double click the jdownloaderportable.exe to run it.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
so didn't see my screenshot? there is option uncheck and automatic download will stop. which i think solved now but harder way.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I m not sure how IDM works with browsers but if u r using mozilla then install flashgot plugin & then whenever u click on any download it should give u popup choice to download via IDM or not

Top Bottom