Infected by an adware

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
HijackThis - Trend Micro USA <-- Download this, create HijackThis log and post in this thread.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Occasionally a new tab(not window) opens to a travel (agencies) sites
they are not usually the same site every time
are these adds by thinkdigit? As i am usually surfing on forum i don't know if it is just a popup(which i doubt as I have ad-blocker installed)

Just for the record, I would like to say that, yes, the site thinkdigit have started to showup pop-up ads on first visit. It's for me too, and I think for everybody. So, if you are facing the ad on just thinkdigit site, then it's normal.

OP
Niilesh

Niilesh

Padawan
Update - it didn't work :(
Vyom said:
Just for the record, I would like to say that, yes, the site thinkdigit have started to showup pop-up ads on first visit. It's for me too, and I think for everybody. So, if you are facing the ad on just thinkdigit site, then it's normal.
I noticed that it also comes while not surfing TDF so ..

OP
Niilesh

Niilesh

Padawan
^
1.Press ctrl + shift + b
2.Click on import and export(or something like that)
you can figure out the rest yourself
BTW you can also you addons like Xmarks

OP
Niilesh

Niilesh

Padawan
WTF, I think now your pc have been infected with a rootkit. Do a boot time scan.

using what(i mean any trusted app?)

Update - Noticed that i didn't perform a full uninstall :oops:
Performed a full reinstall(or whatever you would call it)

Edit: didn't work :(
i am getting frustrated

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ scan your whole system with a AV rescue CD - get the latest updated version of the iso file from your preferred AV's website like Kaspersky, AVG, Avira, Bitdefender etc. - write the iso file on a cd - boot your pc with that and start the scan.

Rockstar11

Technomancer
using what(i mean any trusted app?)

Update - Noticed that i didn't perform a full uninstall :oops:
Performed a full reinstall(or whatever you would call it)

Edit: didn't work :(
i am getting frustrated

okkk try Combofix

ComboFix Download

IMPORTANT : ComboFix is extremely powerful , You should not run ComboFix.exe unless you are asked to by a trained helper .

OP
Niilesh

Niilesh

Padawan
^^ scan your whole system with a AV rescue CD - get the latest updated version of the iso file from your preferred AV's website like Kaspersky, AVG, Avira, Bitdefender etc. - write the iso file on a cd - boot your pc with that and start the scan.
I have to just normally write it?
Nothing special to be done to make it bootable?(i think not but just don't want to waste a CD)
PS: Downloaded kaspersky rescue disk

okkk try Combofix

ComboFix Download

IMPORTANT : ComboFix is extremely powerful , You should not run ComboFix.exe unless you are asked to by a trained helper .

are you a "trained helper" ? :lol:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you should write the iso file the way you write OS iso file ( to make a bootable OS Cd/DVD )
or else :
use imgburn ( place a blank Cd on the ODD before that ) - choose write image file to disc option - select the source of the iso file you have downloaded - choose write speed ( 10x should be good ) and hit the BiG write button - Voila ! your bootable CD will be ready to use within few minutes ;-)

OP
Niilesh

Niilesh

Padawan
Ran a scan from bootable PD today
It found three tojan.win32(which i think were false positive)
deleted them
Will again have to wait and watch

BTW kaspersky has not updated their rescue disk from a long time
its database is outdated. Is there a way to install updates from within windows?(as i would not be able to MBLAZE in its "OS")

Or should i download some other AV's rescue disk?

EDIT: didn't work(again) :(
Think will have to reinstall OS

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Ran a scan from bootable PD today
It found three tojan.win32(which i think were false positive)
deleted them
Will again have to wait and watch

BTW kaspersky has not updated their rescue disk from a long time
its database is outdated. Is there a way to install updates from within windows?(as i would not be able to MBLAZE in its "OS")

Or should i download some other AV's rescue disk?

EDIT: didn't work(again) :(
Think will have to reinstall OS

tried combofix??

just try before reinstall OS.

Top Bottom