Indian ISPs among the BitTorrent Throttling ISPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

snubbed

Broken In
Source - *torrentfreak.com//images/vuze-plug-in-results.pdf
All the major Indian ISPs - BSNL, VSNL, Reliance, Airtel are in that list.

I've myself experienced it in my Airtel connection. When i easily get 30-31kbps in my 256kbps connection for http downloads I get only 20-24kbps on a well seeded torrent.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Yes that right. And that happens because most of the Indian broadband users are ignorant to what they are getting from ISPs. :(
Moreover, their custoemr care sucks........for any problem they have only one solution: "Sir, please do anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-adware scan and your problem will be solved."

I have had more pathetic incidents with CC guys!
CC is more of a "fancy" term with hardly any "value" atleast in some companies.

clmlbx

Technomancer
not a way..............I really reject this I use airtel and i get a fanatastic speeds......... and their(airtel) customer care is superb mine problems get solve in less then 3-4 hours.airtel rocksss

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Wow my doubts now confirmed...
What did i tell ya guys... I suspected this...
But the thing is they affect my download only at some times...
What shall we do guys?
Is there a way to complain? In u.s this could be seen in a different angle...but in india with corrupt officials...g dont think we will ever move another step..,
Hoping for next version of torrent technology to hit...coz now with all ISP's started to block torrent , its time we make a next move...
Please dont delete this thread since because it has torrent word in it...
This is a bad activity from ISP's towards free internet...
And its against very basic rule of free internet !
Keep this thread alive...

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Most Indian ISPs are like cheap overselling wehbosts. Everything is ok till you are using only a "little bit" of what is allocated to you.

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
not a way..............I really reject this I use airtel and i get a fanatastic speeds......... and their(airtel) customer care is superb mine problems get solve in less then 3-4 hours.airtel rocksss

I vouch for you partner......I also have been using Airtel for 2 years now and I am getting more than expected speeds, that too without any major problem. On couple of instances my modem stopped working and it was replaced as promised within 4 hrs (which is what they claim their SLA to be). Very happy with Airtel (Touch Wood) and I wish they soon launch a 1Mbps conn speed within 1500.

Hoping for next version of torrent technology to hit...coz now with all ISP's started to block torrent , its time we make a next move...
Please dont delete this thread since because it has torrent word in it...
This is a bad activity from ISP's towards free internet...
And its against very basic rule of free internet !
Keep this thread alive...

Screw torrent, I use RS, direct download, absolute blazing speeds only bottelnecked by your ISP.

Last edited:

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
Yes torrent speeds are being throttled over here in chandigarh.

Everyday at 7:00 in the morning my connection goes off and it's back by 8:05... Am very much sure that this is intentionally done... Torrent speeds never go above 211kBps and bsnl customer care sucks...

napster007

Padawan
look on the bright side guys.....piracy over the p2p network is shooting for the stars in india now and the ISP's give a rats ass about it. so we have a bit of advantage too!

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
I dont get you napster..

Sam9s....
Oh yeah rs sucks big time dude...next time try to download a big chunk of file and when its half way and something happens then you will know which one is best...i agree for small files say withing 100mb its ok...but above it torrent rocks...no denial!

And explain me why torrent contributes to major sharing part rather than your r.s...

napster007

Padawan
^^whats not to get....ISP's over here know the amount of piracy that goes around but don't care at all. In other countries they have strict rules. So indian ISP's have their own advantage

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Actually its difficult to control piracy in india...the underground world cant be controlled by some riaa officials or anyone...its much more complicated... If they control internet , everyone will swift to the old way of getting what they want...
I think its better we change the way internet works or change torrent working...

I seriously dont get it...what if i run a server ? Wont there be a constant upload and download? Wont that affect their network? What if tom world is changing to grid computing? When all system are interconnected and world together? Wont there be strain on this network?
I think it better we introduce something along with introduction of ip6...

OP
S

snubbed

Broken In
I've been experiencing throttling in Airtel only sometimes, but i'm sure there is some throttling going on. With BSNL i've never experienced throttling instead i've found speeds go above 250-300kbps in upto 2mbps plans.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Actually the result shown by azureus is total number of tcp reset...which includes all the other factors causing the reset too....may be al isp are listed mainly coz of weak backbone of our networks....not necessarily throttling....this is one theory...
Any update guys?

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
I dont get you napster..

Sam9s....
Oh yeah rs sucks big time dude...next time try to download a big chunk of file and when its half way and something happens then you will know which one is best...i agree for small files say withing 100mb its ok...but above it torrent rocks...no denial!

And explain me why torrent contributes to major sharing part rather than your r.s...

Nope I completely disagree, and I am talking about the paid account, not the free stuff which usually people use. And you telling me to try to download a big chunk of file.....man....for 400/months I crack the ass out of RS with avg d/l of more than 25GB/week!. And there is no question of stucking halfway as flashget 9+ versions are awsome and gives you blazing speeds, without bothering of stucking anywhere in between......

torrent on the other hand sucks, coz it greatly depends on the seeds, peers and health, plus your ISP quality as well. With RS all you need to worry about is how high your isp can go, no other bottleneck.......

And explain me why torrent contributes to major sharing part rather than your r.s

Simple its free...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom