Intel Price Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitskale

Broken In
Hi Guys,

Just now I checked the Theitwares.com website. It shows the last updated date as 25-July-2007. But I can not see the E6600 price coming down.

I guess the price cut is still not effective in India.

Regards,
Amit.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
guyz there is a price drop but very less

Intel E6750 Conroe - 2.66 GHz 1333MHz,4 MB,LGA 8900

check this out on delta page

and they say Q6600 is 13k....

The other one
I can confirm this price for the Q6600. I just went to my dealer here (Kota, Rajasthan). He said that the Q6600 is available for 13,900 (all inclusive). I am going to order it tomorrow. Maybe I can get him to shave a hundered or two off the price.

Didn't ask about any other processor, except the E6850. It's not available right now, but since Intel has set the same price for both it and the Q6600, it's likely to the same price here.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
deltapage.com have their revised prices for Intel

6550 7900/-
6750 8900/-
Q6600 13000/- etc.

Last edited:

amitskale

Broken In
Guys,

I am confused here now.

apart from clock speed and fsb frequency what is the difference between E6320, E6420,E6550,E6600,E6700,E6750 and E6850?

All are core2 duo with 4MB L2 cache.

Is there anything special with E6600? Previously I had decided to go for E6600 but now I guess E6320 also is enough for me as I am going for 2GB of ram.

Please help!

Regards,
Amit Kale.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Well i suggest u should go for E6750 because of its lower price and also their motherboard withe the chipset P35 also support DDR 3 RAM whereas 1066 MHZ FSB doesn't support DDR 3. There are many motherboards which supports DDR 2 as well as DDR 3 but since u are getting more FSB and both options(DDR2 & DDR3) for the lesser price then i suggest go for 1333 MHz FSB sysytems.

godsownman

Padawan
Please suggest a suitable motherboard that can be coupled with ,

---> Core 2 Duo 2.66 Ghz E6750 - (4MB L2 cache 2.66Ghz 1333MHz FSB)

Not into gaming.

Thanks.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
XFX nForce 650i Ultra...An awesome deal and a great value for money!
Costs somewhat between 5K - 5.5K.

floyd80 said:
I got mine Q6600 for 13k and Newegg puts it at 319$ so the prices are right I guess.

Yeah but the the price is same only in Intel procesors. But what about rest of the hardware. Man we are paying almost double the price compared to newegg for the rest of the hardware!

Last edited:

floyd80

Broken In
Yup you are right there. For the rest of the stuff its plain highway robbery for e.g 8800gts cost only 10k according to Newegg

monkey

Padawan
godsownman said:
Please suggest a suitable motherboard that can be coupled with ,

---> Core 2 Duo 2.66 Ghz E6750 - (4MB L2 cache 2.66Ghz 1333MHz FSB)

Not into gaming.

Thanks.

I would suggest to for intel G33BU MoBo. MoBos from MSI, Asus and XFX are compatible with this Proc only after BIOS update. I can say this because I got this Proc only last week and had lot of trouble finding MoBo with which this processor works. After trying around 5 MoBos (basic with onboard GFX) from Asus, MSI and XFX I had to settle for Intel MoBo as only this could boot-up with this Proc.

Besides since you are not into gaming then Intel will be good from stability point of view. Got Intel G33BU from Nehru Place at Rs. 5,700/-.

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ i thought that the xfx 650i ultra was fully compatible wit the 6750..(FSB 1333) .. could u throw some more light on what u said??

monkey

Padawan
I thought so too..but when I installed this processor on 650i Ultra the system refused to boot. The same thing was happening with MSI and Asus MoBos. According to the dealer it was due to old BIOS with which all these MoBos came loaded with. Initially I thought the dealer just want to sell something else and thus making up the story. But then I got intel G33BU MoBo and the system booted up just fine - right out of the box. Except for the MoBo everything else was same. I have seen similar problem with high end MoBos too which came with default BIOS (i.e. BIOS version before few months back) as FSB 1333 MHz is new thing. So I suggest you update the BIOS before trying any MoBo.

Guys, please be careful when you purchase these processors. Becuase there are 2 version. The older B3 stepping version which is already there in the market and the new G0 stepping which is being shipped out by Intel right now. Do a google search on this and you can find out what the difference is and how you can identify it!

On the other hand, I tried posting a thread with the latest prices to take orders in the Bazaar section but seems like the admin does't want the thread to be posted, so I'm posting it here. This is the first lot of orders that is being shipped out to me from Intel India, anyone willing to purchase them can post what they like here so that I can order more as required along with the lot so that all of us profit with the prices.

E6550 -- G0 stepping -- 8499 + shipping ( US price 195-209$)
E6750 -- G0 stepping -- 9499 + shipping ( US price 235-245$)
E6850 -- G0 stepping -- 13999+shipping (US price 330-355$)

Q6600 -- B3 stepping for now(G0 will arrive very soon) -- 13699 + shipping ( US price 285-335 $)

These are NOT imported. It's a shipment from Intel India with local Intel warranty and in a factory sealed package.

All these excpet Q6600 are the G0 stepping. Will update everyone on the arrival of G0 for Q6600.

Anyone interested can either purchase directly from me or purchase via e-bay. If you purchase via e-bay you have the buyer protection, ie if you don't trust me:( . However, if you purchase through e-bay, all the addtional e-bay charges are added onto the price of the product resulting in a higher price than listed here.

If you want to purchase directly, just post what you want in this thread and I will IM you with the details.

NOTE: This post has been submitted in this section due to the relevance of the topic and since the original posts are not showing up in the Bazaar section.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
delta page offers E6750 for 8.9k !! why are u charging 1k extra ??

tell me ur shop address in bangalore...may be i will visit it this week for AMD procy shopping for my friend...since you are a digitian also

am not understanding !! u mean to say there are 2 versions of the same E6750 ?? one with GO and other without it ??

aks_win said:
delta page offers E6750 for 8.9k !! why are u charging 1k extra ??

tell me ur shop address in bangalore...may be i will visit it this week for AMD procy shopping for my friend...since you are a digitian also

am not understanding !! u mean to say there are 2 versions of the same E6750 ?? one with GO and other without it ??

Yes, there are 2 versions. The older one has the B3 stepping and the new one has G0 stepping. Beware!! Becasue lot of stocks with the old B3 are still left in the market and the dealers hardly as usual have any knowledge of this. So make sure you get the new G0 stepping.

Here is how you make out the difference:

*img213.imageshack.us/img213/3644/inteloc6.jpg

SL9UM stands for the older B3 stepping
SLACR stands for the new G0 stepping. Sorry there isn't a pic yet of this box as many dealers are still waiting for this shipment.

And, I am sorry to say that I don't have a Store in Bangalore,:( although I pitch in to source items at such scenarios of price drop.:D I have a friends who is also a dealer. So, I get to share his stocks and that's why Intel ships it to me!!

Well, regards to the price, this is what I can offer. By the way, it's not 1K, it's merely 500 bucks, do your math.:D

I can sell you the item at a lower price as long as you take more stock!! So, if you are willing to take 10pieces of E6750, I can give it to you for Rs8890/-. Now beat that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom